Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    If you enter someone's home, you forfeit your life right there. Should be legal to kill them. Letting them go only leaves the threat alive.
    Roughly translated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat
    "Hey guys, thanks for coming to my dinner party. I sure hope you can handle your arsenic."

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    Roughly translated:
    How did you come to that translation, again? Are you speaking in super left-wing, ultra-liberal, bleeding heart, "murder my whole family because I'm not a man, I'm a pussy" language? Tell how you came to this brilliant translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    How did you come to that translation, again? Are you speaking in super left-wing, ultra-liberal, bleeding heart, "murder my whole family because I'm not a man, I'm a pussy" language? Tell how you came to this brilliant translation.
    Are you trying to satirize this by playing the exact opposite? or are you really that macho? is it just not worth posting if you can't come out strongly for or against something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Basically, someone or few people armed with any weapons invade your home at midnight, and you whip out a shotgun to get the jump on them. Assuming you haven't killed them on the spot and force them to relinquish their weapons and get on their knees, should it REALLY be considered a crime to kill them in these instances?

I've read on stories where these scenarios did happen (the execute part) and, while the person that killed his assailants don't really ever get crazy punishments, they still go to jail for a time. Like, why?
    Yes, in this situation it would be murder. This is not protected under any self defense law, or stand your ground law. That said, how would it be proven that you didn't fire right away?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Threat is over at that point so yes.
    This. If you have the robber pinned down or in a position of submission, you should then call the cops and keep him/her there until the cops show up. It's only if the robber is fighting with lethal force that lethal force should be necessary to respond with - on the other hand, there are definitely situations in which firing first is also within rights. But if you have them submitted, executing them will just get you in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Executing someone who isn't currently a threat is murder. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Are you trying to satirize this by playing the exact opposite? or are you really that macho? is it just not worth posting if you can't come out strongly for or against something?
    When you grow up, get a family, and someone breaks into your home and tries to steal or do harm to your children, remind me how you make out and if you behaved in a "politically correct" manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yes, in this situation it would be murder. This is not protected under any self defense law, or stand your ground law. That said, how would it be proven that you didn't fire right away?
    So your location is "realville," right? Tell me.. in "realville," in the real world, where you are of course, do you have a family? Has anyone ever broken into your home in the middle of the night to steal, hurt, murder, rape or any other crazy shit to your children or wife?

Let me know if it would "still be murder in that situation" when you actually experience something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you grow up, get a family, and someone breaks into your home and tries to steal or do harm to your children, remind me how you make out and if you behaved in a "politically correct" manner.

- - - Updated - - -

So your location is "realville," right? Tell me.. in "realville," in the real world, where you are of course, do you have a family? Has anyone ever broken into your home in the middle of the night to steal, hurt, murder, rape or any other crazy shit to your children or wife?

Let me know if it would "still be murder in that situation" when you actually experience something like this.
    Been there, done that, twice.

Murder is murder, no matter how big a murder-boner you've got.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have me dead wrong. (no pun intended)

It would not be murder in my situation, because I would shoot them first and ask questions later. The question though, is about AFTER a situation has been created where you have the jump on them. I would never get in that situation. But for example, you can't tie a guy up, then shoot him later. That is murder. If you have the jump on them, and they get on the floor, and you shoot them in the back, you are going to jail. Do not do that.

I think you misunderstood my question or didn't bother reading it.

he is inside your home at your mercy or no he had intentions of doing something bad to you robbery or possibly worse he deserves nothing but death

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Been there, done that, twice.

Murder is murder, no matter how big a murder-boner you've got.
    No one has a murder boner. I have a "left-wing millenial children on internet boner" who have no real life experience, no families, no responsibilities, and zero understanding of how the world works.

And, forgive me, but 1.) you don't have a family + 2.) you've not been broken into twice

You can say you have, but you haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "joke" which seems to have eluded you, was that jonnus made no caveat that the persons entering the home needed to break in in order for violence against them to be justified.

Homer didn't understand either, so I guess I'm Chief Wiggum saying "Uh, it doesn't work if you invite 'em."

I think you have me dead wrong. (no pun intended)

It would not be murder in my situation, because I would shoot them first and ask questions later. The question though, is about AFTER a situation has been created where you have the jump on them. I would never get in that situation. But for example, you can't tie a guy up, then shoot him later. That is murder. If you have the jump on them, and they get on the floor, and you shoot them in the back, you are going to jail. Do not do that.
    You don't understand. A dangerous man has broken into your home, your sanctum, your space, your life, your family, to do you harm, kill, or steal from you. You don't think about anything other than eliminating the threat. No one is saying tie him up and shoot him. That's ridiculous. Things don't play out like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has a murder boner. I have a "I have left-wing millenial children on internet boner" who have no real life experience, no families, no responsibilities, and zero understanding of how the world works.

And, forgive me, but 1.) you don't have a family + 2.) you've not been broken into twice

You can say you have, but you haven't.
    Oh ho, a psychic.

Get out.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Perhaps I did, it's very late. I am a bit hostile about this subject.. but 99.99% of the people in this thread don't have a family to protect nor have ever had an intruder break in. Things don't go according to any plan. You would die for your children in a heartbeat. And you would kill for your children. Things happen when someone breaks into your sanctum, your home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The "joke" which seems to have eluded you, was that jonnus made no caveat that the persons entering the home needed to break in in order for violence against them to be justified.

Homer didn't understand either, so I guess I'm Chief Wiggum saying "Uh, it doesn't work if you invite 'em."
    Real knee-slapper.

He's trying to prove that he's the edgiest edgelord ever, so reasonable discourse is not really going to help here methinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I think executing them whilst they're on their knees might be slightly crossing the line but I still believe we should be able to kill home invaders no matter if they're a physical threat or not. Increasing the fatality risk might scare thieves away from the criminal life.

You don't understand. A dangerous man has broken into your home, your sanctum, your space, your life, your family, to do you harm, kill, or steal from you. You don't think about anything other than eliminating the threat. No one is saying tie him up and shoot him. That's ridiculous. Things don't play out like that.
    No, it is YOU who does not understand.

From the OP:

Basically, someone or few people armed with any weapons invade your home at midnight, and you whip out a shotgun to get the jump on them. Assuming you haven't killed them on the spot and force them to relinquish their weapons and get on their knees, should it REALLY be considered a crime to kill them in these instances?
    In the OP, this would be murder. I would never take these actions, as I would just shoot them straight away, with no getting on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    He's trying to prove that he's the edgiest edgelord ever, so reasonable discourse is not really going to help here methinks.
    Oh, I'm so edgy. Wait until you have a family to protect and someone breaks into your home and you're awoken and you have a 3 year old sleeping in the next room. You can throw around the latest and cutest internet terms, but everything I'm saying is spot-on. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is YOU who does not understand.

From the OP:

In the OP, this would be murder. I would never take these actions, as I would just shoot them straight away, with no getting on the ground.
    OK, well, the OP is a bit out of his mind too. I didn't catch that part. Tying someone up and shooting them is taking it too far. But shooting someone who has broken into your home while they're rummaging around or attempting to break in or any sort of scenario like that is what I was referring to.