Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My main is a BM hunter. I quit a month ago. BM is so boring this expansion. There was no fun.

"I met one person today who treated me like crap. Therefore, that player represents every player of that class."

Hi OP. I play BM, and I enjoy the hell out of it. I don't berate people for their ilvl or the class they choose to play. I also don't engage in wPVP nor duel people. As you just met me, you can now say "I met the typical BM hunter today. And nothing else happened."
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    "I met one person today who treated me like crap. Therefore, that player represents every player of that class."

Hi OP. I play BM, and I enjoy the hell out of it. I don't berate people for their ilvl or the class they choose to play. I also don't engage in wPVP nor duel people. As you just met me, you can now say "I met the typical BM hunter today. And nothing else happened."
    Then clearly you must be a fraud!

/s

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Don't blame the class, blame the people that play it. I've met loads of amazing people that play Hunters (I play one myself) and most of us don't care about what you play/how you play/your gear/etc
    You can blame the spec.

There's a reason why the most retarded players in-game gravitate towards the most braindead spec and create a stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    You can blame the spec.

There's a reason why the most retarded players in-game gravitate towards the most braindead spec and create a stereotype.
    Honestly, this happens with every class, every spec, every new patch release. They're called FoTM characters for a reason. When the expansion was first released every hunter either went with survival (cool, hunters are now MELEE!) or MM because it was so OP. Then Nighthold comes out, BM gets buffed, BM gets amazing legendaries and MM gets nerfed and now people will gravitate towards that. It's no different than when DKs were faceroll easy to plan and broken af during Wrath. Or ROFLRet Paladins being amazing at everything during Wrath (admittedly, I do miss those days)!

There will always be that player base, and honestly that's fine. OP, sadly I'm surprised you haven't run into this before...too much of the time people just suck...especially when you're hiding behind a keyboard!

You won't get that kind of behavior from this BM Hunter though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    Honestly, this happens with every class, every spec, every new patch release. They're called FoTM characters for a reason. When the expansion was first released every hunter either went with survival (cool, hunters are now MELEE!) or MM because it was so OP. Then Nighthold comes out, BM gets buffed, BM gets amazing legendaries and MM gets nerfed and now people will gravitate towards that. It's no different than when DKs were faceroll easy to plan and broken af during Wrath. Or ROFLRet Paladins being amazing at everything during Wrath (admittedly, I do miss those days)!

There will always be that player base, and honestly that's fine. OP, sadly I'm surprised you haven't run into this before...too much of the time people just suck...especially when you're hiding behind a keyboard!

You won't get that kind of behavior from this BM Hunter though!
    If there was a "like" button I'd like your post. spot-on!

They made BM the easiest spec of the game in Legion. So it is now a perfect choice for most facepalm players.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    They made BM the easiest spec of the game in Legion. So it is now a perfect choice for most facepalm players.
    At least it's competing with Demon Hunter for that spot.

First mistake - the idiot BM hunter's concern about I-lvl. Unless someone possesses greater than 30 I-lvls on you in instanced Pvp, it's not a significant advantage or disadvantage. Even a 50 pt I-lvl in instanced Pvp is a fair argument about the advantages or disadvantages. The real indicator is how much AP do they have. Do they have all 4 of the new 7.2 traits? Do they have the 4th pt in all the previous 3 pt slots? Do they have the 1st pt of Concordance or more than 1 pt?

Second mistake - dueling the idiot when duels are not on the pvp template. He probably possesses a huge edge over you in AP traits alone, add in at least 20-30 I-lvls (where gear matters) and maybe even an edge with extra legendary. The truth is - best case scenario, you win 1 out of 10 - you exceeded that which is more a testament to his lack of skill than your skill. But obviously, you do possess skill and experience and that does help.

Third mistake - I don't think this is a BM Hunter thing. Granted up and until recently, things came pretty easy to most BM Hunters. Basically they can hide behind a pillar out of harm's way and let the pets do the heavy lifting. They've been nerfed a fair amount over the past couple of months and obviously this BM Hunter isn't very skilled or experienced, hence the 1550 rating.

A player can make all the excuses they want why they're not north of 2k in rating, some of them could be very reasonable. Given how arena is a team sport and you need to be surrounded by good players who are dedicated to improving and able and willing to show up and play. it's possible that finding dedicated skilled players is tough. But if you call out other players, you better have the moxy and/or Xp with rating to back it up and he most definitely did not.

Usually the most elitist players have horrible arena achievements. There's no excuse for abusive elitism but if you're going to do it in any capacity whether it's raiding or arena then you should have some decent achieves like 2400+ pre-wod to back it up.

Deleted
    that guy was obv taking the BM in BM hunter too serious.

This thread is a good case of how narrowminded and prejudiced people can be, I've personally got 9 different characters, 5 at max level including a hunter, according to the OP I'm a dick when I play my hunter, but I guess I must be pretty awesome when I play on my Druid?

GJ judging a person by the character he plays, I'm sure he'll be entirely different when he plays a rogue