Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I would love a Diablo MMO. Would be so dark.
    I would not even get close to a diablo MMO.
    About being it "dark", yeah that is something i would like to see, but i do not know how could we magically give diablo IP rights to from software.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i really really hope for a diablo mmo.

isometric is annoying, the world's scaling isn't good or anything.

also, i want to play as an angel with their badass armor.
    Isometric is kinda a trademark. Would be kinda strange to play it but nontheless it's a new game. I assume also that we're all going to play as Nephalem - wild speculation: you can choose the side to stay with (angels or demons).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

isometric is annoying, the world's scaling isn't good or anything.
    If anything, we need more isometric games. Any more over-the-shoulder or first person RPGs and I'm going to hurl.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Isometric is kinda a trademark. Would be kinda strange to play it but nontheless it's a new game. I assume also that we're all going to play as Nephalem - wild speculation: you can choose the side to stay with (angels or demons).
    Well we all play as Nephalem in d3 already. So it wouldn't be a strange thing to happen.

well, a diablo mmo could have three factions. since the world stone has been gone for a while, most humans could be as strong as average demons and angels by now, so have humans, angels, and demons.

have imperius get a huge murder boner over the increasing strength of the humans, and the demons wanting vengeance for the defeat of the prime evil. so all three factions could be enemies, or tense allies at certain times or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    If anything, we need more isometric games. Any more over-the-shoulder or first person RPGs and I'm going to hurl.
    isometric isn't immersive at all. it's fine in rts games like star craft, or mobas. but shit with real story should get you up in the enemy's face. the world should be to proper scale and draw you in.

the dark gothic style of diablo would be so much more amazing if you could see it as it truly is. bleak, haunted forests. crumbling tombs filled with blood and gore from evil cults. it'd be just amazing.

Just nitpicking here - we're in the realm of infinite possibilities so everything is opinions and nothing can be right/wrong.
    well, a diablo mmo could have three factions.
    Could be, but honestly i don't really see it happening. Also factions in a 2017 online game it's just useless imho. Again, Diablo is all about slaying hordes of demons and there's not much after that - so don't see those kind of faction happening. Imho factions are just an old as hell and unneeded structure. PvP can happen in a lot of ways.

isometric isn't immersive at all.
    It's not much about immersion. Diablo a is not immersive. Is literally aoeing hordes down and getting loot. What you propose is way more functional for a single player game, be it story or combat driven.
    What comes to my mind with your words is a Dark Souls style game in the Diablo universe, and while that would make me moist, it simply won't happen. Blizzard direction with their modern games is pretty clear and i don't expect anything different as it just sells really well.

Deleted
    warcraft 4 would break the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    They are just about to make a new class available to D3, it'd be very surprising if they then instantly turned around to make an entirely new platform.
    Moneyyyyyyyy, moneyyyyyyyyyyy

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link. I'm applying for the job

Deleted
    there are some things to consider. First off i remeber there being job opening for an unnounced prject and one of the requirements was to love diablo. More recently more job openings for an unnounced project using a robust "first person engine" appaered as well. Now here comes the ideas. there are 2 options, either these 2 projects are seperate things, or they are the same. If they are the same that would mean there is a first person diablo game in the works most likely like a skyrim esque game which i think would be fking dope made by blizzard. Now if they are not related it means tehres a new diablo game in the works (thats a given) but it could be diablo 4 made in the way we know diablo games or it could be a diablo mmo, and another thing to support that, Tom chilton was lead directior on WoW stepped down to work on an unnannouced project within blizzard, and given his mmo experience it may be diablo mmo, but jsut cuz he was director of wow doesnt mean it has to be related to an mmo. The first person engine project could be many things, it could be an overwatch story expansion pack, or it may be the ground works of an fps mmo, who fking knows. One thing is for sure, shits going down.

maybe they want MMO experience to help design a massive world for single player like the witcher 3 or skyrim?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Just nitpicking here - we're in the realm of infinite possibilities so everything is opinions and nothing can be right/wrong.

Could be, but honestly i don't really see it happening. Also factions in a 2017 online game it's just useless imho. Again, Diablo is all about slaying hordes of demons and there's not much after that - so don't see those kind of faction happening. Imho factions are just an old as hell and unneeded structure. PvP can happen in a lot of ways.

It's not much about immersion. Diablo a is not immersive. Is literally aoeing hordes down and getting loot. What you propose is way more functional for a single player game, be it story or combat driven.
    What comes to my mind with your words is a Dark Souls style game in the Diablo universe, and while that would make me moist, it simply won't happen. Blizzard direction with their modern games is pretty clear and i don't expect anything different as it just sells really well.
    i'm not a whole huge fan of factions either. but i would like to be able to play as human, angel and demon.

and less dark souls, more wow.

and less dark souls, more wow.
    well, i can agree with this. As said before, i can see a Diablo game with a wow-like persistent world with zones and quests scattered through the world and static dungeons for small groups (i feel 4 is a good number given how there's no holy trinity and i hope it stays this way) to farm loot.

