Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostFoot View Post
    Hey Babs, this idea was tossed around in the discord so I posted it in the forums for the hell of it and I'm curious what you think.

"Teachings of the Monastery" - Tiger Palm causes your next Blackout Kick to strike an additional time, stacking up to 3.

What if this gets baked into not just MW but also WW.

It's a fluid passive that subtly increases our damage and interacts with 2 of our weakest spells so it isn't at risk of being too strong (though would that be a problem at this point?), and it already exists in game from our sister spec. Have BoK stacks not break Hit Combo or our mastery - name them opportunity kicks or something, like tornado kicks in functionality - they could each trigger transfer of power, softly strengthening FoF. Have free BoK procs trigger a free triple stacked BoK instead, giving a little more weight to a mostly in-the-way proc.
    Thats actually a surprisingly balanced change and would amount to around 10% more single target damage (based on a quick go through my spreadsheet) without effecting AOE. It would add some small flavor at times without being crazy.

I'll see about trying to pass it on.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

But one downside could be that this if buff would be to good on the WW, it could force us to use "unintensional" ways to try to gain more than 1 stack of the buff. Sure it would be a nice passiv to have if we just continue having the "rotation" we have atm

Unintentional ways like tp, chi wave, tp, fsk, tp, bok? Totally intentional and we should totally be rewarded for our combo effort. Personally I always envisaged a combo mastery to function more like a Soul Calibre game. Basically the class has a set of possible combos and when you execute your abilities in a certain way the combo ability triggers.

For simplicity let's say in all cases the combo ability was FoF.
    To trigger FoF you have these combos (obviously there would be more, as well as different talents and core abilities
    Tp, tp, RSK, bok, chi wave/burst
    Tp, bok, bok, tp, tp, sck

Mastery would only buff FoF which would also make you immune to most CCs, snares/roots and stuns whilst channelling. Basically FoF would really love up to its name when executed.

Blizzard stated they are aware some classes/specs still undertuned. I get the feeling we are part of that group. I suppose having the small player base would be felt even greater when it comes to ptr which could mean insufficient ptr data exists for WW to tune us appropriately during that phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    But one downside could be that this if buff would be to good on the WW, it could force us to use "unintensional" ways to try to gain more than 1 stack of the buff. Sure it would be a nice passiv to have if we just continue having the "rotation" we have atm
    You're going to have to elaborate on these unintentional ways, as so far, BoK is already resigned to the least best chi spender to press, and we're often using it to avoid capping or because everything is already on CD. Both tier sets so far emphasize this, so having a way to buff the ones we DO hit, seems pretty solid. A triple BoK is just under a RSK, so it never out prioritizes our current rotation. I think it's a pretty cool idea, one many monks that've tried MW are already familiar with.

Also, thanks Babs, hope it goes through.

remmember a 3 stack monestary = 4 BoK

I just feel like the rotation/prio list might get wierd/clunky this monestary buff on WW are so powerfull that we try to get it to 3 stacks as main prio.

The thought i like very much, and done well it can be an amazing way for WW to feel a little more fun in ST

Deleted
    I knew they gonna buff us somehow, we were bad and actually were about to get worse, but thats a nice to see:
    Windwalker
    Blackout Kick damage increased by 8%.
    Rising Sun Kick damage increased by 8%.
    Tiger Palm damage increased by 8%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem terribly substantial but it's something.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless my brain math fails me thats...3-4% overall?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Doesn't seem terribly substantial but it's something.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless my brain math fails me thats...3-4% overall?
    4% might be pushing it. Seems more like 2-3%. It's something, but barely noticeable.

Off Topic: This meme of a class is so meme that even our meme board here on MMO Champ doesn't even have a mod from what I can see... Everyone hates monks confirmed.

OT: How's the tier bonus "buff" look? Is it going to make a difference?

Deleted
    Rising Sun Kick is going to really hurt. Otherwise they would have been better off buffing tiger palm and blackout Kick alone, with tiger palm getting a substantial buff rather then a small one.
    Whatever, first tuning round, lets see what comes next.

The reason they don't buff BOK and TP substantially is they want to avoid MoP era game play where FoF was used only when a number of conditions were met. I am surprised that Blizzard didn't think more long-term and make FoF something like 100% main target/75% other targets (not meteor-esque damage splitting like WoD era or current SotWL). This would have tapered in our AoE/cleave whilst FoF still feeling substantial in ST. Without TTP stacks FoF is dangerously close to BoK from the numbers I've seen.

So is tornado kicks actually work with t20?

Deleted
    Well, so on Trilliax WW is 500k dps behind Frostmages. gonna need more of those 2% buffs to get it out of the ST bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Viffy View Post
    So is tornado kicks actually work with t20?
    yes 10 chars

We got some buffs?? ������

Running through early logs it seems like the same classes are up top. Did a full mythic clear and post hotfix im seeing our ST is the same (net gain 0) and our ae took a bit of a hit.

Where does this leave us? Right near the bottom same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    Running through early logs it seems like the same classes are up top. Did a full mythic clear and post hotfix im seeing our ST is the same (net gain 0) and our ae took a bit of a hit.

Where does this leave us? Right near the bottom same as before.
    Everyone is still using T19 gear when this patch and balancing is built around ToS T20. Looking at the initial sims from Babs stream last night we are still towards the bottom but definitely went above a few classes. However, sims are still to early to tell since I don't know if the other classes (and even our own) are fully up to date and bug free.

Also for me personally, when I got to DPS (I'm backup tank and had to tank most of the night), I did feel like my ST was better.

Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    Everyone is still using T19 gear when this patch and balancing is built around ToS T20.
    Hasn't Windwalker the same scaling issues as Mistweaver? If so it can't get better in comparison but it only will get worse due to the scaling.

I honestly don't even care if we're bottom DPS. The nature of making lists is that *someone* has to be bottom. All I want is for us to be viable. No class should be in a spot where you're going to bench them for another class, balance should put it so that, over the course of the entire raid, it is more about player skill than which class you are. Talent diversity on the Hit Combo row would be nice too.

I'm finding SEF clones bugging on Maw of Souls Helya tentacles a lot more since patch, basically they don't attack unless your focus target them. Anyone having a similar experience? I've also noticed it in other occasions but it was pretty glaring on Maw Helya