Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yeah, things that actually add to the gameplay but have the relative cost and enjoyment are totally fine to me. But, buying a cheap quest to play is pretty 'eh' to me. Rather wait for a bundle where I'd spend, say, $10 for about 4 - 8 hours of questing instead of many different separate purchases.
    That is something I never thought of...We could end up with things like, "Buy this epic story expansion for $29.99, and we'll throw in mudcrab armor and Fallout backbacks for free!"

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That is something I never thought of...We could end up with things like, "Buy this epic story expansion for $29.99, and we'll throw in mudcrab armor and Fallout backbacks for free!"
    Yeah, exactly. It's just going to end up like a MMORPG cash shop, and that's about it. Most of them incentive you to purchase bundles with extra goodies, and in this case it'd probably be stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As a modder myself, I think it is absolute bullshit and something I will not support, just as I did not support the first iteration of paid mods.

Mods should be free, period.
    Guarantee you're not a modder. No modder that puts that kind of effort and time wouldn't take a cut if they could. Nice try, buddy. Bet you work for free at your job, right? haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Guarantee you're not a modder. No modder that puts that kind of effort and time wouldn't take a cut if they could. Nice try, buddy. Bet you work for free at your job, right? haha.
    To be fair some people do honestly believe in the modding scene and no pay or little for it. And, anyone can be a modder -- just like anyone can be an artist. Reminder: Everyone has opinions, and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    FUCK SKYRIM, seriously. I'm fucking tired of that game being remade and remade and remade and remade. I want a new Elder Scrolls game, it's been too long. In the time since Skyrim I have planned a wedding, had a wedding, changed jobs 3 times, had a kid, and my kid is now old enough to play Skyrim. FUCK SKYRIM.
    If you've done that all in 5.5 years, you have a problem keeping a job. If you have a 5 year old playing video games like skyrim (1) you're a bad parent (2) he's a child prodigy and you should get some eSports team interested. People like you are just angry they have to pay for something they should have never had for free in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    If you've done that all in 5.5 years, you have a problem keeping a job. If you have a 5 year old playing video games like skyrim (1) you're a bad parent (2) he's a child prodigy and you should get some eSports team interested. People like you are just angry they have to pay for something they should have never had for free in the first place.
    Implying that skyrim is challenging game so 5 year old cant play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As a modder myself, I think it is absolute bullshit and something I will not support, just as I did not support the first iteration of paid mods.

Mods should be free, period.
    Same here. I already disabled the download on nexus, since they will try to steal my work again and try to resell it.

I bet their system is as bad as steam greenlight.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so people who work on unofficial patchs shouldn't get paid? you just deserve there work for free because reasons?
    ...Did you just... say that we should pay extra money just to be able to play a game? Not just that we have to go and buy the actual game, but to make it 'work' we have to pay even MORE? x_x There were so many bugs in Skyrim and a few that actually prevented you from making progress in the main story that was fixed with the unofficial patch!

Unless Bethesda starts outright selling graphical enhancements, which is not legal unless Boris the fat ruskie sells out, this is nothing to the majority of modders honestly

Still milking skyrim in 2017, and people will keep buying the game in all of its different version and now even paying bethesda for mods for the game.

Why would they release a new TES when they can keep milking their old one.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scr...n-development/

Also confirmed yesterday by pete hines elder scrolls 6 is still not even in development, because they are busy with re-releasing skyrim on the Switch, making skyrim VR, Their new card game Elder scrolls Legends getting a "Heroes of Skyrim" expansion pack, and ofc their mmo with the new Morrowind expansion. Keep buying their rereleased trash and they will never have to make a new game.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2017-06-13 at 11:56 AM.

This is a very good idea. What this may become is the advent of unlimited DLC for Skyrim. We already have entire mod teams creating vanilla-sized GB mods taking 1000s of hours for free. If altruism can produce such amazing content, imagine the content we'll see with money being the motivator and backed by the developers themselves. Im ecstatic.

