Thread: London fire.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    This is what happens when animals are allowed to live among human beings.
    I agree, the landlord should be jailed. Profit before people is shameful.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-06-14 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't have no fires in London before the bloody muslamics came here

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-06-14 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I agree, the landlord should be jailed. Profit before people is shameful.
    I'm quite sure you know exactly what it is I'm referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    We didn't have no fires in London before the bloody muslamics came here
    Or concerts where children are killed! Or vans killing running people over in the streets! It's crazy right!?

Deleted
    Yea you being a spud.

But it looks like the residents group warned about this since 2013, and the landlords did nothing. Gross negligence.

He knows exactly what you're talking about. But he's also done a bit more research than you have.

(See: My post just above your original comment and his other posts)

Yea you being a spud.

But it looks like the residents group warned about this since 2013, and the landlords did nothing. Gross negligence.
    Alright. Let's wait and see. Again, I'm not like the other side. If it's confirmed it wasn't terrorism, I will gladly show back up and apologize and say I was wrong. I won't post for 20 pages then duck out once we all know what was going on turns out to be true.

Gee, I wonder "how" did that happen?

Accident? I doubt it, after London Bridge? That was not an accident, this might not be an "accident" either.

We all pretty much who done that, the question is whether you want to admit it or not. I have pretty good idea who did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Gee, I wonder "how" did that happen?

Accident? I doubt it, after London Bridge? That was not an accident, this might not be an "accident" either.

We all pretty much who done that, the question is whether you want to admit it or not. I have pretty good idea who did that.
    Look another spud.

This happened at another property of the same landlord in 2015

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ensington.html

Essentailly they are shitty old towers with no fire safety and the landlords wont bother updating them.

This isn't terrorism its shitty landlords not providing thier legal obligations to fire safety.

Then a boiler, fridge, wiring or tumble dryer goes up (like they do) and its a shitfest.

Looks like it happened during renovations?

I'll post it in full for you dummies :

It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders. We believe that the KCTMO are an evil, unprincipled, mini-mafia who have no business to be charged with the responsibility of looking after the every day management of large scale social housing estates and that their sordid collusion with the RBKC Council is a recipe for a future major disaster.

Unfortunately, the Grenfell Action Group have reached the conclusion that only an incident that results in serious loss of life of KCTMO residents will allow the external scrutiny to occur that will shine a light on the practices that characterise the malign governance of this non-functioning organisation. We believe that the KCTMO have ensured their ongoing survival by the use of proxy votes at their Annual General Meeting that see them returned with a mandate of 98% in favour of the continuation of their inept and highly dangerous management of our homes. It is no coincidence that the 98% is the same figure that is returned by the infamous Kim Jong-un of North Korea who claims mass popularity while reputedly enslaving the general population and starving the majority of his people to death.

It is our conviction that a serious fire in a tower block or similar high density residential property is the most likely reason that those who wield power at the KCTMO will be found out and brought to justice! The Grenfell Action Group believe that the KCTMO narrowly averted a major fire disaster at Grenfell Tower in 2013 when residents experienced a period of terrifying power surges that were subsequently found to have been caused by faulty wiring. We believe that our attempts to highlight the seriousness of this event were covered up by the KCTMO with the help of the RBKC Scrutiny Committee who refused to investigate the legitimate concerns of tenants and leaseholders.

We have blogged many times on the subject of fire safety at Grenfell Tower and we believe that these investigations will become part of damning evidence of the poor safety record of the KCTMO should a fire affect any other of their properties and cause the loss of life that we are predicting:

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpres...ancaster-west/

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpres...n-fire-safety/

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpres...afety-scandal/

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpres...l-a-fire-risk/

In October 2015 a fire ripped through another KCTMO property, the 14 storey Adair Tower in North Kensington, causing mass panic and resulting in a number of residents taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. It is reported that had it not been for the swift actions of the London Fire Brigade the consequences of this fire and potential loss of life could have been much worse.

In the aftermath of the Adair Tower fire the London Fire Brigade found that the KCTMO had not been looking after the safety of residents properly and issued an Enforcement Order compelling them to improve the fire safety in the escape staircases and to provide self closing devices to all the tower block’s front doors. A further audit by the London Fire Brigade of the neighbouring Hazelwood Tower (located alongside Adair Tower) found similar breaches of health and safety legislation and an Enforcement Order was also issued for this property forcing the TMO to address the serious concerns of the Fire Brigade’s inspectors. What is shocking is that a decade ago a fatality occurred due to a fire at Hazelwood Tower and the Fire Investigation Team ordered that the grills on the fire escape staircase be covered over. This never happened and it is believed that the uncovered grills at Adair House (Hazelwood Tower’s twin block) acted like a chimney and were responsible for the accelerated spread of the fire and smoke damage.

