Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Legendary follower AP equipment nerf?

Apparently Blizzard thought it wasn't rng enough and gave it a chance to give 5m AP (on AK 40) instead of 800k per WQ. Does anyone know if it's a nerf / buff or neutral? So far I've gotten 1 token for 10 WQs which seems like pretty big nerf, but low sample size and all that. Didn't see anything about this in patch notes.
    Last edited by Rhoe; 2017-06-14 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    I've gotten 2 legenary follower items as random equipment drops pre 7.2, which is more then most people.

Post 7.2 i have only gotten them from the command center buff rotation, which im sure should be up again soonish its been a while.

All in all it seems fine to me considering their dropchance before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I've gotten 2 legenary follower items as random equipment drops pre 7.2, which is more then most people.

Post 7.2 i have only gotten them from the command center buff rotation, which im sure should be up again soonish its been a while.

All in all it seems fine to me considering their dropchance before.
    That's not what he's talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    Apparently Blizzard thought it wasn't rng enough and gave it a chance to give 5m AP (on AK 40) instead of 800k per WQ. Does anyone know if it's a nerf / buff or neutral? So far I've gotten 1 token for 10 WQs which seems like pretty big nerf, but low sample size and all that. Didn't see anything about this in patch notes.
    Word on the street is: slight buff, chance is 20% so in the long run it'll add up. Wowhead has more on it, I guess they linked to a blue post too.

Deleted
    oh that change. well it was annoying to have dozens of those measly tokens in your bags, so i get why they changed it.

AP is also pretty obsolete now so not to fussed if its a nerf or buff.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...03524868706304
    In Patch 7.2.5, the Follower equipment Artifact Power rewards' 100% drop rate has been reduced to 20%, and the drops reward 5x the AP.

So generally more RNG shit but with "average luck" you should get the same AP with 5 times less clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...03524868706304

So generally more RNG shit but with "average luck" you should get the same AP with 5 time less clicking.
    but.. why.... Legion really needs RNG on literally everything?

It's 20% now, so it should average out to the same ap.

Personally I got 4 from 13 world quests, so that's a little above 20%, but sample size and all that.

When will the command center give a legendary follower item again?

The drop chance was nerfed from 100% to 20%, but the amount of AP given was buffed a lot. Overally it's (for the most part) a buff.

Blizz just detected a lack of RNG and decided to fix the problem

In fact I like the change, they accumulated and were cluttering the inventory quite quickly.

im glad i no longer will have my bags filled with shitty 800k ap tokens

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    When will the command center give a legendary follower item again?
    It's a random buff rotation, so when ever the command center gods are in our favor again

Deleted
    It's buff in a sense that the shitty AP tokens won't clog your inventory when you want them to use on another spec but you don't want to change spec every single WQ

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to know it's not intended to be a nerf at least.