Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I never understood why players do the effort (no matter how much or little it is) to get tokens to save some euro's/dollars... who cares about 20 or 50 or whatever bucks ? Time is so much more valuable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Still cheaper to buy gold *elsewhere*, then buy wow tokens.
    yes
    and more likely to get
    hacked
    scammed
    banned

so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what did all these moaners do to pay for their game for the first 12 years of Wow's existance before stuff like the token existed?...

Damn you ActiBlizz, right?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I never understood why players do the effort (no matter how much or little it is) to get tokens to save some euro's/dollars... who cares about 20 or 50 or whatever bucks ? Time is so much more valuable.
    There's a big difference between having a lot of gold just by playing (which does pile up if you don't spend it on luxury goods like AH/Heirlooms/mounts).

Or actually just playing for gold to save money for another game, which is dumb since wow costs money in the first place.

I had 300k in 5.2, gave 290k to my guild when I quit for 3 years.

Easily made 3 million in Legion without crazy AHing, so I financed 9 character transfers with just gold during the sale and 140k/token, would I do it again? No way, not at current service & token prices.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-14 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes
    and more likely to get
    hacked
    scammed
    banned

so....
    Not really lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really lol.
    yes
    yes really

yes
    yes really
    Hacked - Authenticator???
    Scammed - Money back on most sites
    Banned - Never

Not me, but then I'm not exactly keen on feeling upset by the rule of supply and demand... Every new game, new expansion, new mount, transmog set or whatever added to the store will "wreck the token econ"... Only, it only "wrecks" it for the people buying. Those selling probably think it's awesome. It's entirely fine that the economy fluctuates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I wonder what did all these moaners do to pay for their game for the first 12 years of Wow's existance before stuff like the token existed?...

Damn you ActiBlizz, right?
    They barely scraped by paying 12 euro a month I reckon. At least, that's what one would think going by the whine out here.

It's definitely frustrating. My issue isn't with Destiny 2 specifically, but rather their earlier decision to not keep the WoW token restricted to a closed circuit within WoW, and allowing the token to be put towards Blizzard store credit. That's where it went wrong for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Banned - Never
    people can easily get past your authentication if they have the right information
    lol "money back" sure
    banned? yeah plenty of people do, dont try to act like gold buyying is 100% safe

people can easily get past your authentication if they have the right information
    lol "money back" sure
    banned? yeah plenty of people do, dont try to act like gold buyying is 100% safe
    Player Auctions

wreck it? what do you mean?

i mean who wouldent want to spend 20$ to get 130k

oh wait you mean the other way

idk if you know this but there is two ways to an economy.

if the price of an item goes up, yes those buyying it are harmed, but those selling are doing much better

item was 30k, people selling where only getting 30k, rather lame, those buyying were spending 30k to get 15$ rather good
    item is now 130k, people selling are now getting 130k! much better, those buyying are now spending 130k to get 15$ rather lame

yes it means you cant buy each month as easily but those who want to buy gold can buy much more
    It's currently 227k on EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    It's currently 227k on EU
    and?
    oh sorry let me change it for you
    wreck it? what do you mean?

i mean who wouldent want to spend 20$ to get 227k

oh wait you mean the other way

idk if you know this but there is two ways to an economy.

if the price of an item goes up, yes those buyying it are harmed, but those selling are doing much better

item was 30k, people selling where only getting 30k, rather lame, those buyying were spending 30k to get 15$ rather good
    item is now 130k, people selling are now getting 227k! much better, those buyying are now spending 227k to get 15$ rather lame

yes it means you cant buy each month as easily but those who want to buy gold can buy much more

allmost like i was using the US as an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion1 View Post
    I really feel like this is an issue but maybe I'm over thinking it... guess it's about the big picture for Acti-Blizz
    Was this the first time there was a huge rise after an announcement ?
    No.

So how exactly did that alone "wreck" the token economy ?
    Answer - it didn't.

What the reality is - you don't like the price rise, so follow the typical Blizzard or Activision bashing routine.

Banned - Never
    Someone is unaware, willfully maybe, of the Man in the Middle attacks, which did do just that, bypassing the protection of the Authenticator.
    Short version, malware would intercept your login attempt in the client, allowing 3rd party using the authenticator code to log in.
    Your attempt would be altered to prevent the login from your side.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-14 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I feel like we've had enough massive shocks to the token price already that people have stopped freaking out about them. I know I'm quite resigned to the fact that, periodically, something will cause a demand spike and the gold price for token will go up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    It's definitely frustrating. My issue isn't with Destiny 2 specifically, but rather their earlier decision to not keep the WoW token restricted to a closed circuit within WoW, and allowing the token to be put towards Blizzard store credit. That's where it went wrong for me.
    Have to say, that's where it went right for me. I'm pretty happy about getting hundreds of dollars worth of other games and game products for free.

Other game has zero to do with it. They want ppl to buy tokens, they make more money when ppl buy tokens. Token prices were destined to raise to stupid levels because the company wants to make more money. Other game has absolutely nothing to do with it.

They are up around 10-20% because of destiny, but they didn't ruin it, what "ruined" it was when they made them from sub money only to bnet balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    NA isn't really messed up though. there was a small spike, but its back to 130k.

5+ Year Old Account
    I most definitely do not use in game gold to purchase tokens anymore. That was short-lived. I do like selling tokens though.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    NA isn't really messed up though. there was a small spike, but its back to 130k.
    Really the only time the token might have a meaningful spike is when they start taking preorders for the next expansion and tbh the way they're headed I don't even know if that will do it.