In the last twenty years and despite the terrifying power surge incident in 2013 and recent fire at Adair Tower, the residents of Grenfell Tower have received no proper fire safety instructions from the KCTMO. Residents were informed by a temporary notice stuck in the lift and one announcement in a recent regeneration newsletter that they should remain in their flats in the event of fire. There are not and never have been any instructions posted in the Grenfell Tower noticeboard or on individual floor as to how residents should act in event of a fire. Anyone who witnessed the recent tower block fire at Shepherds Court, in nearby Shepherd’s Bush, will know that the advice to remain in our properties would have led to certain fatalities and we are calling on our landlord to re-consider the advice that they have so badly circulated.

The Grenfell Action Group predict that it won’t be long before the words of this blog come back to haunt the KCTMO management and we will do everything in our power to ensure that those in authority know how long and how appallingly our landlord has ignored their responsibility to ensure the heath and safety of their tenants and leaseholders. They can’t say that they haven’t been warned!
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-06-14 at 05:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Look another spud.

This happened at another property of the same landlord in 2015

Essentailly they are shitty old towers with no fire safety and the landlords wont bother updating them.

This isn't terrorism its shitty landlords not providing thier legal obligations to fire safety.

Then a boiler, fridge, wiring or tumble dryer goes up (like they do) and its a shitfest.

Looks like it happened during renovations?

I'll post it in full for you dummies :
    Not that i am disagreeing with you, but given that the landlord is a repeat offender with this, technically the landlord could be classified as a terrorist now, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    How does a fire even get to that point in the building like this? Sprinklers, fire doors, fire dampers, fire resistant penetration seals... How does it spread enough to fully engulf a building that size without something seriously fucked going on?
    As a firefighter myself I can give some insight into this.

Sprinklers, well it depends how old the building is, or even if they work, from what Ive heard of this building it would not surprise me that they don't work or are not even there.

Fire doors, again, depends on how old the building is and if they where even installed, and they won't hold forever in a fire.

Fire resistant seals that is suppose to make sure that fire doesn't go up floors, they don't hold forever, but they should have held on for longer.

The fire started on the fourth floor according to a witness, he said that there are gas pipes in the stairwell, that's just a nightmare, there is most likely gas pipes in all apartments, also a nightmare to deal with.
    There also seems to have been a lack of fire extinguisher on the hallways that would have put this fire out before it even got this bad.

A fire like this is one of my worst nightmares if I had to deal with it.
    Last edited by Torched; 2017-06-14 at 05:56 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Not that i am disagreeing with you, but given that the landlord is a repeat offender with this, technically the landlord could be classified as a terrorist now, yes?
    No. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Nope, just incompetent and greedy. If that qualifies as terrorism, the 1st world countries are littered with them.

Alright. Let's wait and see. Again, I'm not like the other side. If it's confirmed it wasn't terrorism, I will gladly show back up and apologize and say I was wrong. I won't post for 20 pages then duck out once we all know what was going on turns out to be true.
    If the other side doesn't jump into conclusions nor propose genocide, no you are definitely not like them.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the building was covered on the outside by something that was easily flammable and that's what made the fire climb so fast, that's insanely stupid of they made the outside of the building out of something like that.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Looks like the building was covered on the outside by something that was easily flammable and that's what made the fire climb so fast, that's insanely stupid of they made the outside of the building out of something like that.
    There was a couple of people from inside the building on BBC. Apparently it started on the 4th floor. A persons fridge caught fire. He said the fire dept couldn't get into the building and then the fire went out the window and the new plastic cladding on the outside of building caught fire. The fire then shot up the whole building and within 15 minutes the whole building was on fire. A guy from the 7th floor also said that they were busy installing gas in the building to some of the apartments and he saw blue flame so he thought it was a gas fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's true, I'll take it back. But we'll see. Sort of like the concert was a few balloons popping for 20 pages. Not saying it wasn't a refrigerator, but that must have been a pretty crazy fridge.
    Seriously? One spark onto flammable enough material is all that is needed. Only someone who has never seen a fire start can be so clueless.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    I thought this was about the great fire of London in 1666 for a second.

Deleted
    Absolute heart breaking scenes and accounts on the news from residents.
    Seems a lot of people still not accounted for.
    One local support worker said she has had no contact from several disabled residents on the higher floors.
    Thoughts go out to all those affected, and can we keep the speculation on who or what caused this down to a minimum till it's actually known for sure, as so far none of it seems terror related

Is that the tower from 28 days (or weeks?) later?

[edit]No, it's not (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfron_Tower)[/edit]
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-06-14 at 10:00 AM.

That's my least favorite way to go. I hope for the best.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

A few years ago Cardiff had a handful of "big" fires (nothing on this scale) which were locally assumed to be insurance "gigs"; if this turns out to be a similar thing I hope the perpetrators are locked up for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.