• 120- 130

56 16.87%
  • 130 and over

186 56.02%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    IQ boasting on mmo-c.com - I may as well go read sexual advice from some of our basement dwellers while I'm at it

I love the IQ topic though: it 100% separates special snow flakes vs. everyone else who doesn't give a flying fuck, and just lives life knowing people are out there measuring their IQ with added anonymous epeen action

OT: over 9,000 - while I'm cracking a cold one with the boyz

106 when I was being researched a while ago. Scored really high on the memory part not so much on the rest.
    Last edited by Tandi; 2017-06-13 at 12:54 PM.

An free online quiz back in 2005 told me I had an IQ of 165, so I'm pretty much Stephan Hawking.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    got 131 on the paid mensa test (the real one after assessment test online)

Deleted
    Just here to point out that 130 isn't that high when you're already sampling a category (gamers) which are already on the high spectrum.

You should have probably asked who's 135-139 and 140+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Well, I took the online Wechsler test here (http://wechslertest.com) and this was the result:

But of course, the very website warns you right from the start that "This is not an official Wechsler test and is only for entertainment purposes. Any scores derived from it may not accurately reflect the score you would attain on an official Wechsler test."

So obviously that result is to be taken with quite the minuscule grain of salt. I took the 30 min version of it. 30 questions, with 30 min to answer. Wasn't too bad (though 3 of the questions royally fucked me over, as they were about the english language, which is not my native language. There should be a spanish version of that test dammit >_>), but meh.

I will never know what my "official" IQ is, because I sure as fuck aint stupid enough to actually pay for a test just to stroke/bruise my ego.
    Took the same test, also spent a lot of time on "find the right word" part of the test. Scored 47 which puts me at 99th percentile and IQ 135+. Wish it was true because I'm not that smart.

Deleted
    Last two times it was tested I got a 134 and a 133.

I lost a point along the way

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    High enough not to pay some cunt for a pointless test.
    Exactly, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Just here to point out that 130 isn't that high when you're already sampling a category (gamers) which are already on the high spectrum.

You should have probably asked who's 135-139 and 140+
    wat the fuck we're high?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    IQ boasting on mmo-c.com - I may as well go read sexual advice from some of our basement dwellers while I'm at it

I love the IQ topic though: it 100% separates special snow flakes vs. everyone else who doesn't give a flying fuck, and just lives life knowing people are out there measuring their IQ with added anonymous epeen action

OT: over 9,000 - while I'm cracking a cold one with the boyz
    This is truly amazing. I've put together a quick website to keep track of this data and compare it to additional demographics.

http://mmo-champion-iq.s3-website-eu...com/index.html

Only ever did one test when I applied for Mensa, got 141. I trained a bit for that test. If I did another one right now I might be a bit lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    Took the same test, also spent a lot of time on "find the right word" part of the test. Scored 47 which puts me at 99th percentile and IQ 135+. Wish it was true because I'm not that smart.
    I think the test is bogus. It gave me 127, and I skipped the "form word out of these" and all the "what's next number on the sequence", and couple others I couldn't bother thinking further, despite finishing with 12 minutes leftover. It's probably around 10 of the 30 I skipped in total.

Edit. The 15 min version gave me 132-135. Skipped 3 out of 15, with 11 minutes left.

I think I could get higher score if I spent more time on the questions I skipped, but not bothering. I doubt I'm past 110 or something no matter what online test would say.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-06-13 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Me SMART! !

56% above 130 in the poll, nice.. that seems about right :P

OT, I've taken and passed the possibly most well known of these tests, FWIW. Hard work, luck and social skills tend to be far more important for success than a Mensa membership (or eligibility of the same).
    Last edited by Perryn; 2017-06-13 at 11:13 AM.

Stanford–Binet Intelligence charges like 25 bucks to get the result

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why are we doubting the posters instead of just doubting the test? People score high because it is a crappy test.
    Yup. The online test is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

That Mensa shit looks like some kind fo good promotional thing. People wanting to be in that GREAT 2% of nation. I suspect they take some kind of payment for tests or/and membership. For me it seems like a big fraud.

Deleted
    IQ tests are notoriously unreliable, even the WAIS. We've studied it ad nauseam during my Masters degree in Psychology. There are a multitude of intelligence concepts that cannot be accurately described by these tests. People who express their IQ in the form of 1 number are bullshitting themselves.

Even if we do assume that the IQ construct exists and that you can measure it, the distribution of the construct is a normal distribution with a 100 average. Do you really think that the majority of the posters here fall in a range of 2 or even 3 standard deviations from the mean? That's the top 2% or 0.1% of the general population.

Don't kid yourself guys, you're more average than you think.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-06-13 at 12:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    150. This is the internet, right? Even if I was honest, the credibility would be zero.
    Lol! Good one. And what is one's common sense mental score? I am a lot more impressed with that than their IQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    This is truly amazing. I've put together a quick website to keep track of this data and compare it to additional demographics.

http://mmo-champion-iq.s3-website-eu...com/index.html
    This is the post of the year.