Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Doubtful the queue times would go up as LFR is and would remain the most popular raid type. Though if you went that route you'd have to make it work that way for other difficulties as well.
    Most popular, sure, but most of the tanks and healers I see are geared well above LFR, and they're the ones that bottleneck queue times far more than 870 DPS that stand in the fire. I'm not saying the queues will triple, but it will have a noticeable effect, and it will make LFR harder.

Locking anyone to one difficulty is a bad idea. Let people run what they will; only the most tryhard amongst tryhards will consider that they ''have'' to run more than two difficulties, especially now that AP has such a bad return on time investment part the first few Concordance levels.

Oh, and it would also mean Normal+ raiders cannot obtain Augment Runes directly, a fairly important raid consumable. That's not good either.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As you're in a guild that runs Mythic, you running Heroic with them is a carry, yes.

Doubtful the queue times would go up as LFR is and would remain the most popular raid type. Though if you went that route you'd have to make it work that way for other difficulties as well.
    So you can confirm that is Jaylocks main character? How do you know it's not an alt when he has stated multiple times he has alts?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yes but if they told me,

hey you dont have to train again, but you can still play football and if you give it your all you'll get better just as fast

i wouldnt say no
    But that's not what's happening here. They're just taking something away, not replacing it with something you'll enjoy more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    It's almost as if more than one demographic plays an mmo and this is a documented phenomenon.
    No shit, and they finally decided to give casuals something to do outside of raids without worrying about the tiny tiny minority of players that need to be protected from themselves.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You're still forced to run LFR for Legendary bad luck %

So losing out on extra AP tokens is not a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you can confirm that is Jaylocks main character? How do you know it's not an alt when he has stated multiple times he has alts?
    Exactly this.

Just because I choose to display the alt im currently playing doesn't mean I am bored and have my main just sitting there full 10/10 mythic waiting for Tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Then nobody but people who exclusively do LFR will queue for it, queue times will spike and without the decent players to hold their hands LFR only players might crash and burn on even the simple mechanics found there. This is not a good solution at all.
    They will for the other rewards if they are appropriate.
    LFR should not be attractive if you have the option of others.
    Reducing the rewards for those that do not have that choice is not the right way to go about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post

So losing out on extra AP tokens is not a good thing.
    Proving the point I said.
    That isn't fixing the problem.
    It is simply punishing the wrong players.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-14 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    But that's not what's happening here. They're just taking something away, not replacing it with something you'll enjoy more.
    which is exactly what i said in my analogy
    take training away, keep playing football = take LFR away, keep raiding mythic

Deleted
    I go to LFR to feel better about myself, so this doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    And on my main I have 11 legendaries and almost never run LFR. What have I been doing wrong?!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Every time Jay makes a thread I know three things: 1) people will comment over and over on how stupid it is, 2) mods won't close it despite outwardly admitting they know he just shitposts, and 3) you'll be right on his heels arguing with anyone who says anything bad about him.

As for OT, who cares? If you felt you "needed" to go to LFR for AP as a raider, you're just fucking dumb. There's no way around it. They've specifically created a system that does not reward grinding. It's also dumb because people will still feel "forced" to do LFR for legendaries.

Personally I'd prefer it if LFR had two gear boundaries: a minimum and a maximum. I'm a 906 tank but I get really fucking tired of the elite badasses slumming it in LFR and talking about how everyone else is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And on my main I have 11 legendaries and almost never run LFR. What have I been doing wrong?!
    Well, you see, you could have 12+ if you spammed LFR!
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Exactly this.

Just because I choose to display the alt im currently playing doesn't mean I am bored and have my main just sitting there full 10/10 mythic waiting for Tomb.
    You guys realize if you had Cutting Edge Gul'dan on ANY character or any raid achievements you'd be able to view it on your alt's armory also right? You didn't even get your Curve until April. So carried. If you're going to tell porkies about your raid progress that's fine but you probably don't want to have an armory link that discredits you while you do that.

LFR already felt like a waste of time but I wanted the chance at a legendary. Probably now not worth my time unless I'm absolutely bored out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People who commit to Mythic raids know what they're in for. Stop whining.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. Legion has been the first expansion in a long time that has required a good amount of playtime outside of raiding. Warlords was far too easy, so that's a bad example, but Wrath, Cata, MoP were all substantially easier to raid in (at the highest difficulty).

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you feel about the change made in patch 7.2.5 where LFR no longer drops AP tokens, but rather gives one AP token at the end of the wing?

My Opinion:

Personally its a relief.

As someone who raids heroic+, i'd rather not be forced to go into LFR to maximize my AP gains for the week.
    The reason for going to LFR is still there. Its just at the end, not per boss.

So if the purpose was to maximize AP gains... wouldn't you still have to do it?

Like when raiders felt forced to run mythic+ in order to be up to "tune" for mythic nighthold, since the raid was tuned around everyone in raid being at max AP before 7.2 hit. You mean that kind of forced?
    Bads are gonna do bad things to themselves to try and compensate for their deficiencies, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. Legion has been the first expansion in a long time that has required a good amount of playtime outside of raiding. Warlords was far too easy, so that's a bad example, but Wrath, Cata, MoP were all substantially easier to raid in (at the highest difficulty).
    You had valor capping, reputation farming for enchants, lfr awarded tier set (and so did valor vendor), and actually you raided way more cause 10 man had bis and people.non stop.bitched about that. I mean i would have been okay if they left item upgradres in game and tier pieces on a vendor but nooooooo had to gut that.

Well i say too bad so sad. Legion is the best expansion.since wotlk and its precisely because of AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You had valor capping, reputation farming for enchants, lfr awarded tier set (and so did valor vendor), and actually you raided way more cause 10 man had bis and people.non stop.bitched about that. I mean i would have been okay if they left item upgradres in game and tier pieces on a vendor but nooooooo had to gut that.

Well i say too bad so sad. Legion is the best expansion.since wotlk and its precisely because of AP.
    Yeah I forgot about dual difficulties in Wrath. I'll agree at that point maybe it was equally as bad. After that though no. The grind to 54 traits initially was pretty awful imo.