It's all about the plans they have, and if it's going to be a long-term plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything Diablo is good for me, I just love the setting and aesthetics.

However I really hope there will be more RPG elements. I love Warcraft franchise too, but as Forsaken smashing heads with shovel in Hillsbrad Foothills one day and on next day Tyrande is licking my butt just to save Malfurion is weird. I always loved questing and stories, but in WoW it all feels streamlined into one goal depending on overall development that your character feels like it has either multiple personalities or none at all.

Diablo is pretty straightforward and well explained when it comes to evil and good. With Nephalem being the only creatures that have choice, I would love to have options during quests that push my character into various directions. However I doubt we could become really evil as slaying demons will be a huge part of the game, but maybe we could become something like Zoltun Kulle?

Next thing I really hope for is less, but more unique classes. I always hated class homogenization in WoW and then they started to add more and more classes, suddenly Monks who were supposed to be kings of mobility are outclassed by Demon Hunters. I want to play class because I like the skills it brings to the table no other class can bring, I really miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Next thing I really hope for is less, but more unique classes. I always hated class homogenization in WoW and then they started to add more and more classes, suddenly Monks who were supposed to be kings of mobility are outclassed by Demon Hunters. I want to play class because I like the skills it brings to the table no other class can bring, I really miss that.
    Sometime the "homogenization" word is taken too far. Not saying that in WoW classes don't follow the same scheme, but the issue there is that there's a structure (raids/trinity) that simply asks for it until you want some classes end like Vanilla Paladin blessings bot.

If anything, i'd just like more classes over time. Also, complete removal of everything "support" excluding self buffs and self healing, to avoid stuff like the support monk that is basically the only one wanted for pushing high level rifts.

Diablo is all about enter there - kill everything - loot. Classes are just a different toolkit to do the same things, so if the damage/survivability is balanced, you can literally pick any one and do everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometime the "homogenization" word is taken too far. Not saying that in WoW classes don't follow the same scheme, but the issue there is that there's a structure (raids/trinity) that simply asks for it until you want some classes end like Vanilla Paladin blessings bot.

If anything, i'd just like more classes over time. Also, complete removal of everything "support" excluding self buffs and self healing, to avoid stuff like the support monk that is basically the only one wanted for pushing high level rifts.

Diablo is all about enter there - kill everything - loot. Classes are just a different toolkit to do the same things, so if the damage/survivability is balanced, you can literally pick any one and do everything.
    I understand the reason behind homogenization. However it completely destroyed diversity in WoW, some classes despite bringing lower numbers were actually important for groups because they could increase numbers of other classes into obscene highs. Then we ended up with multiple classes doing the same role, but only few actually performing well which enforced FOTM even more.

If you look at Healers in WoW, each plays the same. Every single one of them has slow efficient heal, fast inefficient heal and filler heal as core of their gameplay with cooldowns being the main difference.

Or look at Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests, both are DoT classes. One has stacking DoT and other fills bar to gain massive damage boost. Why have two classes really? Wouldn't it be more fun if you had all their mechanics gelled within one DoT dedicated class? This is what I am talking about, instead of having multiple nuking casters like Elemental, Destruction, Fire, Arcane and maybe even Frost, why not a have a single class?

I also enjoyed having huge cooldowns or dispels unique for classes, I just found it more enjoyable to have encounters where you had your moment.

All I want is truly unique gameplay experience where I can embrace strengths and weaknesses of my chosen class.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    All I want is truly unique gameplay experience where I can embrace strengths and weaknesses of my chosen class.
    Agree completely. My point is that is just better to have the same "role" for everyone and change the actual way one class deals with it. Since players will end anyway looking through youtube for guides and "meta", you will end with a lot of people just flocking to the FOTM one everytime a new video comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree completely. My point is that is just better to have the same "role" for everyone and change the actual way one class deals with it. Since players will end anyway looking through youtube for guides and "meta", you will end with a lot of people just flocking to the FOTM one everytime a new video comes out.
    Agree, no design is perfect. People always try to find a way to cheese through a game.

Deleted
    Diablo 4 sounds the most plausible story, but I really hope they take their time to rethink the game, cause 3 was a real miss.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the randomness of it all, but it feels so 'rotten-carrot-on-a-very-very-very-long-stick'.

And I might hit some people in the feels here, but I'd prefer they keep it third-person. This defines the diablo genre.

Given that WoW is still going strong, I personally find it HIGHLY unlikely that Warcraft 4 is a possibility any time soon . The Diablo MMO speculations have existed since - forever - but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Maybe StarCraft 3? I still think it's too early for Diablo 4.

can you imagine a first person diablo skyrim style game
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.