Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the average American and assassination. It seems since Bush Americans have been kinda wanting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump says the assailant died

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What is with the average American and assassination. It seems since Bush Americans have been kinda wanting it.
    The U.S. has a history of presidential assassinations that have been very romanticized.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never see it as a valid point. Recently a law was repealed to allow wackjobs, people who had basically been in a mental ward to get guns.
    Where? And it still is because the definition of "wacko" can vary. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You are of course allowed to express your opinion. I am sure the odds are we will know how this shooter got his weapon and if it was legally obtained or not. So the paper trail will be evident. But there are many cases which is not the case. The black market will exist no matter what laws are passed. Same as what happened in Paris last year?
    Right and that is entirely my point. Until there are facts in place there is no way to prove anything. I am for American citizens to be allowed to carry and own firearms. I am for stricter gun laws as well, but I am absolutely against disarming the entire country because of BS. No middle ground has been reached and it is honestly because all solutions presented are one way or the other, disarmament or no laws whatsoever. The only thing we can use is the logic behind it to see where the issue is. America is a violent place, we were founded on violence. We also arguably deal with the most fallout in regards to social issues that were a problem long before the country was even founded, i.e. slavery wasn't only an America problem, murdering and ostracizing homosexuals isn't only an America problem, racism isn't only an America problem, but we do get the bulk of the spotlight for these issues. Thus we are an angry ass country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Did he pass some kind of legislation or sponsored something that have lost people jobs or something?
    No, but I'd wager this shooter was militarized by the medias portrayal of anyone you disagree with as the "enemy".

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a so-called conservative stab people on a subway after ranting at Muslims.

We had a so-called liberal shoot at GOP congressmen.

Either they are both mental illness or they are both domestic terrorists. You don't get to pick and choose based on your ideology. I can't stand how disingenuous people are about this. It needs to be the same set of rules.

Frankly, anyone who does stuff like this can't be right in the head. You don't willfully take the life of people you don't know (excluding obvious stuff like accidents and self defense) if you're right in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    There's no alternative. If the argument is that a ban is unconstitutional and ]the free flow of firearms should continue uninhibited, then this is the consequence of that argument and decision. The people who were targeted today have to accept that.

There's no way around it.

Dont muddy the waters. Nobody is saying EVERYONE should get a firearm. However, like I stated, if you pass ALL background check (criminal, psychological, etc..etc..) and pass all purchase requirments (3 day, 30 day waiting period, no straw purchase, no gifting etc..)

Having said that, then yes, there is no way around it. If you are going to allow common citizens to own firearms then you have to accept that there will be deaths. Just like if we allow people to own pools there will be a certain amount of drownings, just like if we allow people to own motor vehicles there will be a certain amount of accidents/deaths and kids left in hot cars. Just as if we allow people to store chemicals in their homes, there will be a certain number of kids who will die from poisoning. Just as we allow people to drink alcohol, there will be deaths from it. That is the price of that freedom.

Your method seems wrong. You seem to ignore a few details. Sad, Kek is displeased.
    I was using your logic to come to that conclusion, perhaps it is the instructor. "Gun laws brought down crime in this one state by 0.0000000001%, therefore gun laws are great".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am well aware of this reversal and support it. Because it puts some people on a mental disability based on bullshit reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where? And it still is because the definition of "wacko" can vary. :P
    http://thehill.com/regulation/317634...a-era-gun-rule

The House voted 235-180 to roll back a rule that required the Social Security Administration to report people who receive disability benefits and have a mental health condition to the FBI’s background check system. The database is used to determine eligibility for buying a firearm.

Critics said the rule stripped Second Amendment rights from people who are not dangerously mentally ill, such as those who have eating disorders or mental disorders that prevent them from managing their own finances.

The National Rifle Association opposed the rule. While the group says it supports keeping guns away from the mentally ill, it said the determination about who is mentally ill should be left to the courts.
    It was a pretty bad argument. Since it was only used for background checks and likely view able that this person had an eating disorder and not paranoid schizophrenia. But they gt rid of it since the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    No, but I'd wager this shooter was militarized by the medias portrayal of anyone you disagree with as the "enemy".
    The media goes out of their way to sugar coat everything the Republicans do. Maybe he was militarized by the Republican Party actively trying to pass legislation that will kill hundreds of thousands of people? Maybe he was militarized by the republicans destabilizing the entire middle east by aggressively starting a war?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    I was using your logic to come to that conclusion, perhaps it is the instructor. "Gun laws brought down crime in this one state by 0.0000000001%, therefore gun laws are great".
    But you ignore time. Thats pretty needed. Whoopsie doodles.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The media goes out of their way to sugar coat everything the Republicans do. Maybe he was militarized by the Republican Party actively trying to pass legislation that will kill hundreds of thousands of people? Maybe he was militarized by the republicans destabilizing the entire middle east by aggressively starting a war?
    What media are you watching? Did I just imagine the Daily Show, Colbert, SNL, etc?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was quiet, had some mental issues, loved his mom, seemed nice

10+ Year Old Account
    The shooter has died from his wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    What's unfortunate is that they're doing their best to pass stuff without debate. They're not interested in engaging. The new plan is screw the other side even though they are the majority.
    Don't pretend that democrats don't do the same when they have a majority, because they do. If you don't have to win a debate to pass a measure, then you simply pass it and move on. Both sides do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shooter has died from his wounds.
    darn, now we wont get to interrogate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    We had a so-called conservative stab people on a subway after ranting at Muslims.

We had a so-called liberal shoot at GOP congressmen.

Either they are both mental illness or they are both domestic terrorists. You don't get to pick and choose based on your ideology. I can't stand how disingenuous people are about this. It needs to be the same set of rules.

Frankly, anyone who does stuff like this can't be right in the head. You don't willfully take the life of people you don't know (excluding obvious stuff like accidents and self defense) if you're right in the head.
    That requires consistency. Neither side can be consistent about shit.

Shooting one Congressman is a tragedy. Consigning tens of thousands of people every year to death from lack of insurance is a Making America Great Again.