Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    There's a fine line between constructive criticism and simply wanting to morph a game into something it's not. For example, I've always had it in the back of my mind that if Black Desert Online had just shades of the content I'm interested in, I'd be more interested in playing it. But clearly it's never going to be that kind of game. It makes me sad that the movement and attack animations, and combat fluidity will likely NEVER be seen in a game with rich, interesting and unique PvE. Likewise, FFXIV has all the PvE I could ever desire, but its combat is awful. No game has ever managed to combine "true" action combat with great PvE content successfully, and that's a shame. But certainly, I'm not going around to every forum lambasting games for not being ideal. I find what I can, where I can. Which means I often jump between MMOs very frequently.e
    I tried BDO and got bored really fast. The combat was fun sure, but I don't think I ever saw a single solitary enemy fight back? That part wasn't fun. I also noticed some skills were grossly imbalanced. Like why would I use these 3-4 attacks, when this one attack has no cooldown and does almost 4x the damage and a marginal resource cost? I talked to a few buddys who play end game BDO and they said you just group up enemies, AOE farm them down move on to the next pack.

I uninstalled it right after.

As far as action combat goes, BNS still wins. If you can deal with the art style, the combat is unparalleled. You have ani-cancel combos (basically your DPS buttons must be combo'd rapidly into each other) you have CC, evasion, and defensive skills. A host of utility skills and 2 different fighting styles for each class.

Weaving all your offensives and defensives together feels immeasurably rewarding and is the main reason I still play. The game also boasts some of the best challenging solo content I've played, and the dungeons when you don't overgear them are incredibly fun to do sometimes with fairly complex mechanics. If you ever wanted to try it I'd gladly show you the ropes. Takes like 2 days of playing to hit max level since the streamline (so they say).

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh, what a surprise - the next Overwatch content patch goes live on the same day as the expansion's full launch. I'm sure that, yet again, it's just a coincidence though.
    Not even related games, if you had said Tomb of Sargeras sure I'd argue you could be right about that, but even still these decisions (from both games) are made so far in advance it's tough to say they're deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Not even related games, if you had said Tomb of Sargeras sure I'd argue you could be right about that, but even still these decisions (from both games) are made so far in advance it's tough to say they're deliberate.
    World of Warcraft has always released patches and expansions within 1-2 weeks of every competitor (SWTOR, Conan, FFXIV stuff, on and on). You can't do something repeatedly and still be coincidence.

Blizzard is very good at marketing. They know what they're doing releasing content at the same time as a new competitor. I don't think Overwatch is a case of that, though, since it's indeed an unrelated game and would also be detracting from WoW's stuff coming out around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Kind of surprised nobody is talking about the Live Letter more here or in the other thread.

Yoshida talked more about the 1 dungeon in odd patch cycles. When they looked at their roulettes, FFXIV has 45+ dungeons and it didn't make sense to keep growing at the rate they have been. What they've found is, with ARR the roulette was the key source of tomestones, but as those have become available in other avenues (hunts, PotD, roulettes, raids, PvP), roulette participation tends to be see valleys in odd number patches already. So they felt it made sense to reduce the number of dungeons they release. Even number patches are where new tomestones and gear increases ilvl while odd number patches tend to be maintaining or getting the upgrades for the gear.

As for what the new content taking its place is... He wouldn't go into detail about what the "new content" is, but instead talked about how players have been asking for harder content they can do with 4 man parties and they felt they could redirect resources towards something like that.

So it sounds like possibly more challenging light party content is on the way.

The way people have talked on here lately, I figured this would be the hottest news prior to Stormblood.

- - - Updated - - -

WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME?!?!
    Hopefully they solve the actual issue: not the number of dungeons but dividing them into small roullettes. Which in a game with scaling always seems a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    New World and World Population Balancing Incentives Introduced

The beginning of Early Access marks the opening of Omega, the new World on the Chaos data center (EUDC).

In addition to this new world and the preemptive measures mentioned in Preventing Congestion on High Population Worlds, we have also begun a number of bonus incentives to coincide with Early Access. These measures and bonuses have been implemented to encourage an even distribution of active players across all Worlds, and ensure an enjoyable player experience.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...f136e7c4fe2596
    These are some massive bonuses/incentives...

- No transfer fee to designated realms
    - No gil restriction (aside from it being the actual in-game cap)
    - 10 gold feathers for transferring an already-existing toon (so recruit a single friend and ta-da, you have a Twintania mount)
    - 15 days sub time simply for leveling a new toon to 30 on any job on one of the designated servers
    - House/apartment transfer service

I can only hope that this will go a long way to alleviating the crowded circus that is Balmung (not to mention other servers). If the situation during EA is bad enough here, I'd seriously consider bailing out of here, but I'd have to convince at least half a dozen other people to do the same. Now if I had a bunch of friends waiting in the wings to jump into the game once Stormblood arrives, it would be a no brainer.

part of me want to transfer to buy a large house asap but I have the feeling everything will be buggy and by transferring i won't be able to play the early access because of some issues.

