sunshine: suns
    64: stars
    odyssey moons
    pokemon star confirmed
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Idk about you guys but this has definitely been the weakest E3 in years.

I'd say Nintendo > Microsoft > Sony this year.

Sony was incredibly disappointing this year, I was hoping they would blow us away. I expected a few new IPs but the most exciting thing they had to show was God of War,
    which we already knew about anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they never once confirmed a metroid was coming. you really thing they would do something like that and it wouldnt be constantly mentioned in the switch thread?
    https://gamerant.com/metroid-nintendo-switch-127/

Everyone with +two neurones understood what he meant at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    no he didnt, when asked about a main series prime game for wiiu he said a metroid was NOT in development and if it entered development it would be for nx since it was too late to make it for wiiu.

they never once confirmed it, the closest we got was reggie saying maybe one day we will get a metroid and to ask him next year about it
    Quote from Reggie:

"Look, we know that the fans want a straight Samus Aran game," he said. "We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it versus what other companies do, which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years. It’s just not the way we do things."

He added: "We know the community wants to see a straight-up Metroid game. We know it.”

Ironically they did exactly what he said they wouldn't do and announce a game that is YEARS away. Regardless, this is basically a confirmation that the game is going to get made and the timing of it made it clear it would be a Switch game.

You have a brain, use it. You don't need things explicitly said to you to know that they're going to happen.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously it's great that Metroid Prime 4's being made but they showed nothing, so eh. I'm sure next year they'll have something to show with the 2019-2020 release date.

If Nintendo won anything it's because they managed to stop both Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 from slipping into 2018, I was 95% sure one of those was going to be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sure you do! Final Fantasy Tactics is another example. There are plenty of games in this genre.
    'Tactics'/FireEmblem/ShiningForce games are a bit different than Xcom. The whole move your squad, exchange gunfire with, likely included for even this game, hit modifiers, etc.

Either way, it's not going to be a huge hit, not like this Mario game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucks with Mario Odyssey tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Obviously it's great that Metroid Prime 4's being made but they showed nothing, so eh. I'm sure next year they'll have something to show with the 2019-2020 release date.

If Nintendo won anything it's because they managed to stop both Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 from slipping into 2018, I was 95% sure one of those was going to be delayed.
    Didn't we already know Mario was 2017? The fact that it was Holiday timeframe, or Fall, was already a sore spot for me knowing that there's nothing else from Launch until then to bridge the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post

wasn't xenoblade 2 shown as fall 2017? Fall isn't far away we are already into summer, I think they don't even know if it'll be ready they are just hoping.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo won so hard I can't even

Deleted
    Seriously, people, Digital Revolver (Ubisoft coming second) won this year. At least Sony and Nintendo gave us good reasons to buy their consoles, still waiting for a reason to buy a XXXBoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Quote from Reggie:

"Look, we know that the fans want a straight Samus Aran game," he said. "We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it versus what other companies do, which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years. It’s just not the way we do things."

He added: "We know the community wants to see a straight-up Metroid game. We know it.”

Ironically they did exactly what he said they wouldn't do and announce a game that is YEARS away. Regardless, this is basically a confirmation that the game is going to get made and the timing of it made it clear it would be a Switch game.

You have a brain, use it. You don't need things explicitly said to you to know that they're going to happen.
    reggie is not the fucking creator of metroid.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Tendoo > MS +/- 1 or = Sony

Tendo > Ubisoft > MS +/- 1 or = Sony > EA > Bethesda

10+ Year Old Account
    I misspoke, but it doesn't refute my point.

he is the head of fucking NOA he'll know when a fucking baby will be born and bless that child before it exists
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

a mario between worlds is great

I cannot stand nintendo fanboys, if you *personally* liked nintendo best sure. But to state that they won E3, with this showing, is asinine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I misspoke, but it doesn't refute my point.
    do you know how many years reggie has been saying "maybe next year?" with metroid prime?

Deleted
    Now it's time to vote for the Game of the Show!

I vote for the head-ripping moment from Bruz (Shadow of War GOTY).

10+ Year Old Account
    nvm found a summary. Yeah Nintendo pretty much brought the thunder and by far the best presentation.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2017-06-13 at 04:54 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!