Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Spec only players are something I dont really get. Most players I know for years, who like their class, they like every spec to some degree. And if you like the class and are able to get the time/gear you need for multiple specs there is a valid question which spec to play when the performance delta is big enough.

Since I like the class, I usually consider much more practical aspects, like how easy is the spec to play in this current content and is the performance delta enough to justify my choice. The DPS difference and the skillcap/practicality for each spec matters a bit more for me unlike weapon or spellanimations from each spec.

Thats why enjoy most spec vs spec discussions, because I allready choose the "fun" class for me.
    -

Will Machine Gun be viable with the changes to Frostscythe in regards to Thronebreaker and Rime?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Will Machine Gun be viable with the changes to Frostscythe in regards to Thronebreaker and Rime?
    No. Not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I think at best the changes to frost scythe make it the "go to" or at least a great alternative for M+ instead of gathering storm.

my dps as frost has gone all the way to the ground... lost +- 200k dps on burst (1.5-2m) and 95k dps sustained

ilvl 915 using bracer + ring

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    my dps as frost has gone all the way to the ground... lost +- 200k dps on burst (1.5-2m) and 95k dps sustained

try diff legendaries and talents. plus these changes are for the new raid content. with higher ilvl, diff gear and trinks stuff changes.

Deleted

Perhaps ir is only 94k? :>

How is anyone supposed to measure dps in a spec with so much RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Yeah a good comparison for myself with you mentioning your Frost stuff. I played Clawing Shadows since Legion launch. Many high high parses, even without bracers, and yet it was "utter trash" if ever mentioned. /shrug
    Bullshit.

You, compared to all DK, not only unholy:

Me, compared to all DK:

And I'm pretty mediocre player.

Is a good thing I've always been on one server nor do you realize what months old parses mean
    Nor actually, were you even following the conversation if you link that

Not really constructive at all here are you

Frost DK tier nerfed =((((

Frost tier nerfed again ... is this some kind of joke? No point in doing ANOTHER DAMN NERF

Frost tier nerfed again ... is this some kind of joke? No point in doing ANOTHER DAMN NERF
    it's not a nerf, it's balancing..../sarcasm. It drops potential from 31ish seconds to 25/26 seconds....cause you know 5/6 seconds extra is clearly overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    it's not a nerf, it's balancing..../sarcasm. It drops potential from 31ish seconds to 25/26 seconds....cause you know 5/6 seconds extra is clearly overpowered.
    yeah and those 5/6s gonna cost us like 30-40k dps at least... they nerf us in every single patch or hotfix its absurd

Deleted
    So no reports from US servers about our performance after the patch; Its pretty silent from both the unholy and the frost side. Unless i missed the posts...
    Last edited by mmoc21b9eae572; 2017-06-14 at 05:07 AM.

Urgh, frost 2p t20 ate another nerf.. so the extension is now down to what? 5-8 secs? Kinda sad.. it's almost as if they wanted us to play unholy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Urgh, frost 2p t20 ate another nerf.. so the extension is now down to what? 5-8 secs? Kinda sad.. it's almost as if they wanted us to play unholy
    Frost set bonus was 12% dps increase when 7-10% is more usual. Frost set bonus is still fine, a nerf was ecpected. I gained 60k dps by switching t19->t20....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    So no reports from US servers about our performance after the patch; Its pretty silent from both the unholy and the frost side. Unless i missed the posts...
    Actually it is a good sign.

The first log i randomly picked was this one:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

So maybe it is quiet because sky isnt falling?

Deleted
    Purely anecdotal but if you don't have the shoulders Sr seems better than da. At least from my testing in a quick hc clear last night.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeclone View Post
    Both specs are about the same right now in current tier gear. You're going to have to wait until Tombs is out and final changes are made to see if blizzard decides to "rebalance".

I think I dropped by about 90k tonight as Frost on Gul'dan, but that could have been because of other reasons.

If you look at top dk logs, Unholy is only doing good because of the DA build, which I don't think would last very long because it seems a little bit goofy. Maybe for ST fights it would be good though. Judging by the fact that some other UH builds made it to the top, there could be many different viable top damage builds.
    I pray that DA won't be only viable build, because IMO it's so boring to build your rotation around one skill (just like frosts do with BoS)

I really like what im seeing from Unholy

Castigator is being used again
    Unholy Frenzy is being used
    Clawing shadows is being used

Shadow Infusion is being used
    Necrosis is being used
    Infected Claws is being used

Dark Arbiter is being used
    Soul Reaper is being used

now this is mainly due to legendary availability but still nice thats its not all just pick X-X-X-X-X-X

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran Unholy for a while on Mythic Gul'dan yesterday. It did surprisingly well, despite me not being optimized for it. Used KJBW+Uvanimor, was staying at 950k-1.1 mil DPS until near p3. Used the DA build. I really look forward to going full Unholy again in ToS.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest