10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    In the SB trailers she has replaced it with a medium but its a rough stone not an ornate crystal.
    Now that I think of it, that would make sense as we saw her first using her sword during the fight against WoD (Warriors of Darkness) (Soul Surrender patch 3.4) which was released 9 months ago and we hadn't received any news regarding RDM and their magicked crystal medium at the time.

She might be the one after all, but highly unlikely still. (As the trainer/job NPC, not as RDM)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That was still better than the awful PLD quests.
    Dunno about that. "Chase down this dude to recover our old treasured sword" was a little more entertaining than "cleanse this taint left behind by some sketchy-looking lizard girl".

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Now that I think of it, that would make sense as we saw her first using her sword during the fight against WoD (Warriors of Darkness) (Soul Surrender patch 3.4) which was released 9 months ago and we hadn't received any news regarding RDM and their magicked crystal medium at the time.

She might be the one after all, but highly unlikely still.
    I imagine she will be there in Rising Stones and just give us a quest to go meet a travelling RDM in the black shroud or something who taught her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I will never understand why they felt it necessary to change the storyline from 50-60. I mean I get the other classes, yeah, those all wrapped up in ARR, so it had to happen, but they could have built the 30-50 storyline to extend from 30-60. The ending was the best. Then I was summarily let down. Well not that much, because I had already done the WAR questline, which has always been absolutely dumb.
    DRK 30-50 was amazing, Summoner is still my favorite from 30-60 though as it kind of all fits together. DRK 50-60 would have been fine if the stupid moogles weren't involved and it was just about the girl and Sigurd protecting her.

Nothing else really stands out honestly, they were all pretty meh.

AST was pretty great - it gave a lot of lore in regards to Sharlayan and seeing the constellations of the cards manifest in the sky was very cool.

If anyone here is having or knows people having trouble with early access codes, mine was sent to my yahoo mail but not only was it invisible but the paragraph above it said "Your code will be sent shortly, sorry for the inconvenience." If you click "cant see this page" it opens as a web page and not only adds the invisible code so you can see it but changes the paragraph above to, "This is your code." Clicking "Show images" does not work or change either the invisible code or paragraph.

Spent awhile with email support, chat support and phone support before noticing the email said "Refresh the web page" when all I had was an email. Maybe I'm a derp but hoping to help anyone also having the issue.

I don't know if you guys noticed but... today is the last day of "Heavensward". After midnight the servers go down for maintenance and then we have Stormblood... its finally really happening.

DRK 30-50 was amazing, Summoner is still my favorite from 30-60 though as it kind of all fits together. DRK 50-60 would have been fine if the stupid moogles weren't involved and it was just about the girl and Sigurd protecting her.
    DRK 30-50 is probably my favorite by far. SMN 30-60 was pretty freaking cool too and it ties into the main story a bit which again was pretty cool. The other ones that somewhat stand for me personally were Pugilist and Thaumaturge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    DRK 30-50 is probably my favorite by far. SMN 30-60 was pretty freaking cool too and it ties into the main story a bit which again was pretty cool. The other ones that somewhat stand for me personally were Pugilist and Thaumaturge.
    I was really surprised when the 30-50 DRK story came to an end was really good I did like giving NPC's the more colorful respones the story gave you,

I clarified after this answer that during the even numbered patches there will be two dungeons in the roulette. The one that is added in the odd numbered patch will bring the expert roulette to three dungeons in total.

From a Twinfinite interview with Yoshi. So basically that 1 dungeon goes together with the other 2 as part of EX Roulette. So 3 dungeons in the pool but still 1 less overall.

I don't know if you guys noticed but... today is the last day of "Heavensward". After midnight the servers go down for maintenance and then we have Stormblood... its finally really happening.
    25 hours till the download starts on PS4!

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I will never understand why they felt it necessary to change the storyline from 50-60. I mean I get the other classes, yeah, those all wrapped up in ARR, so it had to happen, but they could have built the 30-50 storyline to extend from 30-60. The ending was the best. Then I was summarily let down. Well not that much, because I had already done the WAR questline, which has always been absolutely dumb.
    I suppose we can only hope they "revisit" certain aspects of that questline in the 60-70 series. Being intentionally vague as to not spoil it for anyone (because it's definitely not worth spoiling).

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what sort of shenanigans we'll have on Balmung before the servers go down to bring Heavensward to a conclusion. Pretty sure we'll have some mount parades in Idyllshire. I mean hey, if the server's gonna go down anyway, why not send it down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Pretty sure we'll have some mount parades in Idyllshire.
    Oh is that what they call it on Blameme nowadays? §ԾᴗԾ§

15+ Year Old Account
    Wtb 30 minute long read patch notes.

I agree with others, the 30-50 DRK story was wonderful. 50-60 with emolizard was underwhelming. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take most of the jobs, though I expect NIN will disappoint me cos I LOVED the Rogues and HATED the Domans.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh is that what they call it on Blameme nowadays? §ԾᴗԾ§
    That sort of mounting, heh, would occur in Ul'dah, if anywhere publically (and in my various scampers through town, I've not once seen anything of that sort in the city...or even in our infamous Quicksand). Run across the more...questionable forms/acts of RP out and about in pretty much no man's land, aka if I'm out hunting A ranks.

To clarify what I referred to previously: We formed a loop throughout all of Idyllshire using behemoth mounts. I suppose you could call it a behemoth cent...oh Rhalgr, why did I just conjure that idea up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I agree with others, the 30-50 DRK story was wonderful. 50-60 with emolizard was underwhelming. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take most of the jobs, though I expect NIN will disappoint me cos I LOVED the Rogues and HATED the Domans.
    The Rogue's Guild had several characters on your side with personality. The only personality (that I found interesting) in the entire NIN story was Karasu. Maybe we'll run into him again now that we're going to be in Othard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The Rogue's Guild had several characters on your side with personality. The only personality (that I found interesting) in the entire NIN story was Karasu. Maybe we'll run into him again now that we're going to be in Othard.
    Yeah, I despised him especially. I hated his whole taunting dipshit routine, and felt no sympathy for him when they tried to change it up later in the story. I just wanted to see him die slowly and painfully.

I really liked the PGL story, I wish they'd revisit some of those characters, but alas...Ala Mhigo.

There got all caught up with the main quest and logged out in the rising stone

still wish blue mage was a thing but I'll have to stick with AST for now. I'll level summoner after AST though, with the new changes I'm digging it's more summon/ruin focus and less it's DoT crap
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I really liked the PGL story, I wish they'd revisit some of those characters, but alas...Ala Mhigo.
    You never know. One of the dungeons in SB is called The Lord of the Fists or something along those lines. I just know it had Fist in the name. On top of this you see the characters from the Thaumaturge story in some of the cutscenes during one of the trailers.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-15 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish early access was up already

guess i'm gonig to have to actually do something productive tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i wish early access was up already

guess i'm gonig to have to actually do something productive tomorrow
    I'm just finishing up some PS4 games that I had that were close to being done. Just got through Infamous First Light... wasn't a big fan. Playing through Order 1886 at the moment and I'm liking it a lot but I also love that type of setting. After that I'll probably do Uncharted 4 and Life is Strange. Yes... I have a tendency to play a game and then leave it at the final leg.

I can't wait for when patch is up and people start data mining. I'm curious what people will fish up.