Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What the hell is that Grave Warden skin. From an archangel of death to hobo of death?
    It's related to the Grave Keeper in the "lore".

What the hell is that Grave Warden skin. From an archangel of death to hobo of death?
    He looks more like a guardian of ancient tombs(complete with his wielding the khopesh, a sword of ancient Egypt)

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    To be fair, Malthael needs to go to melee range or land a difficult skill-shot to apply the Mark. It is not as easy as it sounds.

Yeah, but Kerrigan generates shield even when stunned. It only gives you 25% damage reduction and applies Mark, the ability gains insane value only after level 16 when you have Black Harvest completed and unlock Memento Mori. I mean, the ability is not as bad as I make it sound, but it gains value mainly out of level 13 and 16 talents and makes you to risk your positioning.

On the other hand Last Rites allows you to duel pretty well and if you stack it up, you get an execute ability on 15 second cooldown. Realistic only at level 20, but every death matters at that level.

EDIT: However I have suspicion about Last Rites bug. When I used it on Kharazim who Divine Palmed himself, I wasn't getting quest progression on any kill I made after that. I mean, yeah, preventing death makes it logical I didn't get a stack. However several times after that I killed him with it, I didn't get any reward.
    I have been playing Malthael a good bit last night and I have to agree with your assessment. When he gets rev'ed up AND he is not being focused he can cause devastating damage.

I, too, also agree with the Last Rites being a more universally useful heroic where Tormented Souls is best used for team fight madness. I can see some nice possibilities with Tormented Souls though. You could lead in a mist, then teleport with your wrath strike. Pop Tormented Souls, get in a few soul rips while spreading your reaper's mark then GTFO with fear the reaper. You can even take inevitable end if you are fearful of CC on those moments within their team before you GTFO.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been roleplaying John Donne when playing Malthael.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I got into QM and faced a Valeera and Zeratul, GG I thought with the vision and all, but holy shit did their burst fuck me up.

That one's sneaky, you think you'll win but you wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I've only played a few matches with Mal and I'm not crazy about him so far. He's so freakin sick though that I want to like him. I'm not giving up on him yet...

Lmao! I'm not a fan of it either. It's not bad on its own but I much prefer his default skin. Hobo of death xD

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Okay, I've only played a few matches with Mal and I'm not crazy about him so far. He's so freakin sick though that I want to like him. I'm not giving up on him yet...

Lmao! I'm not a fan of it either. It's not bad on its own but I much prefer his default skin. Hobo of death xD
    I find he is really good for tightly bunched up team fights against mostly melee. With Fear the Reaper (necessary with a crash of melee) and Cold Hands you can usually get in touch everyone you want and kite away without getting too damaged. Obviously ANY ranged are going to be trouble mostly for the reason they are spread out and as a result cannot get a good self sustain from Soul Rip not to mention touching them is harder.

I think the dichotomy in belief whether he is OP or not partly stems from this. He is good against melee but not against ranged. Another thing is that he is pretty good at face tanking tanks but not melee assassins (depending on talents). Then to add further complexity his level 13 defensive talents can be a big difference especially the physical Armor talent. Having 45 armor to auto attacks depending on who you are up against can make it seem he's invinicible while in other cases completely defenseless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Hero has some potential, but I don't find him good now which is mixture of current meta direction and Hero himself.

Currently the meta is heading into Heroes who are hard to kill because of their mobility and time limited defensives (Think Illidan's Evasion, Genji's Deflect or Chen's Elusive Brawler) with potential for snap kills and good map presence. This is pretty much heavy counter to a relatively easy to lockdown Hero with a slow damage.

However as a Hero he feels very reliant on landing Death Shroud, which is not easy at all. If you fail to afflict people with Reaper's Mark and start darting around on marked enemies, you are basically sitting duck. In short, I think he needs a bit more mobility outside marked targets and another mean to reliantly apply mark. The change I would like to see is being able to use Wraith Strike on targets without Reaper's Mark on them, but incurring double the cooldown as downside. It would help him avoid lockdown, but still enforce the original usage.