If it turns into "buy this texture pack for $10!" They can go fuck themselves with a wabbajack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Still milking skyrim in 2017, and people will keep buying the game in all of its different version and now even paying bethesda for mods for the game.

Also confirmed yesterday by pete hines elder scrolls 6 is still not even in development, because they are busy with re-releasing skyrim on the Switch, making skyrim VR, Their new card game Elder scrolls Legends getting a "Heroes of Skyrim" expansion pack, and ofc their mmo with the new Morrowind expansion. Keep buying their rereleased trash and they will never have to make a new game.
    Skyrim has unlimited potential is why.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    ...Did you just... say that we should pay extra money just to be able to play a game? Not just that we have to go and buy the actual game, but to make it 'work' we have to pay even MORE? x_x There were so many bugs in Skyrim and a few that actually prevented you from making progress in the main story that was fixed with the unofficial patch!
    no i said the people who make unofficial patches should get paid if they want to if some one wants to put in time to fix bugs out side of bethesda and you find the game unplayable without those bug fixes why shouldn't that person get paid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Same here. I already disabled the download on nexus, since they will try to steal my work again and try to resell it.

I bet their system is as bad as steam greenlight.

- - - Updated - - -

so you disabled your mods because you lack basic reading skills and didn't read that its new mods only? and that you have to apply with previous mods and pitch mods before the'll release them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

Skyrim is a whore now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    This is a very good idea. What this may become is the advent of unlimited DLC for Skyrim. We already have entire mod teams creating vanilla-sized GB mods taking 1000s of hours for free. If altruism can produce such amazing content, imagine the content we'll see with money being the motivator and backed by the developers themselves. Im ecstatic.

If it turns into "buy this texture pack for $10!" They can go fuck themselves with a wabbajack.

Good thing is, I don't think Bethesda will see profit in having dozens of texture mods, at most we will see five or six, unless they are done separately, which I would prefer. Say I don't like the look of nord ruins, but love dwemer. It would be cool if I could buy a nord ruin retexture for $1.99

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to do this right. And by need, i mean NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    They need to do this right. And by need, i mean NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
    it looks pretty promising from the base they have now i just hope any thing they add is cannon i hate non cannon quest mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks pretty promising from the base they have now i just hope any thing they add is cannon i hate non cannon quest mods.
    I highly doubt Bethesda will allow anything non-canon. This appears to be HIGHLY curated, considering everything released through Creation Club will be official Bethesda content. They wouldn't want anything confusing their canon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if future major DLC isn't released exclusively on Creation Club, alongside and indistinguishable from the other content.

Well, this is the company which gave us the Warp in the West, however....confusing lore is a bit of a Bethesda writing specialty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I highly doubt Bethesda will allow anything non-canon. This appears to be HIGHLY curated, considering everything released through Creation Club will be official Bethesda content. They wouldn't want anything confusing their canon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if future major DLC isn't released exclusively on Creation Club, alongside and indistinguishable from the other content.

Well, this is the company which gave us the Warp in the West, however....confusing lore is a bit of a Bethesda writing specialty.
    I figure there will be some joke stuff but Ya hoping it's all cannon quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    no i said the people who make unofficial patches should get paid if they want to if some one wants to put in time to fix bugs out side of bethesda and you find the game unplayable without those bug fixes why shouldn't that person get paid?

- - - Updated - - -

so you disabled your mods because you lack basic reading skills and didn't read that its new mods only? and that you have to apply with previous mods and pitch mods before the'll release them?
    No..so they dont steal the code and models. They could easy asset-flip the sword model and just use a different color.
    There is nothing in their rules stating that they cant use others work in their work.

*i will be placing a watermark*
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want modders to be paid

I also want Bethesda to actually make their own fucking game where I dont have to buy the patches that fix the game or put in cutting room floor content

I also want Skyrim to stop being a dirty slut.