Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Did they get sponsors pulling out due to outrage then, as well? Genuinely curious, since this is the first I've heard of this group and this particular take on the play.
    I don't think they did. I checked out this story in Yahoo, and a few Trump supporters tried to say things like "If a similar play were made about Obama, Liberals would be OUTRAGED!!!". Well, the exact same play WAS made about Obama 4 years earlier, it was mentioned in the article, and if there was outrage I certainly don't remember it. Only the vilest of the vile Trump supporters pursued in acting outraged by this. There is nothing here, with the few Trump supporters that commented making Trump supporters in general look bad.

Makes sense. Julius was a great emperor (if emperors can be called that). Julius was a general before he became emperor and he defeated Gauls! Fought on front line too. Trump can't be Julius. More like Caligula sans the vigor..or women.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Makes sense. Julius was a great emperor (if emperors can be called that). Julius was a general before he became emperor and he defeated Gauls! Fought on front line too. Trump can't be Julius. More like Caligula sans the vigor..or women.
    Technically he was never an Emperor.

Oh, another thing that's wrong: he was popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well, maybe Trump now knows a politician, who was treated worse than him.
    Although as an american president, he should probably know that some others were assassinated or survived attempts. But well, it is trump after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is about as far from Julius Caesar as any head of state could possibly be.

Has any ever read or seen the play? One of the themes is even in the face of a philosophical upheaval (ie the slow change from a republic to an autocracy) violence is never the answer because from that point on nothing goes in the conspirators favor even when they try to use logic why the act had to be done. If I was a conservative I would spin the whole situation into a "cautionary tale for the extremist about being violent to meet your goals" but no they go with the easy and simple route of saying "they show beloved leader being killed, time for knee-jerk reactions (although they had a history of including all recent president's including Obama).

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Hmmm...so sponsors bailing on Hannity and O'Reilly is a big leftest conspiracy to quash opposition freedom of speech...but sponsors bailing on a play is good?

I just want to understand where to place my chip on my hypocrisy bingo card. It's really hard these days.

My opinion is that sponsors get to put their money where they want and it has absolutely nothing to do with free speech. That's the risk when you do something edgy, controversial, or illegal -- you run the risk that sponsors decide you aren't worth the potential association. That's pretty much a fundamental tenant of capitalism.
    Did anyone say it was good my friend? I just can't seem to find that quote anywhere. Perhaps you can help find it for us.
    Those people could lose work because of it. Maybe CNN and company will make up difference.
    The show must go on!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Has any ever read or seen the play? One of the themes is even in the face of a philosophical upheaval (ie the slow change from a republic to an autocracy) violence is never the answer because from that point on nothing goes in the conspirators favor even when they try to use logic why the act had to be done. If I was a conservative I would spin the whole situation into a "cautionary tale for the extremist about being violent to meet your goals" but no they go with the easy and simple route of saying "they show beloved leader being killed, time for knee-jerk reactions (although they had a history of including all recent president's including Obama).
    ^
    This

One of the main themes is that you shouldn't use a dictator's means to stop a dictator, and undemocratic and underhanded actions even if the result is "good" (I put "good" in quotes because the senators thought it was good, but shades of grey yadda yadda) in the grand scheme of things inevitably lead to ruin.

It's like these people have never read a book.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-06-13 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Doesn't get much edgier than a 400 year old play about a 2000 year old assassination.
    Dude, spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And who plays Brutus?
    Roger Stone I'd think.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Edge-
    http://www.startribune.com/trump-the...ies/427990033/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.92ddc7d37f97
    Just some quick checking, but it appears that sponsors didn't pull out over it when it was done to Obama.

It also is rather sad to note that Donald Jr. doesn't seem to understand that art can be political, while still being art.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-06-13 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Did anyone say it was good my friend?
    I was making a general assertion here. Not speaking specifically to you or this thread. I'm sure an independent like you can see how Trump supporters would cheer this. Just as the left cheered sponsors leaving O'Reilly.

Maybe CNN and company will make up difference.
    Your dislike of the MSM is reaching obsessive levels that can't be healthy. This story has absolutely nothing to do with MSM -- unless you think the play counts as news.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I was making a general assertion here. Not speaking specifically to you or this thread. I'm sure an independent like you can see how Trump supporters would cheer this. Just as the left cheered sponsors leaving O'Reilly.

Your dislike of the MSM is reaching obsessive levels that can't be healthy. This story has absolutely nothing to do with MSM -- unless you think the play counts as news.
    Something similar happened not too long ago to the actors of 'Hamilton'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Something similar happened not too long ago to the actors of 'Hamilton'.
    Huh? What happened? Are you talking about them addressing Pence? Did Hamilton lose sponsors? I feel like I missed a story here for this comparison to make sense.

I had the impression you are a little bit older already.
    Yes, I am old as balls. Do they not teach Shakespeare in school anymore, or did you just fail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yes, I am old as balls. Do they not teach Shakespeare in school anymore, or did you just fail?
    I just failed. Thanks that you care. Really rare, considering how young you are.

I just failed. Thanks that you care. Really rare, considering how young you are.
    It seems you failed English composition as well...

Deleted
    It seems you failed English composition as well...
    Yes, i did. Thanks you found out. If i ever have questions about improving, i will ask you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't really see the comparison, Julius Caesar had accomplishments.

He's more of a Nero. Maybe Caligula?

Too soon.
    Id go the sulla route actually

Yes, i did. Thanks you found out. If i ever have questions about improving, i will ask you.
    Start with the shift key. It goes at the start of sentences, and proper nouns.

Deleted
    Start with the shift key. It goes at the start of sentences, and proper nouns.
    What a great tip. I WILL USE THE SHIFT KEY ALL THE TIME NOW.

Oh, btw., is "casual" spoken "ca'zil" or "ca'zu'el'?

And is "amazon" really "em-me-zon" and not "am-a-zone"?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-06-13 at 06:23 PM.