Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying Ryanair aren't shit (they managed to break the neck of an expensive les paul my twin owned that was checked in under fragile goods) but it's not the woman's fault. To be fair as well, they send out multiple reminders (text, email) so he really has no excuse. Yeah the policy is pretty shit but taking it our on her solves nothing.
    He apparently didn't even check in, hence the 50 euros fee.
    He didn't want to take it out on her. He wanted to speak with the supervisor. She could have been relieved of his presence if she just called her boss.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    How did he even get to the gate if a pre-printed pass is required? They require this in India and they won't even let you in the building without it. Sounds like a failure of the airport, can't blame the guy for being upset.

Also notice the classic female defense of turn on the wet works to garner sympathy from white knight beta cucks like the one with the glasses telling them to take the mans phone "BECAUSE" he is recording it, NO sorry mister authoritarian white knight beta man, They can not take his private property just BECAUSE. The only ones that can take and hold it is if it is a cop if it is part of a crime or retailer that sells them under a contract for in case of it being stolen.

You humans really need to be crushed. I'm so sick of all of you.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Well, that is all we have. So to avoid a conversation based on assumptions, we are discussing the events that we have evidence of.
    So, you're basing your opinion on the behaviour of this employee based entirely from a one-sided story with an obvious agenda...?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So, you're basing your opinion on the behaviour of this employee based entirely from a one-sided story with an obvious agenda...?
    Do you have additional information that we can based this conversation on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are we sure she had a supervisor on call at the airport at that moment?
    Good question. If not, she could have simply stated that there currently is not a supervisor in which he may speak to, then perhaps offer him a phone number, or email address to which he can file his complaint. At that, she could then just let him know that she is required to follow policy and will still require the printing fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Not sure why you are making this about Americans, but ok. Let's look at the video -

He didn't act out of hand at the start of the video, at least, and asked for a supervisor.
    She didn't answer that, and instead threatened to call security on him.
    Ask anyone who has ever worked retail if someone calmly pulls out their phone and only starts looking like an ass after putting themselves on the record, and they'll start laughing at you. The video portion was an escalation, not the initiation.

As for why I'm making it about Americans, it's largely because it's a cultural phenomenon most highly pronounced inside the US. American's consumer based society is intrinsically connected to driving sales by pushing for absolute customer satisfaction, often at the detriment of those actually interacting with said consumers. It's not only something you can observe by travelling around the world, but something you can read up on pretty easily in books covering the American business model and the psychological aspects of pushing for customer retention.

So at this point, things are already going out of control. Do you think this is how a customer service representative should act? Should ignoring someone be the norm? Ignoring someone in normal situations is already a horrible thing to do and an easy way to piss someone off, why would you think you can apply it to a job and have it produce better results?
    Like above, you're looking at only a portion of the interaction. I work retail. There are plenty of situations where the only thing to do is to call the police and then try to get something done because quite simply there are plenty of other things that need to be done.

Customers shouldn't get to treat you like shit just because they are paying, I agree, but I don't agree that a customer service representative can treat you like shit as well. It's a two way street here.
    As far as I'm concerned, once a customer starts throwing out race comments, there is no further discourse to be had. It's basically taking any sort of constructive outcome and executing it with a shot to the head. The only outcome at that point is that he now has to leave, or be lawfully and forcefully removed, and take it up with customer service who are actually there to take his concerns.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-06-14 at 08:50 PM.

He didn't want to take it out on her. He wanted to speak with the supervisor. She could have been relieved of his presence if she just called her boss.
    I dunno about that. When talking to the guy at the end, the woman had clearly left and he was still insulting her, he also didn't need to make it that personal if he just wanted to see a supervisor. He wasn't forced into doing that, he fucked up and instead of paying the fee like everyone else would be expected to, he got pissy, which in the end didn't solve his problem.

A month ago we have a guy not follow the rules, clearly not follow directions, get beat up by airport security, and the airline is demonized everywhere.

