Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So much for addressing outliers. I'm pretty sure Affliction, Havoc, Frost DK and Fury didn't lose much either. Some of them got buffed.
    Last edited by beaver1024; 2017-06-12 at 11:02 AM.

I simmed with 935 ilvl, ED+IFE 970 ilvl, Whisp at 900 ilvl and rest 930 ilvl for 1,292,348. Patchwerk fight.

Been fiddling around with the nightly build and this is what i got

Used the same setup as the mage sims. Same ilvl distribution. Used Slippys BiS list for ToS items and 925 Whispers and 925 Metronom. Default APL (+ added the OWL trinket on use after Incarnation).
    It doesn't look as grim as the original sims but we are still behind Frost mages by ~140k. Hopefully it's enough to remain around middle and not drop to bottom.
    Last edited by wewe; 2017-06-12 at 02:25 PM.

Looks good, thanks for sharing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Been fiddling around with the nightly build and this is what i got

Used the same setup as the mage sims. Same ilvl distribution. Used Slippys BiS list for ToS items and 925 Whispers and 925 Metronom. Default APL (+ added the OWL trinket on use after Incarnation).
    It doesn't look as grim as the original sims but we are still behind Frost mages by ~140k. Hopefully it's enough to remain around middle and not drop to bottom.
    Default APL hasn't been updated for ED. Anyway I'd suggest using OI+IFE for the sims, no point using ED in ToS unless you don't have OI & IFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Default APL hasn't been updated for ED. Anyway I'd suggest using OI+IFE for the sims, no point using ED in ToS unless you don't have OI & IFE.
    I've been looking for the updated APL but can't seem to find it. Since it was said the ED change is dps neutral I figured the difference wont be anything meaningful between default and updated, might have been wrong tho.

I tried OI and IFE (without 2T19) but it's simming lower the ED builds. Will try it with 2T19 but since i only had mythic base ilvl tier pieces I didn't bother yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking for the updated APL but can't seem to find it. Since it was said the ED change is dps neutral I figured the difference wont be anything meaningful between default and updated, might have been wrong tho.

I tried OI and IFE (without 2T19) but it's simming lower the ED builds. Will try it with 2T19 but since i only had mythic base ilvl tier pieces I didn't bother yet.
    Yeah OI/IFE will definitely be below ED builds without 2pc T19 -- ED is still a strong legendary, BiS for ST. The problem is that it has to accommodate for the loss of 2pc T19.

Did the rest of the range specs. Same methodology/settings as my boomkin sim. Ilvl range is 937 - 939 average. Weapons are on 954. 2 970 legendaries.
    Interesting that elementals have been whining in every thread for 2 weeks now yet they are better then fire and on par with us and destro...
    Again disclaimer, this is the nightly build, some profiles might not be fully optimised and some APL-s might not be up to date.

Edit: made some tweaks to the profiles, everyone is on 52 traits now (destro and demo didn't have 52, so destro goes up a bit), in the new version of simc BM dropped by 20k even tho the profile didn't change at all. Basically Destro and BM switched placed.
    Last edited by wewe; 2017-06-13 at 09:58 AM.

hunter>frost mage> lock> spriest> boomkin> ele>

riparino

Deleted
    MM 4p is bound to get nerfed, it's like 17% increase or something stupid. it's gonna be demo/aff=frost>hunter>>>rest

Not sure how boomkin is above ele. Looks like boomkin is going to be dead last.

So from Slippy's post - it seems that our T20 2p+4p set bonuses are worth 5.1% increase on ST. While T19 2p+4p were worth 8%. Pretty lackluster i'd say - even if boomkins weren't in severe need of ST buffs(which is not the case). And our hyped up SotA legendary - don't perform better for AOE than our standard - LatC+OI/IFE combos. I'd like to hear an opinion of people, who said that - "on PTR we're already in a good spot" a few weeks ago.

So I'm done fiddling with Boomkin. This is the best I can get with the ilvl i was using for the other specs as well.
    This is with using OI, IFE, 2 T19 (925 ilvl), 4 T20, Owl and Whispers (925 ilvl) and Slippys ToS BiS list.

Deleted
    So I'm done fiddling with Boomkin. This is the best I can get with the ilvl i was using for the other specs as well.
    This is with using OI, IFE, 2 T19 (925 ilvl), 4 T20, Owl and Whispers (925 ilvl) and Slippys ToS BiS list.

So the gap is still some 10-15%? How nice. Interesting.

it's gonna be demo/aff=frost>hunter>>>rest
    That's how it looks like right now. I thought Gapezilla said that outliers were going to be addressed. I guess not.

Hey atleast we have specc beneath us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    That's how it looks like right now. I thought Gapezilla said that outliers were going to be addressed. I guess not.
    Doubt it, Boomkin, ele and fire are likely always going to be bottom because they have strong AOE (even if it's nowhere near as significant in raids in my mind), that just seems to be how blizzard wants to balance it. SP likely gonna be trash tier for the rest of the expansion because of the STM failure in EN/ToV.

Doubt it, Boomkin, ele and fire are likely always going to be bottom because they have strong AOE (even if it's nowhere near as significant in raids in my mind), that just seems to be how blizzard wants to balance it. SP likely gonna be trash tier for the rest of the expansion because of the STM failure in EN/ToV.
    Well, MM, Demo and Frost are rather extreme outliers compared to the rest. Outside of those three, the balance between specs is actually pretty close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, MM, Demo and Frost are rather extreme outliers compared to the rest. Outside of those three, the balance between specs is actually pretty close.
    I don't disagree, but I it seems to me like blizzard wants this, considering it has been the case for a few months now and aint changing with the patch.

Don't worry balancing is coming today right?
    right?

So how about our tier.

remember how a bunch of people were so excited about our 11% and our tier being so powerful?

can this possibly be correct? Might be part of the problem with those sims...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...SWRLyc/pubhtml

T20 2p / T20 2+4p

Mage
    Fire 1.60% 5%
    Frost 5.80% 9.40%
    Arcane 3% 3.80%

Demon Hunter
    Arcane 3% 3.80%
    Havoc 2.90% 7.70%

Druid
    Feral 3.70% 13.80%
    Balance 2.60% 5.10%