Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    No one would let them die. If you jump off a bridge and no one catches you, did anyone let you die, or have you just done something that is more than likely to kill you?
    Yah this is my issue too. We can't just say the distress call was outright ignored.

Soooo many places it could fall through. The radio not being dependable, the fact that there are pirates, the bystander effect if other ships were active that day, the message reciever as an individual, delivered to whomever was in charge in charge like a bad version of telephone, asking even higher chains of command back on shore for advisory, responsibility to crew over cost of extending assistance...

The thing is, the more we insist wrong was done, the less likely we are to ever hear the truth. That's why the truth settles in on this being a tragedy, but not at their fault.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-06-13 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I see this kind of analogy a lot and it keeps annoying me. The people doing this are suicidal. They are taking a risk, yes (one that was obviously downplayed to them by whatever trafficker they paid all their money to for the voyage) but their intent is not death or self harm. Most of these people have no idea how long the journey by sea really is or how dangerous, likely never having been on a boat. It is stupidity, yes, along with desperation. But your analogy falls flat when it comes to possible positive outcomes, and therefore intent.
    there is no positive outcome from these people

http://data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/mediterranean

Not a lot of Syrians come that way. Most are on there way here for economical reasons. While i wouldn't go as far as to say let them drown something drastic needs to be done because at the minute the EU are basically running a ferry service.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Good, they should have been doing that from the start. Actively sinking the ships would be better, but it is a start
    good shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Except most people on those boats are not coming from countries ravaged by war, like most migrants not coming from countries ravaged by war.
    Most even come from countrys with a emerging economies. Maybe they just spend 450$ to get rid of there criminal scum and when tunisia citizens protest on the street that they dont want criminal tunisian back and dont want to be the "trashbin" of europe that just strengthened my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    No one would let them die. If you jump off a bridge and no one catches you, did anyone let you die, or have you just done something that is more than likely to kill you?
    I can't really see what the point is that you are trying to make with this.
    In this case it seems pretty obvious that they did let them die though, and even if it was a risk taking on their part boarding that ship I don't think the majority of them set out to commit some sort of planned collective suicide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, why are we discussing something that happened 4 years ago and already is under investigation by the proper authorities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Saving them is the right thing to do. I would have too [reluctantly]. You fail to or maybe you are too young to remember that these are the same Syrians that passed out candy and took a holiday because of the WTC collapsing. Just because I don't gush over these now refugees doens't mean I wouldn't help them. Get your fucking head out of your asshole and fuck yourself.

I'm done. *mic drop*
    Glad you managed to shoehorn some "but they like terroists"- dribble into this discussion. You people never fail to demonstrate misplaced hatred, barbaric attitudes and just a complete lack of reason, over and over.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Good, they should have been doing that from the start. Actively sinking the ships would be better, but it is a start
    Right... kill refugee babies because... they're refugees....start a separate war and violate international laws because... "Denmark!"?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, rescuing and keeping the refugees are 2 things. They could have rescued them but safely send them back after.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Rescue operations will only send a single message to the human traffickers: the boats work.

We should not be stopping these dinghys and bringing the people to Europe because it's proven to be encouraging more people to give their life savings to criminals and taking the risky journey.
    Dealing with these boats is incredible tricky, Australia has been doing it for nearly 2 decades now.

If they see you on the horizon, they will scuttle their ship before you have a chance to seize control, to force your hand to "rescue" them.
    Once you have them on board, they will scream, cry and threaten self harm or harm to the children unless you take them directly to shore.
    Turning them back is extremely difficult (see scuttling above).
    Towing is actually an incredibly difficult practice at sea and nearly impossible to do without the consent or complete control of the towed vessel.
    Keeping a prize crew on a towed vessel for the time taken to bring them back to their point of departure also has it's own risks, seeing as conditions on the boat will already be poor, the passengers are likely non compliant and could potentially interfere with the ships operations. No Captain would sleep soundly for a 38 hour trip back to Indonesian Waters knowing he had a half dozen armed crew on a ship with possibly hundreds of illegal entrants, some of them potentially the smugglers themselves, in a tow through the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    I could have compassion if all evidence did not point to them coming from entirely safe countries and then spreading war and conflict to wherever they go.

As it is, they might as well burn for all I care. Saves me the effort of scraping them off my turf later on. Won't be the ideologue elites doing it.
    If you weren't hiding behind a keyboard and let us know your origin we could tell you how we should have let your ancestors croaked when they needed help.

That goes for all the fucktards using the same troll bait in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Was that supposed to be an insult? Stop projecting. All you're doing is virtue-signaling and talking smack on a WoW forum, it's not like you have any real social capital for pointing the feels-fingers anywhere.
    Why, did it offend you?

Try to cram a few more shitlord buzzwords into your next reply. I think they have a sheet somewhere you can pull your responses from when you've got nothing of your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Pot meet kettle.
    Sorry I must've missed the part where I tried to vilify a bunch of refugees who drowned, just on general principle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    how people can still believe this? most of them leave latvia because it was not comfortable enough for them, they don't seek safety if they leave safe countries because they want more comfortable life, they go to germany or sweden because thats where they get money
    You think people risk their lives and those of their families crammed into rickety boats to get your juicy welfare dollars?

Again, gumdrop house, lollipop lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    a man who ignores another mans cry for help, and does nothing, when they could help, is no man at all.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why, did it offend you?

Try to cram a few more shitlord buzzwords into your next reply. I think they have a sheet somewhere you can pull your responses from when you've got nothing of your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I must've missed the part where I tried to vilify a bunch of refugees who drowned, just on general principle.

- - - Updated - - -

You think people risk their lives and those of their families crammed into rickety boats to get your juicy welfare dollars?

Again, gumdrop house, lollipop lane.
    I know, big difference laughing at thousands of innocent people dying. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    a man who ignores another mans cry for help, and does nothing, when they could help, is no man at all.
    A man bowing for emotional/moral blackmail is no man at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Perhaps i am reading you wrong, but i am surprised you haven't been called out on this. The article that i read, and i searched a couple of other articles, states that 268 Syrian refugees drowned. Now, it is possible that all survivors are not Syrian, but i didn't read this. If it is indeed in the article, then could you please quote from the article?

Might as well call you out on this, too. Syria is high on obesity, at least prior to the war. If you see a fat Syrian, it could very well be that he hasn't lost the weight he gained on his own dime.

yeah budy, google the wellfare statistics for the following nations, and then sort them by origin of receiver

Netherlands
    France
    United Kingdom
    Belgium
    Germany

Go ahead.

here's a tidbit on the kind we have to deal with

https://www.pressreader.com/netherla...81487866290374

Google translate that shit though, it's dutch.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2017-06-13 at 09:43 PM.

It might be good for the general world public to learn that if you force your way into a country feeling entitled to their welfare, the people of that country will start to be wary and may not be so excited about bringing you in.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I know, big difference laughing at thousands of innocent people dying. /s
    I didn't say that those people deserved it though, did I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I didn't say that those people deserved it though, did I?
    Whatever makes you sleep better at night.