Also why on earth do they still use 100000000000000 codes instead of a single one for early acces etc.

I pre-ordered 3 weeks ago and i entered a code that gave me another code to get the early access. Now I recieved another mail with another code that i have to put on a site to get another code ? like wth

I guess it's a mistake from their part because I think i got 2 early access code.

- - - Updated - - -

I have another question because I think I missed the info somewhere but... will I get a new code for the actual game ( i pre-ordered the collector edition download) or will it automatically upgrade after the early access ? Cheers

Homophobia is so gay.

As I said in the other thread I'm considering Omega but I want to see how it ends up first. If it's another Moogle then hell no. I mean the incentives are nice but I am happy on Phoenix with my Goblet house.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said in the other thread I'm considering Omega but I want to see how it ends up first. If it's another Moogle then hell no. I mean the incentives are nice but I am happy on Phoenix with my Goblet house.
    I am on Moogle, what happened with it ? I recall it was quite populated in arr and early HW. Did the data center thingy mess things up ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I am on Moogle, what happened with it ? I recall it was quite populated in arr and early HW. Did the data center thingy mess things up ?
    Language barrier. Last I remember it was a mostly French speaking server. I don't mean that in a nasty way just I can't speak French.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    People are seriously still trying to blow it off as coincidence? blizz does line up their content patches in wow with other mmos (that are worth a damn). No shame in admitting that. It also doesn't really mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    part of me want to transfer to buy a large house asap but I have the feeling everything will be buggy and by transferring i won't be able to play the early access because of some issues.

Also why on earth do they still use 100000000000000 codes instead of a single one for early acces etc.

I pre-ordered 3 weeks ago and i entered a code that gave me another code to get the early access. Now I recieved another mail with another code that i have to put on a site to get another code ? like wth

I guess it's a mistake from their part because I think i got 2 early access code.

- - - Updated - - -

I have another question because I think I missed the info somewhere but... will I get a new code for the actual game ( i pre-ordered the collector edition download) or will it automatically upgrade after the early access ? Cheers
    You'll get a code for the game itself to activate it. If I recall from Heavensward, you had a week or two to do so.

I did physical CE, so the idea was "You do the early activation code to play Fri-Tue. You *should* get your CE on Tue, but if shipping is delayed, you aren't blocked from playing"

The early access codes go for all pre-orders. Your CE code is associated with granting you your bonus items, so it's separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Language barrier. Last I remember it was a mostly French speaking server. I don't mean that in a nasty way just I can't speak French.
    i'm on moogle and i barely see any french
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i'm on moogle and i barely see any french
    Lot of us do speak english actually, maybe that's why ! If you see a "plz" there is a high chance it's a french talking player ^^
    But yeah, before ARR came out. It was decided on most french fansite that Moogle would be the home of the french community (for new players mostly) and Ragnarok the home for the 1.0 french community.
    And thanks for the clarification @Faroth

Homophobia is so gay.

also any ideas when the download for early access for pc starts?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    These are some massive bonuses/incentives...

- No transfer fee to designated realms
    - No gil restriction (aside from it being the actual in-game cap)
    - 10 gold feathers for transferring an already-existing toon (so recruit a single friend and ta-da, you have a Twintania mount)
    - 15 days sub time simply for leveling a new toon to 30 on any job on one of the designated servers
    - House/apartment transfer service

I can only hope that this will go a long way to alleviating the crowded circus that is Balmung (not to mention other servers). If the situation during EA is bad enough here, I'd seriously consider bailing out of here, but I'd have to convince at least half a dozen other people to do the same. Now if I had a bunch of friends waiting in the wings to jump into the game once Stormblood arrives, it would be a no brainer.
    So I can transfer for free? Do I still get the sub time if I transfer my character or it has to be a new one
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    also any ideas when the download for early access for pc starts?
    Probably sometime during the 24hr maintenance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crustion. Does anybody know where the 4.0 msq starts and also rdm trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I can transfer for free? Do I still get the sub time if I transfer my character or it has to be a new one
    Has to be a new character created on one of the designated servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME?!?!

You'll get a code for the game itself to activate it. If I recall from Heavensward, you had a week or two to do so.
    Early access ends on 23rd, so one week after start - just a bit annoyed since my Collector's is estimated to be delivered on 22nd. Would it really be that hard to send them early?

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...ac06cca462cfc4

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No idea on MSQ but last I heard RDM trainer was Uldah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    RDM will be somewhere in Ul'dah, specific location unknown. I assume 4.0 MSQ will start in the Rising Stones.