Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I'm just saying that openly being anti Russian is widely accepted on our streets, we have millions of Russian americans here in this country. Why is no one standing up for them?
    I don´t think most people are anti-russian as such. More anti Putin and his band of gangsters. Russian media propaganda also seems extremely effective on the natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Nonsense. Entire generations of US could citizens have grown up thinking "US good" "Soviets/Russia bad". It's literally ingrained in the culture. You can see it nearly endlessly portrayed in US media, films, video games etc

To think it has no impact is naive
    Good idea, except the thing that 10 years ago this was not important for some reason. I wonder why...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Good idea, except the thing that 10 years ago this was not important for some reason. I wonder why...
    Because you were 10 years younger and didn't care about it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I can't say I've ever met or even heard of anyone who hates Russian people. There are a lot of people who hate The Russian Federation because it's a totalitarian regime that rose from the ashes of the equally awful Soviet Union that rose from the ashes of the even more awful Russian Empire, it violently oppresses its population and has been hostile towards the West for pretty much all of modern history.

Most people who immigrate from Russia do it because it's a generally horrible country.

For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    If every news that you hear about Russia is pretty much negative, having negative comments about it isn't Russophobia, it's called "commenting on news about Russia". Unless you somehow want to spin Ukraine into a humanitarian story... or persecuting gays as saintly? What about those hacks on foreign elections? Cyber attacks in other countries? And so on and so forth...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well, why would I give a shit about any other administration? There's only one administration in power right now.
    That's what I thought, as if it's the first in history.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    Because no one (other than their smaller neighbors) is truly afraid of Russia. It's more that we're annoyed at how Putin & Co. are flailing about as Russia continues its demographic and economic decline.

I'd love for the average Russian to say to themselves and their neighbors: " I've had enough of this totalitarian garbage. Russia has a lot to offer as a good neighbor to Europe. We're going to need democracy and the rule of law first. Not just the appearance of such."

I write that because I have consistently maintained that a Russian democracy (true democracy) that respects the rule of law, personal liberties, and that gives up the idea of a Russian land empire in Eurasia (Russian empire, USSR, Russian federation; take your pick) can be enormously influential and helpful in the liberal democratic West.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-06-13 at 09:47 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I write that because I have consistently maintained that a Russian democracy (true democracy) that respects the rule of law, personal liberties, and that gives up the idea of a Russian land empire in Eurasia (Russian empire, USSR, Russian federation; take your pick) can be enormously influential and helpful in the liberal democratic West.
    Yeah, and US that supported Paris Agreement and wouldn't be bombing "brown people" every few years would also be enormously helpful in the liberal democratic West.

But we have what we have. World isn't perfect. You aren't going to change it by condemning existing order; because listening and acting upon those condemnations requires other benefits, and those benefits are dwindling fast.

We would be lucky to keep whatever "freedoms" we already got (both West and Russia)... but more likely some will be lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's not actually a thing. Nobody is talking about banning them or circumventing their basic human rights out fear or penalizing all Russians as a way to target a race.

All people who are critical of the Russian "Governmant" are doing is trying to hold Trump accountable because he openly asked for them to interfere with our elections.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Because you were 10 years younger and didn't care about it?
    Funny. I live on the border of the great eastern neighbor and trust me, we did not care as much and they were far more resonable. Que Georgia, ongoing rearmament and posturing, then Ukraine and the sudden surprise that world is against them. However, it does not make it "russophobic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the left seems to hate that Russia is no longer Bolshevik communists has been my only guess. Also certain factions seem to really want America and Russia to go to war over anything at all. Why?!? Because of the untold trillions in resources over the land? Pit whites vs whites to weaken the race further? Fear of Russia damaging the petrodollar if they aren't sanctioned to hell??? Who knows but it seems there are factions wanting it to happen for various reasons.
    Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2017-06-14 at 12:17 AM.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    No russophobia means hatred of Russians, not fear of Russians. I like Russian people, not the gopniks of course.
    Phobia = fear of

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Because the left seems to hate that Russia is no longer Bolshevik communists has been my only guess. Also certain factions seem to really want America and Russia to go to war over anything at all. Why?!? Because of the untold trillions in resources over the land? Pit whites vs whites to weaken the race further? Fear of Russia damaging the petrodollar if they aren't sanctioned to hell??? Who knows but it seems there are factions wanting it to happen for various reasons.
    That is one laughable strawman of the entire leftwing. Also who makes an account on a world of warcraft board just to spread autism like this.

There is, obviously, a difference between hating Russian people because of their nationality and hating Putin's regime.

Many Russians hate Putin's regime. Some of them haven't even been jailed for it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is, obviously, a difference between hating Russian people because of their nationality and hating Putin's regime.

Many Russians hate Putin's regime. Some of them haven't even been jailed for it yet.
    Vlad is taking steps to remedy that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm almost 36 years old and this very minute is the first I've ever heard that term? Are we just making things up as we go along so we can point our fingers at them and become SJWs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account

How many is many exactly? a thousand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because I'm almost 36 years old and this very minute is the first I've ever heard that term? Are we just making things up as we go along so we can point our fingers at them and become SJWs?
    Russophobia, a.k.a. The Red Scare, a.k.a. McCarthynism, a.k.a. The Ruskies Are Coming. Are you sure you haven't heard any of that?
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2017-06-14 at 12:01 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How many is many exactly? a thousand?
    More than one, by a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than one, by a bunch.
    What is this factor of bunch exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If every news that you hear about Russia is pretty much negative, having negative comments about it isn't Russophobia, it's called "commenting on news about Russia". Unless you somehow want to spin Ukraine into a humanitarian story... or persecuting gays as saintly? What about those hacks on foreign elections? Cyber attacks in other countries? And so on and so forth...
    And all those atrocities and agression against Third Reich and all things civilized that left peaceful and democratic leader Adolf Hitler with no choice but to fight... What? It was the official reasoning from German media in 1940s. An enlightened, educated, European point of view.