Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The destruction of the entire burning legion followed by the fight for the life of azeroth in 8.0 are very big events.
    [Citation Needed]

Deleted
    Nobody knows whats Bolvar is doing.

He is probably just sitting and the story is maybe idle forever(so with KT).

Makes no sense to involve the Scourge again(unless it turns out that the Old Gods were controlling the LKs which is kinda a cool idea).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-14 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Nobody knows whats Bolvar is doing.

He is probably just sitting and the story is maybe idle forever(so with KT).
    We don't know what he's doing, we do know that he is doing something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    What is is?

Any other info besides the cinematic event?

[Citation Needed]
    This dude's headcanon, lol. He's talking as if everything was set in stone already, while it's definitely only speculation. There was a chance to introduce Azshara/N'zoth in Cata, then in MoP, then in Legion and it didnt happen (so far). The chance for the next expansion being about Azshara/N'zoth is as much likely as any other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    What is is?

Any other info besides the cinematic event?
    The guy flat-out mentioned having plans for Acherus should the PC fail in the DK class mount quest. What those are, we don't know, but it's fair to say that Bolvar's taking on a much more active role nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    This dude's headcanon, lol. He's talking as if everything was set in stone already, while it's definitely only speculation. There was a chance to introduce Azshara/N'zoth in Cata, then in MoP, then in Legion and it didnt happen (so far). The chance for the next expansion being about Azshara/N'zoth is as much likely as any other.
    Oh, Anaxie's posts are always Stage 4 Metastatic Cancer. Either way, you're right, I remember the days of hearing about how we'd come back from Outland and kill Azshara. Then we'd return from Northrend and kill Azshara. Or we'd vanquish Deathwing and kill Azshara. We'd kill Azshara in Pandaria. We'd kill Azshara as she ushers in the Legion after overthrowing Garrosh. We'd kill Azshara for sure when we get back from Draenor, etc.

I'm just bored of the concept entirely now.

Before a group of adventurers and Tirion faced Arthas a top of Icecrown... had Arthas ever died? Bolvar was still living... horrible pain but still living. Is a living body one of the requirements to be the Lich King?

The guy flat-out mentioned having plans for Acherus should the PC fail in the DK class mount quest. What those are, we don't know, but it's fair to say that Bolvar's taking on a much more active role nowadays.
    I looked it up: Bolvar has been wielding the Helm as long as Arthas did (both at 5 years). Mograine has concerns. *I* have concerns.

I don't know if Blizzard is ever going to followup with the story (frankly, I have issues seeing how they would do it without it being a rehash) but I would not expect Bolvar to be on our side when it happens.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Maybe thats how you feel, but Blizz and many players won't give a damn. If they think it's cool, they'll do it. And it's just a fact that he's alive.
    Also, in Cata we faced Deathwing and some of the most powerful minions of the OGs. After that, in MoP, the villain was Garrosh, who wasn't even close to Deathwings power, even after he drained the heart. This "after the legion, we can't go back to villains like KT" is simply stupid.
    THe Villan in MoP was the remnants of one of the 4 Old Gods and Lei Shen. Garrosh was of minor importance without the power of Yasharajj behind him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Before a group of adventurers and Tirion faced Arthas a top of Icecrown... had Arthas ever died? Bolvar was still living... horrible pain but still living. Is a living body one of the requirements to be the Lich King?
    Frostmourn consumed his soul. but no he never died.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Anaxie's posts are always Stage 4 Metastatic Cancer. Either way, you're right, I remember the days of hearing about how we'd come back from Outland and kill Azshara. Then we'd return from Northrend and kill Azshara. Or we'd vanquish Deathwing and kill Azshara. We'd kill Azshara in Pandaria. We'd kill Azshara as she ushers in the Legion after overthrowing Garrosh. We'd kill Azshara for sure when we get back from Draenor, etc.

I'm just bored of the concept entirely now.
    IT was cut from Cataclysm. not sure how azshara would tie into MoP or Legion.

if you don't believe Azshara nad N'zoth are next after the teasing in Legion you are blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Do you know a single thing about this games story?

- - - Updated - - -

RULE OF COOL.

bolvar in the long run is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Maybe thats how you feel, but Blizz and many players won't give a damn. If they think it's cool, they'll do it. And it's just a fact that he's alive.
    Also, in Cata we faced Deathwing and some of the most powerful minions of the OGs. After that, in MoP, the villain was Garrosh, who wasn't even close to Deathwings power, even after he drained the heart. This "after the legion, we can't go back to villains like KT" is simply stupid.
    ???? going back to Kel'thuzad is stupid.

it's not going to happen an dhis urns destruction not happinging in Wotlk was an oversight from the lazy copy and paste raid.

if Kel'thuzad wasn't destroyed he would of been ressurected by Arthas for the Battle of Icecrown.

