Deleted

Multiplayer games that will occupy me for months?

I'm currently taking a break from World of Warcraft and I'm looking for multiplayer games that could occupy me for months.

I really dislike MOBA games, and I don't want to play any MMORPGs at the moment. When it comes to FPS I've played CS:GO, BF1, Overwatch so I'm looking for something else.

I just wonder what multiplayer games are played by other people - games which you can play for a really long time without getting bored.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could get into the Dark Souls franchise. I hear it's possible to co-op the bosses, and invade other people for some decent pvp.

Honestly if you can get Minecraft and use mods -or even a preloading launcher like feed the beast so its not just 'dig dig dig done' and adds things like industry, magic, rpg mechanics and dungeons you can lose weeks easy.

I'd try a single player game instead. Nothing can ever replace an MMO for me in terms of multiplayer games so I usually go to Pokemon Fan games, Dark souls, and recently Breath of the Wild.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Minecraft with mods can be pretty fun and have a lot of depth to it; I used to love the Tekkit pack.

Player Unkown Battlegrounds is pretty popular right now, last man/team standing free for all FPS on a large map.

You might be able to find Destiny at a discount if you have a console; or get D2 in a couple months from the bnet store. Its not as bad as people say, I've sunk a ton of time into it but am pretty much done with it personally; but find myself missing the pvp at times as well as other parts of the game. As a new player I'd say a couple/few months should be about right.

You don't want an MMO but I'm enjoying FFXIV a lot atm. Other than that, I do single player games mostly but I've cut back to focusing on one or two games for long periods of time so can't really help too much more than that.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend and I have become reacquainted with Path of Exile. We've been leveling several chars together, and we play it every single night for at least 4-5 hours. We've only completed Normal difficulty, around level 45 on our highest, but keep rolling new classes to try new build ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7 Days to die can keep you busy for awhile with friends fun crafting zombie survival game new update did a lot of changes watch a some videos see if it looks like something you might like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I'm currently taking a break from World of Warcraft and I'm looking for multiplayer games that could occupy me for months.

I really dislike MOBA games, and I don't want to play any MMORPGs at the moment. When it comes to FPS I've played CS:GO, BF1, Overwatch so I'm looking for something else.

I just wonder what multiplayer games are played by other people - games which you can play for a really long time without getting bored.
    Baldurs Gate Trilogy

if you actually have good taste in gaming that is.

This is me few months ago, so I can relate to that question.

You might try a strategy game? It's a somehow forgotten genre lately - sadly. Though, there are still great strategy games out there!

Total War: Warhammer (second game coming soon!)
    - great game for both singleplayer and local/online coop/competitive multiplayer
    - awesome modder base

If you want to go really crazy on strategy games check out Wargame: Red Dragon or Steel Division: Normandy 44 that are both great multiplayer-only games.

Another great multiplayer-coop game that I can recommend is Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide. The community is often very nice and helpful because you will die alone even on lower difficulty. Never go alone in this game. If you want to, you can grind harder missions for better gear but gear is not as important as good teamplay and individual player skill. This game is best played with friends anyway

PS: Also Destiny if you own a console.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warframe is really good, and free. Basically a better Destiny in pretty much every way (IMO).

Deleted
    Two great multiplayer games from very different Genres. Grim dawn is a top notch ARPG, from a number of the same people behind Titan Quest. Helldivers is a twin stick shooter from the people behind Magicka and the recent remake of Gauntlet.

Grim Dawn
    Helldivers

They have certain amounts of DLC, so I'd recommend you watch them in the Steam sale coming soon and try to get the deluxe editions on discount.

Also recommend Hammerwatch, Battleblock Theatre and any other games by the developer of BBT, The Behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tell me you are not including Siege of Dragonspear in that?

Anyway OP is asking for multiplayer but not MOBA and you are all answering NO play a solo game instead or play a MOBA

Try monster hunter
    BG BGSoA BGToB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Two great multiplayer games from very different Genres. Grim dawn is a top notch ARPG, from a number of the same people behind Titan Quest. Helldivers is a twin stick shooter from the people behind Magicka and the recent remake of Gauntlet.

Grim Dawn
    Helldivers

They have certain amounts of DLC, so I'd recommend you watch them in the Steam sale coming soon and try to get the deluxe editions on discount.

Also recommend Hammerwatch, Battleblock Theatre and any other games by the developer of BBT, The Behemoth.
    As a counter to this, I really liked Magicka, but got tired of Helldivers really quickly. It just gets so samey after a couple of missions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    As a counter to this, I really liked Magicka, but got tired of Helldivers really quickly. It just gets so samey after a couple of missions.
    I think the point is the multiplayer and using lots of different loadouts. I agree, though, that with only 4 environments using random generated objectives, it is a bit samey. I think the gameplay is the big seller for this game. It is a very slick twin stick shooter, and it has a good lively community on reddit, steam and discord.

ill probably grab player unknowns this upcoming steam sale. don't really want to pay 30 notes for a dayz clone. I liked playing dayz overpoch, but i'm not sure i'm going to like the whole shrinking arena thing.

the only other games i've been playing recently.

black desert, grind forever

the division, just another cover based shooter.

and star bound recently got updated.

bought rising storm 2, loved red orchestra, not really feeling like rs2 does anything better or differently. like the division its just another shooter that doesn't really do anything new.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-06-16 at 11:02 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried the Monster Hunter series? If you have a 3ds they are worth the price tag. Halo 5 has excellent multiplayer as well.

Chess will keep you occupied for a lifetime.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.