36 10.84%
  • 120- 130

56 16.87%
  • 130 and over

186 56.02%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    If we put all the mmo-c members who posted in this topic in one room we could at least solve this global warming thingy people keep talking about.
    And that would be just a start
    We could solve the problem in time for Happy Hour. The hard part will be surviving the airstrike on the bar once the Trumplicans read the memo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I just did a quick google, doesn't the ring cost over 150+?
    Yeah but my IQ is nowhere near good enough. Still think its worth if you could.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Can't say for sure. Some things I instantly memorize. Like, if someone would correct me on the spelling of a word. Never again would I misspell it and I can't figure out why people would have trouble memorizing it. But when I want to tell the person how stupid they are if they repeat the same mistake twice, I realize I forgot the person's name, so I silently go to a corner to reflect on my actions instead.
    Memory can be tricky. Pretty much anything I see or read, I can remember. Books, maps, wiring diagrams, it's all there. Remember a person's name, not happening. It's like my brain stores faces and names in separate databases. I can recognize people by their footsteps as they come out the elevator down the hall, I know if they're left- or right-handed and how high they set their desk, I know which car in the parking lot is theirs, and yet I have to sift through the company org chart if I need a name.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    My level of IQ 123

7+ Year Old Account
    127...good times...now i don't feel like a complete idiot for burning my pasta

lol

All those armchair geniuses here.

Laughing at all the nerds here that are pretending to be stupid, when the vast majority of you are probably more intelligent than myself.

Being intelligent is noting to be ashamed of. I don't understand why some people seem to think it is a curse.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You make the fundamental mistake of thinking that these online tests measure IQ, whatever that may be, or intelligence as a whole. That's simply, factually, not the case. The premise of this thread is not "how do you score on this online test of abstract reasoning?".
    I think you're being overly cynical and skeptical. IQ (which an online test cannot really measure appropriately) is just an arbitrary value... most IQ tests revolve around logic and puzzle solving, two things which I excel at. We try to quantify intellect into a number, to make it easily comparable, when it really isn't. That's also why I provided a little further background. Not sure why you chose to question me specifically.

Personally, I think intelligence (real intelligence) comes in many different forms. While logic, puzzle solving, reading, and a few other areas where I'm good, mechanical is not my forte. Some people intuitively (maybe with a little training) know how to take an engine apart and put it back together. Emotional intelligence, while I feel I'm above average, I wouldn't say I excel at. I think we all have different areas which we excel, but oftentimes we only give credit for a particular type of intelligence.

As for my background, I've been in talented and gifted programs all my life growing up, in Honors and AP classes. When I find something that interests me, I excel at it, but when something is boring to me, I usually don't care and just get by. If I were to analyze myself, it wouldn't be a lack of intelligence (however you wish to define it) that is holding me back, but a lack of drive and motivation.

Last time I had it professionally checked - was 143.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Laughing at all the nerds here that are pretending to be stupid, when the vast majority of you are probably more intelligent than myself.

Being intelligent is noting to be ashamed of. I don't understand why some people seem to think it is a curse.
    Ummm. In your opinion but in mine it is. Think about it for a few minutes and try to think of the CONs.... Then put yourself in a situation where you're telling a joke to a 5year old and then have to explain it over and over and over and over...... Even try to tell a 5year old how to trouble shoot anything in life repeat till you die. ignorants is bliss and being average or retarded is better. Meh... What do I know I am borderline retard anyway.

Tell why this post exist? Oh that's right for lols..

Going back to shoving crayons up my nose and you sir have a Greeaaaattt... day.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain to me how IQ tests calculate intelligence and I'll tell you how it's all bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.
    An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.
    My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.
    I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).
    I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.
    Psychology, I actually understand better than people with degrees. Unlike engineering, there's no aspect of psychology which I don't have a very good understanding of. I can debunk many of even Sigmund Freud's theories.
    I'm a good enough writer that I'm writing a book and so far everybody who's read any of it has said it was really good and plausible to expect to have published. And that's not just, like, me and family members, that counts strangers on the Internet. I've heard zero negative appraisal of it so far; people have critiqued it, but not insulted it.
    And yet here you are, posting on mmo-champion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    And yet here you are, posting on mmo-champion.
    That was a copypasta from reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was in high school I was considered to have a learning disability. I was bullied a lot and it depressed me to not do any school work. But then one day some lady took me from lunch time and did some tests on me. At the time I didn't think it was a IQ test, but I later found out it was. She showed me what the average was and that I scored beyond their testing range. I didn't think anything of it, except later on the school was accused of incorrectly labeling students with learning disabilities to get more government funding. While walking in the halls my Principal just told me off for no reason. Later I found out my test was responsible for getting him fired.

I haven't taken a serious IQ test since. For shits and giggles I did an online test while eating and got 110. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by the time i'm voting, about 170 people must be close to the 75 mark, while 31 others may be past 130.

Oh, BTW, mine is around 14.

Verbal Comprehension: Two.

Perceptual Reasoning: what?

Working Memory: umm?

Processing Speed: processing...

Over All: Bananas.
    Last edited by CoastGrowler; 2017-06-14 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ethereals are actually animated toilet paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    That was a copypasta from reddit.
    Tfw too low iq for reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never taken an IQ test, but I'm 100% certain my IQ is over 200.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I've never taken an IQ test, but I'm 100% certain my IQ is over 200.
    haha...

Priceless... Even the quotes.... Jesus lol. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    About as much you would be to pay for rating.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...
    Reminds me of during the Apollo astronaut era. NASA has to change all the names for condoms from small, medium and large. They condoms were the urine collection apparatus. They were having issues with condoms slipping off because the astronauts weren't giving their correct sizes. The astronauts weren't willing to accept they weren't anything but a large. So, NASA just renamed the sizes to large, gigantic and humongous. The problem was solved.
    I am guessing this was around the time I......
    shoved some crayons in my nose it went like this... There I was all alone on the swing wheel with a box of crayons and it had blue, yellow, red... and.... oh I love red.. Where was I? Oh that is right green, purple, white, black, and the light blue I forget the...... Oh wait... Nevermind I was no where near the swing wheel, I was in the back of the classroom and I already got the red one in and the blue one halfway and then the teacher screamed.. She was scared and while she was coming towards me I heard a mumbling about some condoms. Poor lady should not have to fret over the sizes. Time is up.... I guess I will press more buttons

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just took the 30 minute Wechler Test. Got a 44 which puts me the 99th percentile. With an IQ of 135 or greater.

Doesn't give me a breakdown though.

http://wechslertest.com/quiz_result/NDQ%3D/OTk%3D

Not sure if I trust that number. While I like to think I'm above average intelligence, I'm definitely not 99th percentile.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-06-14 at 07:42 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    130 and over
    178 55.97%

Course lads, course.
    -K

IQ tests are overrated. They merely measure cognitive ability.
    With that said, it is my opinion that many people in this thread are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.
    Have a nice day everyone!