Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its funny because i remember a time when sony did support it and people shit on xbox for not but now that the shoes on the other foot its a different tune. Sorry but regardless of how many people want it there is literally next to no reason it shouldnt be added. It will only improve experience, harbor more competativness and make a more enjoyable gaming experience.
    Sony still does support it.

Just not with the people who refused to cooperate with them in the past on it.

Last I checked SFV, FFXIV etc are still cross play games.

its funny because i remember a time when sony did support it and people shit on xbox for not but now that the shoes on the other foot its a different tune. Sorry but regardless of how many people want it there is literally next to no reason it shouldnt be added. It will only improve experience, harbor more competativness and make a more enjoyable gaming experience.
    Sony still supports it, Just not the way MS wants to do it.

There is a massive difference in the two.

Once again Sony was the first to do it ever and first to do it this gen.

- - - Updated - - -

its what the players are asking for is it not?
    How many players are asking for it? How many players give a dam? Also once again Sony wants to do it there way and MS wants to do it there way. That is why the two can't agree and Sony shouldn't cave to make MS happy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is why the two can't agree and Sony shouldn't cave to make MS happy.
    It's pretty hilarious when Sony was taking the same stance back in the 09-12 period and MS said no because the 360 had the market lead.

Now MS pot calling kettle cause Sony is literally returning the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sony still does support it.

Just not with the people who refused to cooperate with them in the past on it.

Last I checked SFV, FFXIV etc are still cross play games.
    And Dragon Quest X.

Thinking about it now, I think it might just be cooperate warfae.between Sony and Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    And Dragon Quest X.

Thinking about it now, I think it might just be cooperate warfae.between Sony and Microsoft.
    That's exactly what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty hilarious when Sony was taking the same stance back in the 09-12 period and MS said no because the 360 had the market lead.

Now MS pot calling kettle cause Sony is literally returning the favor.
    Yep.......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

its what the players are asking for is it not? Sounds like a reason to do it, but i mean unless your admitting they dont give a fuck about them. I have no problem finding players on xbox multiplayer either, but i would never turn down a larger player pool to play against regardless of what console or who was winning.
    Can you find me one forum thread on the entire internet of people clamoring for cross play between sony and microsoft that isnt for the last 3 days. Because this is the first time I've heard of people crying that sony wont play ball for microsoft over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Can you find me one forum thread on the entire internet of people clamoring for cross play between sony and microsoft that isnt for the last 3 days. Because this is the first time I've heard of people crying that sony wont play ball for microsoft over this.
    Technically you can start finding it since last year, when Microsoft announced that they'll do it, despite Sony has been doing it since PS2 era, when they were the market leader. The big difference is that Sony never made a big fuss about cross platform play. They barely ever advertise it and the ones that do are the developers, not Sony.

Some reason since Microsoft announced it people seem to think that Sony never did it. Feels very revisionist and there is a term that Microsoft has added when they released their press statement. It's that for cross play to happen, there must be an option to only play with XBL players, which actually is a term that definitely does not benefit Sony whatsoever.

For the more prominent example and the most detailed feed back on it. For FFXIV, it supported it during the initial release with PC and PS3. However with A Realm Reborn / 2.0 came out it was again confirmed that PS3/4/PC would all be on the same server. Yoship said that due to Microsoft's policy on having their own server they didn't develop it for Xbone. FFXI when it came to Xbox they ceded to have XBL on their own server and PS2/PC on the other and it's something they didn't want to repeat. So that was the first negotiation. Second negotiation came through when Microsoft released their press statement and was revealed in an interview about the result of it. The reasoning was exactly due to the one said above, that they wanted a way to play with only XBL users, which of course wasn't happening. Hence the second negotiation was a bust.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...other-consoles
    Thread from last year.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-14 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony is thinking of the children

“We’ve got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft – the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it’s all ages but it’s also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.”
    https://www.nintendoprime.net/sony-w...tect-children/

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Technically you can start finding it since last year, when Microsoft announced that they'll do it, despite Sony has been doing it since PS2 era, when they were the market leader. The big difference is that Sony never made a big fuss about cross platform play. They barely ever advertise it and the ones that do are the developers, not Sony.

Some reason since Microsoft announced it people seem to think that Sony never did it. Feels very revisionist and there is a term that Microsoft has added when they released their press statement. It's that for cross play to happen, there must be an option to only play with XBL players, which actually is a term that definitely does not benefit Sony whatsoever.