Hes dead. period. the end

Do you know a single thing about this games story?

Apparently, yes I do. I'd wager I know more than you. Remember your headcannon =/= official lore.
    Also your question has in no way, shape or form any connection to my post that you quoted. So you want to tell me I was wrong at any point in the paragraph you quoted? Or did I miss exp 8.0 reveal?

10+ Year Old Account
    IT was cut from Cataclysm. not sure how azshara would tie into MoP or Legion.
    We had forum mouthbreathers proclaiming that Pandaria would be the centerpiece of an expansion focusing on the South Seas, because that's where Pandaria is, and that Azshara would be the final boss. During MoP itself, I remember quite a few theories speculating that Azshara was going to summon Sargeras to inevitably unleash N'zoth. In WoD, despite the Legion serving as our finale and 7.0 segue, people were proclaiming that the shipyard was definitely hinting at Azshara/South Seas.

Azshara and Azshara expansion predictions are boring now, and have been for years. I'm sure she's next, this time though!

Oh, and the Abyssal Maw, which wasn't going to feature Azshara was cut from Cataclysm, not Azshara. It's not a cut issue, and it's not surprising in the slightest bit that you of all people would be wrong about that.

if you don't believe Azshara nad N'zoth are next after the teasing in Legion you are blind.
    I doubted it after it was teased in WotLK. I doubted it after it was teased in Cataclysm. I doubted it after it was teased in muh blank Scroll. I wish I were betting against the mouth-foaming Azshara criers, I'd be rich.

Oh, and let's not pretend that Blizzard teasing at things means anything. Don't you remember Wrathion prancing through Pandaria warning about an imminent Legion invasion? You know what we got instead? Time travelling Orcs.

RULE OF COOL.

Not an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not going to happen an dhis urns destruction not happinging in Wotlk was an oversight from the lazy copy and paste raid.
    [Citation needed]
    if Kel'thuzad wasn't destroyed he would of been ressurected by Arthas for the Battle of Icecrown.
    [Citation needed]
    [Citation needed]

Bringing back to scourge after the cosmic forces of the Legion

YAWN

what more yawn is they would need to re use all of northrend. GL with that.
    That's the only reason Kel'thuzad would be brought back for. What? Do you think he'd have any other purpose than to bring back the Scourge?

and welcome back
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    I always thought LK would hold some sort of dominion to Lich's as he does to all the other undead as Lich's are undead.

Is this not the case?
    As much control as he has over Sylvanas to be honest. The Stronger scourge where always granted some free will to be better lieutenants, Kelthuzad more so then anyone else would be given a very big leash. After the LK's death, I would imagine most every high end scourge left "alive" Would gain the same freedom that Sylvanas gained back in warcraft 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Kel'thuzad is pro scourge
    Kel'thuzad was pro not being killed or enslaved in the way Anub'arak was.

- - - Updated - - -

Liches can only be killed if their phylactery isn't destroyed. He wasn't present in Icecrown, nor was his phylactery. To say he's dead with any certainty is to be intentionally misleading at worst, willfully ignorant at best.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Odds are his phylactery is under Light's Hope Chapel since in Vanilla you turn it in there. Death Knights can't launch another assault or they'd have some serious backlash this time. Safe to assume the same basis happened after Naxx in Northrend, that the Paladins brought it to the most holy place available to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kel'thuzads return after the destruction of Achimonde / Kil'jaeden/ Sargeras/ and Arthas is anti-climatic.

it's like you destroyed Kil'jaeden and Sargeras but now you face JARAXXUS!!!!! is it possible to eyeroll that hard?
    Beings like Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are great, but they leave the ability for opportunistic villains in their wake; the destruction they caused leaves Azeroth open to invasion from less dangerous villains.

The next expansion is CLEARLY evidentily and obviously going to be azshara and n'zoth black empire theme at this point. if the Void gods are the finale of the expansion can you really shoe horn Kel'thuzad into something after Legion and that as anything credible? I mean you COULD if you want to milk the ever living shit out of the game and drag the story through infinite filler arcs that follow series story finale.
    In what way is it evident? The only foreshadowing done in relation to N'zoth was Il'gynoth and the Shadowpriest artifact weapon. Nothing credible has been done this expansion to show that the next would definitely be N'zoth-themed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Odds are his phylactery is under Light's Hope Chapel since in Vanilla you turn it in there.
    His phylactery was taken to Northrend during the events of Vanilla, and it has not been found since.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm sorry but you're not inside the dude's mind. How can you claim he's against the scourge? He's the lich king at the moment. There's no reason to believe he didn't betray you

- - - Updated - - -

Source on that please?
    You need a source to tell you that a Lich is a Wizard that stored his/her soul inside another object in order to keep themselves from being able to be killed?

