Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And if we changed the law they wouldn't be illegal anymore. Which is yet another demonstration of why something being the law is distinctly separate from the discussion as to the cost/benefits of it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's becoming more pronounced as American politics become more acrimonious. The distinct sense of political 'othering' that the Republicans started in the Bush era is simply being taken to its natural extension whereby the opposition is much less that and more an enemy to be extirpated.
    What are you going to change the law to? That anyone can immigrate the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Suck it up buttercup, this is post PC culture remember.
    What does political correctness have to do with anything we are talking about in this thread? Stop being an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The left just can't stop themselves, absolute children. From the protests of Trump which did nothing but injure people and destroy property while showing their hypocrisy, fake hate graffiti of badly drawn swastika's etc to blame right sided people, to the liberal biased media peddling bullshit after bullshit to further radicalise themselves. It's just unbelievable how infantile many of them can be and have been. Look at all the morons here who jumped on this Russia thing, it was complete and utter bullshit from the start yet people were that radicalised by the msm into hating Trump they left common sense and the better part of their brains well behind.

Now its come to this, radicalised bernie bros/democrats shooting at republican politicians from outright brainwashing.

Also a bit hilarious when some of the democrats speaking out now about the shooting are the same who have been tweeting out 'blood in the streets' and to 'rise up and fight'...
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What are you going to change the law to? That anyone can immigrate the US?
    First off, I'm going to point out that illegal immigration from Latin America only became a real 'problem' after the US started imposing border controls with Mexico. Prior to that the people who came here did so on a purely seasonal basis primarily in agriculture; they came, worked, and then returned to Mexico once the season had ended. It was only after crossing the border became difficult and dangerous that crossing and staying became incentivized.

Obviously totally unrestricted immigration isn't feasible, but that does not make the present law remotely good. It punishes otherwise law abiding people that contribute immensely to the American economy and society through the work they do and the goods they consume. What there needs to be is draconian punishments for companies that employ undocumented workers and pay them below minimum wage, as well as a far more flexible and rationalised work visa program that provides a fast track to citizenship.

I'm also going to note that most 'illegals' come here legally, they simply overstay their visas; something that has about similar legal weight as jaywalking, oddly enough. It's better for everyone involved if we stopped attaching 'illegal' as if it were some sort of moral identifier, because it isn't and is only used as a pretext for racially motivated prejudice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    The left just can't stop themselves, absolute children. From the protests of Trump which did nothing but injure people and destroy property while showing their hypocrisy, fake hate graffiti of badly drawn swastika's etc to blame right sided people, to the liberal biased media peddling bullshit after bullshit to further radicalise themselves. It's just unbelievable how infantile many of them can be and have been. Look at all the morons here who jumped on this Russia thing, it was complete and utter bullshit from the start yet people were that radicalised by the msm into hating Trump they left common sense and the better part of their brains well behind.

Now its come to this, radicalised bernie bros/democrats shooting at republican politicians from outright brainwashing.

Also a bit hilarious when some of the democrats speaking out now about the shooting are the same who have been tweeting out 'blood in the streets' and to 'rise up and fight'...
    Gabrielle Giffords says hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    never heard of that.. but i'm against that production to.
    Why, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If only we had some kind of sane gun laws that would help prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    When the person with the gun decides its time ofc. thats the wonder of it.

Remember the current president said during a rally that if Hillary Clinton won the election the only once's who could stop her would be those who believed in the 'right to bear arms'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post

Are you ignoring all of the trump supporters that have killed minorites... People on both sides are acting like absolute cancer currently.

Do you have a source for that last claim?
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-06-15 at 12:41 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But then the security detail that would still have access to guns wouldn't have had guns to return fire! Wait...
    Yep the plain clothed security detail saved the day by having guns. Had they not the whole ball field could have been massacred

Why, exactly.
    i'm against any depiction of a sitting president being killed, esp by a play like those 2. Neither Obama nor Trump or any previous have done anything near bad enough to remotely justify it imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Yep the plain clothed security detail saved the day by having guns. Had they not the whole ball field could have been massacred
    Police and Security detail would've had guns regardless of the ban but the shooter might not have gotten a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Police and Security detail would've had guns regardless of the ban but the shooter might not have gotten a gun.
    Not necessarily, a limited amount of police in the U.K. Have guns. So if some had there way things would be just like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, a limited amount of police in the U.K. Have guns. So if some had there way things would be just like that.
    Is the U.S. the U.K.??

