This is a nightmare

25 sec CD
    2 min CD
    1:30 CD (reduced by CoF and relics, potentially as low as ~40 sec)
    45 sec CD (reduced to ~33)

What a mess. This is like the opposite of an "elegant" design, WoW devs. Sure, we'll figure out a way to make it work, we always do, but it's not a satisfying spec to play right now.

- - - Updated - - -

So the playstyle used to be SoT clipping with Envenom - even though you were wasting Envenom uptime, it didn't matter, as the most important goal was to get huge Envenom hits in.

Now, I'm wondering if Envenom uptime isn't more important than SoT clipping - you want to reduce that KB as short as close to 30 as possible so TB isn't waiting for it as long.

The thing is, good Envenom uptime is constantly at odds with trying to pool energy and use it during burst windows. The natural rhythm of the spec is to pool for a while, refresh your bleeds, pool again, and then go ham with all the CDs you have, dumping all your energy. But that results in long period of Envenom downtime, which is at odds with what I stated above.

My gut says that DP will proc enough to get a ~33sec KB even without Envenom, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Idk, I personally love the talent. Feels a lot more like a poison talent than Ap tbh. My numbers were higher overall in my guild's heroic run, but our server just crashed after we killed Krosus. I think the only thing that should be changed about Toxic blade is that it should be a buff on the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Idk, I personally love the talent. Feels a lot more like a poison talent than Ap tbh. My numbers were higher overall in my guild's heroic run, but our server just crashed after we killed Krosus. I think the only thing that should be changed about Toxic blade is that it should be a buff on the rogue.
    Yeah I agree with you about the buff being on the Rogue. Was discussing this in discord as well with guildmates. Would be nice for Aoeing.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755777475

So they're switching the 2p and 4p AGAIN? I'm honestly lost at this point, can't remember which one is which at this point.

[QUOTE=Shadowslim;46092789]Don't get me wrong, I also think that. The thing is that on discord almost everyone say that Holding TB for KB is retarded. I still don't know how to really properly handle TB but I look forward to learn it.
    /QUOTE]

FWIW, Neverrz is recommending holding TB for KB in his wowhead guide. tbh, kb's cd seems to line up with tb's fairly closely most of the time due to sinister circulation, so i'm not sure it's even gonna be a big deal to hold tb back for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post

So they're switching the 2p and 4p AGAIN? I'm honestly lost at this point, can't remember which one is which at this point.
    Well, the good news is that blizz reverted the nerf on the garrote damage part, sooo... that's good I guess?

The important thing here is that garotte's damage is back up to 60%. And that's a good thing.

edit:

damn, Varolyn beat me to it. lol
    Last edited by Blayke; 2017-06-14 at 02:05 AM. Reason: too slow on the draw

So those 3 amazing Vendetta relics I got throughout Nighthold are seeming more and more useless. Assuming TB+KB every ~31-33 seconds is the correct playstyle, there's no point in having a ~40 second Vendetta.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings

Spec feels really fluent with bracers, boots were insanely spammy

Deleted
    So those 3 amazing Vendetta relics I got throughout Nighthold are seeming more and more useless. Assuming TB+KB every ~3131-33 seconds is the correct playstyle, there's no point in having a ~40 second Vendetta.
    Yo, thats why you are going to replace them in the latter content. I reckon 3 x Master Alchemist will be the way to go. I already swapped out my 2nd MA for a 925er SE, when i got it.

Deleted
    If CDs were designed to always be used together, why were not they merged into a single one for "quality of life" reason ?
    No, we are having several different CDs, they were designed to avoid being used together. Maybe this force us to make choices : which of my CDs should I use at which moment in the fight ? Should I pay with a little dps loss to combine two or three of them to burn a specially dangerous target ? To me this is good design, it makes sense and force people to deeper understand the fight dynamycs.
    In the past, I was very often very harsh with Blizzard about the rogue design. Today, I do think they are making a very good job with the Assassination rogue design.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2017-06-14 at 06:28 AM.

Ugh, toxic blade plays nauseatingly bad.

If Alacrity doesn't sim more than 50k less, I'll play that.

Seriously, most class devs should be fired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    If CDs were designed to always be used together, why were not they merged into a single one for "quality of life" reason ?
    No, we are having several different CDs, they were designed to avoid being used together. Maybe this force us to make choices : which of my CDs should I use at which moment in the fight ? Should I pay with a little dps loss to combine two or three of them to burn a specially dangerous target ? To me this is good design, it makes sense and force people to deeper understand the fight dynamycs.
    In the past, I was very often very harsh with Blizzard about the rogue design. Today, I do think they are making a very good job with the Assassination rogue design.
    I think that it's making the spec too complex, but that's just me. I remember when it was:
    -keep Rupture up,
    -try to keep Envenom buff as long as possible,
    - keep up Garrote,
    -use Vendetta on CD,

Not saying it's a bad thing, though I think it's overcomplicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how does our rotation look like now? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    So how does our rotation look like now? :/
    Ideally u want u high cof alongside 3 high ma's with boots to make everything sync.

Imo the max dps is achieved by syncing vendetta and kb as on live, pooling for kb, holding tb for when there is 8 second left and combining vendetta with tb.

This is an absolute mess, and if sin was a gear-sensitive tunnelspec before, it's even more so now.

I'm most likely rolling sub because i cba with this ...715 sin was the dream, this is just too messy and completely dependant on having 3 ma relic of which only 1 drops in tos.

If u dont do this, u are going to be energy starved all the time and feel bad avout not getting enough from ur dps windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrex View Post
    Ideally u want u high cof alongside 3 high ma's with boots to make everything sync.

Imo the max dps is achieved by syncing vendetta and kb as on live, pooling for kb, holding tb for when there is 8 second left and combining vendetta with tb.

This is an absolute mess, and if sin was a gear-sensitive tunnelspec before, it's even more so now.

I'm most likely rolling sub because i cba with this ...715 sin was the dream, this is just too messy and completely dependant on having 3 ma relic of which only 1 drops in tos.

If u dont do this, u are going to be energy starved all the time and feel bad avout not getting enough from ur dps windows.
    I've already read way different things on discord. For example bracers+shoulders with 3MA trinkets and vendetta every other KB :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    I've already read way different things on discord. For example bracers+shoulders with 3MA trinkets and vendetta every other KB :-)
    3ma trinkets?

If u are missing 1 ma, trinket or do not have boots, what i stated wont b viable, and tbh, wont be possible to 95% of the rogues.

Then it is indeed of how the best line up vendetta with every other kb, but the max dps, imo, is from what i stated ...our golden is absolute shit.

Yea, 4 seconds on that last MA is gonna make ALL the difference.

Edit: Just saying. Don't give out information you're not entirely sure of or have back of.

The rogue discord is all over the place and people testing different shit. Just wait for official guides to be out, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrex View Post
    ... 3 ma relic of which only 1 drops in tos. ...
    There is another blood MA from ToS which wasn't on live Dungeon Journal 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    Just wait for official guides to be out, imo.
    What official guides are you taking about? Do you think Stjern is hired by Blizzard to write rogue guides? No, he's on Discord discussing new rotations like the rest of us.