Today, we have a guy not know the rules, is presented with shitty customer service, makes a woman cry, and it's somehow his fault.

Are the posted rules supposed to define right/wrong, or is it just our feels that determines who is to blame when situations get out of control?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have additional information that we can based this conversation on?
    No, but I'm also not making opinions on how this woman is performing her job based on assumptions like half the people in this thread are. We don't know how she tried to remedy the situation before he started filming, we don't know Ryanair's internal policies on how to deal with irate customers, and we don't know if they even have a Supervisor on call at this moment in time.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    -snip-
    I worked retail for a couple of years when I was younger. I don't agree with your assessments about what you said, nor that things are always so black and white as you make it out to be working in retail. We will just agree to disagree here because obviously your experiences differ from mine and we will get nowhere arguing about them.

For the record, it was Walmart, and they actually go through extensive lengths to make sure you understand how a customer service rep should act like. Maybe an, "American" thing as you said, but again, I doubt this is something we will come to an agreement on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    How did he even get to the gate if a pre-printed pass is required? They require this in India and they won't even let you in the building without it. Sounds like a failure of the airport, can't blame the guy for being upset.
    I was wondering this too - surely he had something to get thru security?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    At least in western countries, people who aren't actually boarding are allowed to the gate all the time. That lets you see people off directly on the flight, such as children going internationally without their parents, or greeting someone as they get off. In places like the EU where there are so many different languages in such close proximity, it's pretty standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about that. When talking to the guy at the end, the woman had clearly left and he was still insulting her, he also didn't need to make it that personal if he just wanted to see a supervisor. He wasn't forced into doing that, he fucked up and instead of paying the fee like everyone else would be expected to, he got pissy, which in the end didn't solve his problem.
    I feel the latter half where he became agitated or even aggressive was due to being addressed by the guy in glasses. It was fine until that guy jumped in. He escalated an already unpleasent issue.

Although, cheers to the actual defuser, the guy who was speaking calmly and attempting to smooth over the issue. He actually sounds like someone who is trained in dealing with high stress situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I was wondering this too - surely he had something to get thru security?
    Connecting flight, he mentioned it briefly in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    A month ago we have a guy not follow the rules, clearly not follow directions, get beat up by airport security, and the airline is demonized everywhere.

Today, we have a guy not know the rules, is presented with shitty customer service, makes a woman cry, and it's somehow his fault.

Are the posted rules supposed to define right/wrong, or is it just our feels that determines who is to blame when situations get out of control?
    Are we really equating a guy being physically assaulted by security personnel to some asshole acting up being petulant? Really?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least in western countries, people who aren't actually boarding are allowed to the gate all the time. That lets you see people off directly on the flight, such as children going internationally without their parents, or greeting someone as they get off. In places like the EU where there are so many different languages in such close proximity, it's pretty standard.
    Someone has to have a boarding pass, they don't let you stroll on in for no reason.
    Connecting flight, he mentioned it briefly in the video.
    Ah, ok that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    To be fair, she should have gotten her manager. She handled that unprofessionally by pretty much ignoring him while he was speaking to her, though it is hard to say what went down before he started filming. My guess is she told him he needed a boarding pass and refused to do anything to help him beyond saying that, so he go pissed. He over-reacted to be sure, but she should have tried harder to help him fix his situation.

Those white knights should have just minded their own business to be honest. Them trying to interfere is what set him off. There were other staff there that could have intervened as well. Very unprofessional overall.
    You're blaming her for what exactly?

Not going to extraordinary lengths to make his day better? The video clearly demonstrates he isn't a good guy in need of a break. He's rotten to the core, cancer of society and deserves no accomodations in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not in the USA. No boarding pass means you don't get past ticketing.

Isn't that how we judge everything? Not by logic but by emotions?

He could be there 10 min. and curse at here and then start recording.
    If you do that to me i would just scream ISIS and point my finger at you.