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Is the U.S. the U.K.??
    i believe what I said was if some peeps had their way the gun laws would be the same as they were in the U.K. For which a limited amount of police have guns

They dont have guns because they choose not to carry them. A gun ban wouldnt have hampered their ability to do their job. They might not have needed to with one honestly.

First off, I'm going to point out that illegal immigration from Latin America only became a real 'problem' after the US started imposing border controls with Mexico. Prior to that the people who came here did so on a purely seasonal basis primarily in agriculture; they came, worked, and then returned to Mexico once the season had ended. It was only after crossing the border became difficult and dangerous that crossing and staying became incentivized.

Obviously totally unrestricted immigration isn't feasible, but that does not make the present law remotely good. It punishes otherwise law abiding people that contribute immensely to the American economy and society through the work they do and the goods they consume. What there needs to be is draconian punishments for companies that employ undocumented workers and pay them below minimum wage, as well as a far more flexible and rationalised work visa program that provides a fast track to citizenship.

I'm also going to note that most 'illegals' come here legally, they simply overstay their visas; something that has about similar legal weight as jaywalking, oddly enough. It's better for everyone involved if we stopped attaching 'illegal' as if it were some sort of moral identifier, because it isn't and is only used as a pretext for racially motivated prejudice.

- - - Updated - - -

Gabrielle Giffords says hi.

Just so I don't misunderstand you

Your contending that the majority of the seasonal workers got temporary visas and overstayed them? Yea they are a great benefit, because they cost slightly more than slaves. I agree that business that hire them should be punished 100%. However I think that logically we need to pass a law removing citizenship from birth of 2 non Citizens. English should be declared the national language, and states and cities that harbor illegal aliens that commit felonies should face the same punishment.

The situation is fucked up and the current laws don't work. Perhaps we need to legalize everyone here now and then shut the border down

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Its scary when something like this happens so close to where you live. I drive by this field every week on my way to Sunday Volleyball.

I love being American but I hate how gun obsessed this country is. I wish we were more like some EU nations with extremely strict gun control laws. How many more people have to die before people get it. But wait 2nd amendment murica don't take meh guns blah blah blah...
    Yeah because the law abiding should be punished because of the acts of the vast minority y9u like their laws feel free to go live there
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Guns saved lives today ������

The nutjob could have just have easily had a knife or a bomb and could have harmed or killed many people but he was put down with a gun

Guns saved lives today ������

The nutjob could have just have easily had a knife or a bomb and could have harmed or killed many people but he was put down with a gun
    I doubt one person could've done much with a knife. I agree with the bomb part though and vehicles are another option. If we can eliminate one option and start focusing on fixing the next problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Just so I don't misunderstand you

Your contending that the majority of the seasonal workers got temporary visas and overstayed them? Yea they are a great benefit, because they cost slightly more than slaves. I agree that business that hire them should be punished 100%. However I think that logically we need to pass a law removing citizenship from birth of 2 non Citizens. English should be declared the national language, and states and cities that harbor illegal aliens that commit felonies should face the same punishment.

The situation is fucked up and the current laws don't work. Perhaps we need to legalize everyone here now and then shut the border down
    You can't just shut the border down because cartels make money in the billions. They will always find into this country for money like that but we can kill the illegals reason for coming here. We can also under cut the cartels and stop locking up non violent drug abusers for exercising their rights as adults.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-06-15 at 01:09 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I am sure the police in every area of the country can respond to a critical life and death situation in less than a min. :P

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt one person could've done much with a knife. I agree with the bomb part though and vehicles are another option. If we can eliminate one option and start focusing on fixing the next problem.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just shut the border down because cartels make money in the billions. They will always find into this country for money like that but we can kill the illegals reason for coming here. We can also under cut the cartels and stop locking up non violent drug abusers for exercising their rights as adults.
    You need to read up on the number of times and carnage attackers with only knives have inflicted to defenseless victims. In some situations, a knife can be just as deadly as a firearm.

True. We will never be able to stop all illegal immigration or smuggling across our border, just as we will never be able to end all senseless killings. But we can reduce them.