Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    If it has really gone from being behind to 25% ahead through the various BIOS/AGESA/Windows optimizations, you have to wonder how big the overall gaming gap really is at this point, as well as how relevant those launch reviews even are.
    I don't think that's the case here, Anandtech had Ryzen winning the Cix 6 tests back in April:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11244/...ads-vs-four/11

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    I love how AMD stuff keeps getting so much better as time goes by. Remember how crap bulldozer was compared to the 2500k when it first launched? Well, nowadays the 2500k gets shit on.

When the 3rd and 4th generation CPUs come out for AM4 it's gonna be pretty lolsmileyface.
    The 2500k is still faster then the FX 8370 in almost all games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-8-4qcpPo

That's despite the Piledriver CPU's launching almost 3 years after the 2500k came out, Bulldozer CPU's like the FX-8150 launched a full 9 months after the 2500k and would be quite a bit slower then the piledriver processor in the above video.

Bulldozer was shit and remains shit, unless paying a price even below the i3.

Don't expect Ryzen to have miracle boosts down the line, other then better memory compatibility. The only thing that would make Ryzen better in future would be games having much higher multithreading. As it stands though Ryzen is a much better product then the FX series ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Bulldozer was shit and remains shit, unless paying a price even below the i3.
    I think you can get them for like 120 bucks right now. TBH if you need the cores and don't care about a bit of power consumption they are a bit of a steal right now.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. That video indeed shows the 2500k winning. Quite different from what I saw from some other benchmarks. Such contrast between reviewers and benchmarkers these days. We need some standard operating procedures for benchmark people. I feel they are running around doing random crap half the time.

Check this video out it kinda tells a different story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBKFz9n2hc

Deleted
    Hmm. That video indeed shows the 2500k winning. Quite different from what I saw from some other benchmarks. Such contrast between reviewers and benchmarkers these days. We need some standard operating procedures for benchmark people. I feel they are running around doing random crap half the time.

Check this video out it kinda tells a different story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBKFz9n2hc
    Most reviewers aren't gamers, which imo makes them actually bad at reviewing tech for games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Most reviewers aren't gamers, which imo makes them actually bad at reviewing tech for games.
    Why? Often there's a benchmark you can run - no gaming experience required. Even if there's not I'd argue experience in recreating situations may be more beneficial than gaming experience.

Gamers on the other hand might often neglect the basics of benchmarking, e.g. making sure it's a fresh system, double checking the settings are identical, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Hardware Unboxed is one of the best youtube reviewers out there, you are free to browse his videos if you wish. AdoredTV is known to have a rather large AMD bias.

1600 just went on sale at microcenter for 199.00. You can get that paired with a asus prime x370 for 310 bucks after tax, crazy value. Obviously can go much cheaper with a b350 board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Hardware Unboxed is one of the best youtube reviewers out there, you are free to browse his videos if you wish. AdoredTV is known to have a rather large AMD bias.
    But AdoredTV isn't wrong in his observations. He was the one to point out Tomb Raider with Nvidia and RyZen issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure which reviewer is right on the old processors but even in the hardware unboxed video that you linked between 2 minutes and 3 minutes he suggests that ryzen performance will continue to increase. He even suggests that it will one day be beating kabylake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    1600 just went on sale at microcenter for 199.00. You can get that paired with a asus prime x370 for 310 bucks after tax, crazy value. Obviously can go much cheaper with a b350 board.
    It's almost low enough to replace my 2 daughters i3's.

Just got a pop up from Microsoft when I powered up my Ryzen a few minutes ago. Windows 8.1 no longer will support Ryzen or Intel 7th gen processors. Ryzen is Windows 10 only now.

Got to break out the dam debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Just got a pop up from Microsoft when I powered up my Ryzen a few minutes ago. Windows 8.1 no longer will support Ryzen or Intel 7th gen processors. Ryzen is Windows 10 only now.

Got to break out the dam debit card.
    Nah bro microsoft left a loophole because they want everyone on 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/acce...ndows10upgrade

You f-ing ROCK!!!

I had seen this deal in another thread. Do you guys think a Ryzen 1600 with the B350 plus board and like a GTX 1060 graphics card is good enough for gaming (60 FPS 1080p) for the next few years? Or will it become underpowered soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I had seen this deal in another thread. Do you guys think a Ryzen 1600 with the B350 plus board and like a GTX 1060 graphics card is good enough for gaming (60 FPS 1080p) for the next few years? Or will it become underpowered soon?
    I think AM4 will be good for gaming for an even longer period than LGA 1155 (sandy bridge) or anything else I can remember.

Of course Microsoft wants everyone on 10 because soon they will begin charging a monthly fee and failure to pay the fee will make your computer inaccessable.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-06-19 at 08:54 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Of course Microsoft wants everyone on 10 because soon they will begin charging a monthly fee and failure to pay the fee will make your computer inaccessable.
    The amount of money they get from user data, is probably more than they would ever get from a sub. Also you would have an uproar like no other if they ever tried it. What is more likely is that we might start to see more paid app lisences.

Right please provide something like evidence....I will accept a tweet as well from Microsoft because you making a claim like that clearly means you have some sort of proof.

While we are at it.

Businesses already have a sub based system they can get from Microsoft btw so I'm assuming you're talking about consumers.

Yeah, I've heard this said before. It stemmed from the saying Microsoft used that they are offering "Windows as a service." Since so many services, like Pandora and MMO Subs are considered a service and they charge a monthly fee, people assumed Microsoft was also going to charge a monthly fee. This is not the case and Microsoft has come out and said as much. This is similar to many other things that you buy once and are offered as a service. For instance, my company sells Gas Monitors for Confined Space Entry. When we sell a monitor, it costs a one time fee and comes with a service contract. There is no fee for this contract and it comes with things like free maintenance, calibration and sensor replacement. This is the kind of service they are talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Boy this thread got derailed again.

MS isnt going to a monthly sub for Windows, at least any time in the near future.

OT, anyone looking for the R3s release?