I mean.. pick up any Fantasy book with undead in it and flip a few pages. They will mention this Hard Fact about the creature. As for Kel'Thuzad's, we gave it to a member of the Silver Hand that ended up working for the Scourge, he ran off with it in the questline. That is where the story is at now. wowwiki KT ... do a little research beyond just going "nuh-uh!" people, jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

KT was pretty much best buds with Arthas.
    He is a card blizzard can use to ress Arthas, becuse Arthas have a huge fanbase and blizzard will use him again for marketing purpose.
    Just like Illidan.

Kel'thuzads return after the destruction of Achimonde / Kil'jaeden/ Sargeras/ and Arthas is anti-climatic.

it's like you destroyed Kil'jaeden and Sargeras but now you face JARAXXUS!!!!! is it possible to eyeroll that hard?
    Didn't we kill the Lich King AFTER Yogg Saron? And Kil'Jaeden too?
    Wasn't MoP AFTER killing Deathwing? And wasn't Deathwing AFTER defeating every single one of the titan keepers who empowered him in the first place?

It's not about always killing someone more powerful than the last big enemy.
    It's about fighting an enemy that's compelling. With a good story, aesthetics and stuff.
    And the Scourge definitively has good lore, aesthetics, and characters. One of which is Kel'thuzad.

Yes, the next expansion is likely to be related to the Old Gods. But there will be another expansion after it.

The event we are living now. The destruction of the entire burning legion followed by the fight for the life of azeroth in 8.0 are very big events. Kel'thuzads return. not so much. not at this point in the story.
    Sure, he doesn't threaten the entire universe.
    Neither did the Iron Horde, Garrosh, the Thunder King, or even the Lich King.
    Azshara is not THAT much of a threat either, at least not without involvement from the Void Lords.

THe Villan in MoP was the remnants of one of the 4 Old Gods and Lei Shen. Garrosh was of minor importance without the power of Yasharajj behind him.
    Wrong. Garrosh was the villain, the remnants of Y'shaaarj were his tool.
    The story revolved around the two factions fighting each other, and how Garrosh turned the Horde against himself.

There was a lot of Burning Legion teasing in MoP. But there was another expansion beetween then and now.

He is the Lich King. He is relevant as hell.

???? going back to Kel'thuzad is stupid.
    Kind of like Illidan! And the warlords! And Archimonde!

An oversight that can allow for the continuation of his story.

Hey, maybe that is an oversight.

We had forum mouthbreathers proclaiming that Pandaria would be the centerpiece of an expansion focusing on the South Seas, because that's where Pandaria is, and that Azshara would be the final boss. During MoP itself, I remember quite a few theories speculating that Azshara was going to summon Sargeras to inevitably unleash N'zoth. In WoD, despite the Legion serving as our finale and 7.0 segue, people were proclaiming that the shipyard was definitely hinting at Azshara/South Seas.
    Those theories are made by illogical and ignorant morons. wereas legions hints is a logical conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Didn't we kill the Lich King AFTER Yogg Saron? And Kil'Jaeden too?
    Wasn't MoP AFTER killing Deathwing? And wasn't Deathwing AFTER defeating every single one of the titan keepers who empowered him in the first place?

It's not about always killing someone more powerful than the last big enemy.
    It's about fighting an enemy that's compelling. With a good story, aesthetics and stuff.
    And the Scourge definitively has good lore, aesthetics, and characters. One of which is Kel'thuzad.

Yes, the next expansion is likely to be related to the Old Gods. But there will be another expansion after it.

Sure, he doesn't threaten the entire universe.
    Neither did the Iron Horde, Garrosh, the Thunder King, or even the Lich King.
    Azshara is not THAT much of a threat either, at least not without involvement from the Void Lords.

Wrong. Garrosh was the villain, the remnants of Y'shaaarj were his tool.
    The story revolved around the two factions fighting each other, and how Garrosh turned the Horde against himself.

There was a lot of Burning Legion teasing in MoP. But there was another expansion beetween then and now.

He is the Lich King. He is relevant as hell.

Kind of like Illidan! And the warlords! And Archimonde!

An oversight that can allow for the continuation of his story.

Hey, maybe that is an oversight.
    Deathwing was empowered by an Old God
    Deathwing had the Armies of the Void at his beck and call and his created flights
    Kil'jaeden didn't die in 2.4

Kel'thuzad is the Cho'gall to Deathwing

Kel'thuzad can not and will not carry a story forward.

WoD happened between MoP and Legion considering Gul'dan is the catalyst to the third invasion.

Bolvar is irrelevant don't kid yourself about it. After Legion you probably won't hear a peep from him ever again.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-06-14 at 10:45 PM.