For the more prominent example and the most detailed feed back on it. For FFXIV, it supported it during the initial release with PC and PS3. However with A Realm Reborn / 2.0 came out it was again confirmed that PS3/4/PC would all be on the same server. Yoship said that due to Microsoft's policy on having their own server they didn't develop it for Xbone. FFXI when it came to Xbox they ceded to have XBL on their own server and PS2/PC on the other and it's something they didn't want to repeat. So that was the first negotiation. Second negotiation came through when Microsoft released their press statement and was revealed in an interview about the result of it. The reasoning was exactly due to the one said above, that they wanted a way to play with only XBL users, which of course wasn't happening. Hence the second negotiation was a bust.

Thread from last year.
    To add to this after awhile FFXI was cross-play with PS2,PC and 360.

The whole reason Sony isn't doing Cross-Play with Microsoft is due to Microsoft not Sony. Sony has been more then open to do it with PC.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 big games? Fucking shitty indie titles? Also minecraft has been at like every e3 and it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

Thread from last year.
    That's all fine and dandy but I asked for proof that millions of players are begging for cross play between consoles. I have never once since playing the original playstation said to myself "Damn I sure wish I could play with Xbox players" and until recently I've never seen people crying that Sony won't play ball with Microsoft and allow ps4 and Xbox 1 players to play together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    That's all fine and dandy but I asked for proof that millions of players are begging for cross play between consoles. I have never once since playing the original playstation said to myself "Damn I sure wish I could play with Xbox players" and until recently I've never seen people crying that Sony won't play ball with Microsoft and allow ps4 and Xbox 1 players to play together.
    Nah you won't really find any until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To add to this after awhile FFXI was cross-play with PS2,PC and 360.

The whole reason Sony isn't doing Cross-Play with Microsoft is due to Microsoft not Sony. Sony has been more then open to do it with PC.
    And I hinted at this earlier, but didn't say it, but also with Nintendo with Dragon Quest X being on the NSW, PS4, and PC (and the Wii U, but who's counting it).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a shame Sony doesn't budge in this. One of my buddies is a hardcore Xbox player and nothing in the world will convince him to ever play on Playstation (which I own). Yet there are games we both play a lot but we'd never meet up online because of the lack of cross-play.

Now in the past that never really was an issue, but looking at how the industry is changing and Nintendo/PC/Xbox are getting more and more connected, it's just a big let-down that Sony doesn't appear to want to jump in on that any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    it's just a big let-down that Sony doesn't appear to want to jump in on that any time soon.
    Sony has shown they will do it, They just won't do it the way MS wants to.

Cross-play will be the future, won't hurt Sony short term but at some point the consumer will catch up and when you don't have a real justification for not allowing something you will feel the pain at that time.

Don't forget the biggest games aren't exclusives but cross platform games, exclusives are system sellers but they aren't the games that consumers buy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Cross-play will be the future, won't hurt Sony short term but at some point the consumer will catch up and when you don't have a real justification for not allowing something you will feel the pain at that time.

Don't forget the biggest games aren't exclusives but cross platform games, exclusives are system sellers but they aren't the games that consumers buy the most.
    The majority of 3rd party publishers have no interest in cross play, and the ones who do did cross play on PS systems long before MS ever started blowing smoke about it.

It's amazing how Phil Spencer's bullshit PR has led to comments like this on the internet.

For the PS4 itself I would say no. For Sony games and those who focus on Sony exclusives I would say yes. MS has shifted towards Xbox and Windows being their exclusive. I am glad now to see games that I would have to fork over money for both a Microsoft console and a game to play are now available on a platform I already play(Windows). Unfortunately the crossplay stops at Windows for Microsoft.

The majority of 3rd party publishers have no interest in cross play, and the ones who do did cross play on PS systems long before MS ever started blowing smoke about it.

It's amazing how Phil Spencer's bullshit PR has led to comments like this on the internet.
    Maybe it's more amazing how fanboys react to this? At no point did you even bother to say which part you disagree with you just called my comment bullshit and nothing more.

The absolute way of talking that cross play between platforms isn't needed is nothing but buthurt fanboys talk that repeat talking points given to them by their overlords.

Cross play will eventually become mainstream if publishers and developers want to make money. Activlty is key to any long term future of a game, just look at GTA5 which do this day is still being sold as if it's a relative recent game and allowing cross play increase the longevity of games in general.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 Has the exclusives so if cross platform hurts anyone it will be Microsoft. There is currently little to no reason to own an Xbox 1