Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    Torn between trying out enh shaman(since it looks like ele is gonna be garbage again) or leveling a rogue and not have to deal with blizzards shitty balancing bullshit.
    Personally id just go to a Rogue. If youre a Mythic raider youre going to be much much more useful to your raid as a Rogue through utility as well as damage.

7.2.5 Enhancement Class Discussion
    We talked about it more and decided to let Stormstrike and Windstrike offhand attacks proc Stormbringer for now.

The thinking above is still true, and something we want to keep an eye on, but the changes already in place mean the numbers are quite different from the 7.0 version. In 7.0, if you had e.g. a 10% chance to proc from Stormstrike (main hand only), and 0% from Lava Lash and Boulderfist (and the procs were worth double due to Tempest), there was a huge swing in proc chance between using 3 Stormstrikes and using 3 other buttons. In 7.2.5, you may have 8% from the Lava Lash and Rockbiter, and 16% from the Stormstrike, and the a proc causes you to replace 2 other buttons with 2 Stormstrikes. The swing is much smaller now.

Because the 7.2.5 changes would already reduce the streakiness of Stormbringer procs (and because allowing offhands to proc is slightly more consistent with the tooltips), we'll let that play out on live and inform whether we need to make future changes to mitigate that streakiness further. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    That's a good move by Blizz... I know this isn't the end state of where they want the spec to be, but it should help... for now.

For all the people interested, Wordup has updated his guide on Icy-Veins. It's all up to date now and provides tons of information.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Enh is feeling very very nice atm

Quote Originally Posted by valorious View Post
    Enh is feeling very very nice atm
    this is where is go "woot bet class fantasy is good" and then like always blizzard sooner or later shits on the spec and i wonder why im just not playing a pure melee dps

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    this is where is go "woot bet class fantasy is good" and then like always blizzard sooner or later shits on the spec and i wonder why im just not playing a pure melee dps
    At least enjoy it just in case

With the changes, I'm now doing pretty stable 550-600k DPS on target dummy and it feels so much nicer. I hope this change stays...

I'm finding the back-and-forth frenetic shifting between Stormstrike and other abilities to be slightly annoying. I'll probably get used to it, but still annoying.

Prior to 7.2.5 you'd be able to spam SS consecutively reliably when you get SB procs. Post-patch you only spam consecutively if you get consecutive procs, so it's more of a toss-up. Switching maelstrom-dump sequencing every GCD is ~_~.

Shrug. Numbers seem a notch better though. Not entirely happy with Ascendance although it's ok. Very flaky and dependent on procs. And is it just me or is the cooldown reduction on SS for Ascendance not functioning properly? Seems like I still had a 10s cooldown or something, when it should have been like a 2-2.5s cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    I'm finding the back-and-forth frenetic shifting between Stormstrike and other abilities to be slightly annoying. I'll probably get used to it, but still annoying.

Prior to 7.2.5 you'd be able to spam SS consecutively reliably when you get SB procs. Post-patch you only spam consecutively if you get consecutive procs, so it's more of a toss-up. Switching maelstrom-dump sequencing every GCD is ~_~.
    So what you are saying is you just want to hit SS over and over and over again. That sounds fun.

That was the problem that was to be addressed, was the RNG of strings of SB procs where you do nothing but mash the SS button for 15 seconds and then go without any procs for 15 seconds.

The fixes put in place were to smooth out the SB procs so you actually can use other abilities. I personally thing it has been a huge success. The spec with new rockbiter and the changes they made feels similar to EN but with a new punch in the form of Ascendance or ES.

I must say that the changes for Enhance have been spectacular and I am really happy with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    So what you are saying is you just want to hit SS over and over and over again. That sounds fun.

That was the problem that was to be addressed, was the RNG of strings of SB procs where you do nothing but mash the SS button for 15 seconds and then go without any procs for 15 seconds.

The fixes put in place were to smooth out the SB procs so you actually can use other abilities. I personally thing it has been a huge success. The spec with new rockbiter and the changes they made feels similar to EN but with a new punch in the form of Ascendance or ES.

I must say that the changes for Enhance have been spectacular and I am really happy with the changes.
    Agreed, fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
    Agreed, fully.
    Agree as well. All we might need now is numbers tuning. I feel we should be the best at ST damage with our lower aoe/cleave cleave considering r melee are good at both
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-06-14 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    So what is Your choice of talents guys? I stick to Akainu + EotTW, but the talents... duh, I've really can't choose the best option. HH/Lnd, AS/HS, Asc/ES, all of them seems really good, so really long day of testing before me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashalot View Post
    So what is Your choice of talents guys? I stick to Akainu + EotTW, but the talents... duh, I've really can't choose the best option. HH/Lnd, AS/HS, Asc/ES, all of them seems really good, so really long day of testing before me.
    Tbh, HS seems like a pain to keep up, also gameplay becomes slower with it.
    Here also comes ES, with short cd it is roational spell. Im afraid all those buffs will kill awareness during raid/M+ fights.
    Asc is true cd spell, think I will go with it, looks nice also.
    I wish I dont have Akainus, choice about HH/LS would be easier

I wish they would just get rid of Maelshit resource and just let us be mana based again.

Not every class needs a resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf in 3, 2, 1....

My sim dps went bonkers, like 777K to 921k. I havent raid parsed yet but if this true, Im not 100% sure enh shamans even need any numbers love. My shaman is in "Warlock/Fury Warrior" country now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    My sim dps went bonkers, like 777K to 921k. I havent raid parsed yet but if this true, Im not 100% sure enh shamans even need any numbers love. My shaman is in "Warlock/Fury Warrior" country now.
    Yes, we 100% did. And our ST is excellent now. I got the new legendary gloves this morning and my DPS overall has improved massively.
    Our AoE is still horribly weak but T20 actually improves on that one weakness. Tomb is looking very good - IF we don't get nerfed down again before Mythic.

Yah Im feelin really really good about enh shamans now.

Deleted
    Dunno if it's intentional or a bug but if you're in the situation where you have ascendance and use stormstrike before activating ascendance the cooldown doesn't reset so you waste a lot of uptime.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just got the legendary gloves lol. They feel great. It's an incredibly minor dps loss for me (0.3%) compared to the bracers/ring combo but it feels a lot closer to 7.1 enhancement with added benefits.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-06-14 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Nerf in 3, 2, 1....
    Low sample size still but...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ion=3&sample=1

It looks like there's 3 tiers of performers right now. Top outliers are Arms, affliction and destruction. "The pack" is us, demonology, outlaw, frost(dk), windwalker, fury, balance, havoc, assassination, feral, and unholy (less than a 2% spread between these specs - I'm actually surprised at how well balanced they came out for nighthold). A step down from "the pack" is a second "I wish I was part of the other pack" pack with subtlety, marksmanship, shadow, frost(mage), BM, ele, ret, fire, arcane, and survival.

Anyway, point is we don't seem like a clear outlier right now. The spec is definitely strong on these 3-4 min farm kills though.