I might be wrong, but this is just my impression after playing him outside of Quick Match.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did some stuff for science, copying Malthael as Abathur does lets you use the other Malthael's dot to jump to a target. But it does seem like the dot itself does not stack. What I am really curious about is if Abathur clone's dot contributes to Malthael's quest....I will have to do some more testing for science.

Edit: I did test it, and no it does not work that way. Another bug is Dva's mMech gives exp if Abathur copies it and it dies.
    Last edited by apepi; 2017-06-16 at 02:17 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

is Li Mings teleport supposed to cancel his ult btw? not that a malthael should be placing it on her if there are better choices but i noticed it drop off a li ming escaping a bad situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    is Li Mings teleport supposed to cancel his ult btw? not that a malthael should be placing it on her if there are better choices but i noticed it drop off a li ming escaping a bad situation.
    Did she have Diamond Skin? A 20% shield will negate a large chunk of Last Rites. She would need to be on 20% HP or less for Last Rites to kill her outright through Diamond Skin. At 33%HP (the kill threshold for an unshielded hero), she would instead live with 10%HP. At 60%HP and above, Last Rites will eat the shield and deal zero damage her health
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Get some tape or blu tack and get that q key held down.

Last rites getting canceled if you applied it on falstad while he uses his Z?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Last rites getting canceled if you applied it on falstad while he uses his Z?
    Shouldn't be, he doesn't go Immune.

In fact, He can be killed by Abathur mines in flight due to him being coded as still being on the ground.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think Last Rites should go through armor and immunities. Person lives through it because they ice block... Or Varian shield blocks... Or Uther heals them which makes it deal no damage... It is no fun. It has so many counters and it is so hard to hit.

Deleted
    I am hideous with the guy. No real engage, no escape (yes yes, the lvl 1 talent, hardly saves my ass, i use it frequently), shroud is insanely hard to hit vs any range char, and to top it off, he does hardly any dmg Oo IF black harvest is complete and i have memento mori AND i manage to hit a couple of enemies in a fight, i get decent numbers, but no overwhelmingly good numbers. And even then i die. Horribly. Duelling is hard to impossible vs most chars, even tanks.

i MUST do something wrong. Can you help me? :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I honestly think Last Rites should go through armor and immunities. Person lives through it because they ice block... Or Varian shield blocks... Or Uther heals them which makes it deal no damage... It is no fun. It has so many counters and it is so hard to hit.
    Nope

For the same reason you would never pick Pyro on Kael, or Temporal Loop on Chromie, against a team with immunities...

Just take the other ult. If you took Last Rites against an immunity-heavy team, thats just bad play
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Nope

For the same reason you would never pick Pyro on Kael, or Temporal Loop on Chromie, against a team with immunities...

Just take the other ult. If you took Last Rites against an immunity-heavy team, thats just bad play
    I just think some things just counter it too well. Tormented Souls is easily the the better ult, it gives you armor and more sustain. It is picked 71% of the time and has a win rate that is 11% greater than Last Rites. This is a buff that Last Rites needs. We already have many things that stop 'unstopable' things, why can't we have something that goes through immunties? Why can't we have one ability that counters it instead of it being a counter to this ultimate? You do not understand how saddening it is to almost kill a target and it not working. It is so hard to pull off, the range sucks, and you are most likely going to die because everyone then targets you.

- - - Updated - - -

I also played a full Malthael game in the Brawl. It was...saddening. Almost everyone grabbed Last Rites...It was so laughable. People were using it like they had no idea how it actually worked, they used on people with full life.....A few got one kill with it, I ended up with 3 or 4 with it...haha.

what would be some good alternative skins?

Original Recipe Angelic Malthael for sure.

Tal'darim Malthael

Sha'Thael

Toxic Sludge Monster Malthael

I'm glad that they introduced Malthael to the game. I hate this dual/triple tank shit meta and full CC team that comes with it, he is truly a tanks buster.