Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    FR was broken game design. The current iteration is just extremely boring game design. Can't say one is necessarily superior to the other, but I can see how someone would've enjoyed FR more even with the glaringly retarded problems it had.
    What was broken about it, and what were the glaringly retarded problems? I see these posts and yet the posters aren't able to elaborate on such comments with any actual reasoning.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    FR was here only to buff damage from one skill, which I personally find pretty bland, and was better not because of what the skill itself did, but because of how much rage it could process on demand.

That's my gripe with it : you picked FR because it synergized well with the rest of the kit, not because of the skill itself. For me that's not good design, I'm okay with picking passives that make the spec flow better (Raging blow for fury, Dauntless / OpS for arms for example), but I don't like having to pick active skills so I can use them only to make the spec work better with an added bonus of a little more damage on one skill. The fact that FR was still dominant after getting nerf twice (I think ?) speaks volume as to what was wrong with it imo.

FoB build processes more rage baseline, as does Rend / Op build, so FR isn't needed. I'm sad that FR isn't viable anymore because it's always sad to have less options available, but I'm happy it's not mandatory anymore to play it only so we can process rage.

I was toying around with arms last night... feels way different than fury for sure.

What is the go to talents at the moment... i had no idea what i was doing. But i will say i hated FR in EN. You push a button multiple times to buff one other skill? Booooorrrrinng.

Deleted
    Check out the arms compendium linked in the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Check out the arms compendium linked in the sticky.
    Thank you! I didnt see that stickied before..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What was broken about it, and what were the glaringly retarded problems? I see these posts and yet the posters aren't able to elaborate on such comments with any actual reasoning.
    As someone who didn't like the play style...it was a few things really. First, I'm going to agree that the changes we got are in no way a good replacement. It's boring now and at least in my extremely short testing the build that is supposedly the best (at least before the hotfix) I was still seeing dry spells of where tactician wouldn't proc and since MS wasn't worth using outside of SD you would just be wasting a ton of rage on measely old whirlwind. Though I will say I'm enjoying the execute phase over Fury's and it's pretty damn nice.

Now for my problem with FR. I don't really like that it just buffs another ability but I frankly I could live with that as it did add some complexity to the spec rather than just a simple rage dump. My problem really was with the entire build's play style and the problems with the class itself. That being target switching, lack of AoE, etc. And honestly it's been pretty nice not having to worry lack of rage with Fury. With the build, the problem lies in the fact that it ended up being just mindless spammed with all of your other abilities and DC/AM was basically required for it making cooldown phase extremely repetitive and annoying where you were having to continue with your standard rotation in addition to DoS WHILE having to just mindlessly spam the ability as much as possible every 30ish seconds with AM.

Frankly it would have worked better if it wasn't being spammed off the GCD as much as it was especially during CD phase. I didn't even want the build removed. I just wanted it to be optional. FR would have even just been ok to me if it was simply something that you spent excess rage on while still prioritizing all of your standard abilities inside and out CD phase. Other talents needed to buffed rather than the playstyle nerfed to the ground.

Just an option from someone who disliked it not because I couldn't play it but because of the style itself. I've kept up with my arms gear and rotation all xpac and I continue to do so. I play it just fine. I just didn't like it...and frankly still don't. Maybe T20 and trinkets would change that. That or maybe a different talent set up than Daunt/Trauma/FoB/IftK/OS.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-06-14 at 06:43 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

From Warcraftlogs.com it seems like Blizzard made Arms Warrior pretty OP in 7.2.5. Congrats guys!

Deleted
    Can someone confirm stat weights for me? Should I be aiming for more haste now? Or is mastery still the go to?

Well, FR locked players into one specific talent setup (DC, AM, Dauntless, Avatar, and of course FR), and anything else was so far behind in DPS as to be unviable, making the entire talent-system a moot point, on top of that everything stacked on MS, so to keep MS with all buffs on it reasonable (In other words, to keep it from popping opponents like soap bubbles), MS base damage had to be kept low (Note the buffs to MS now FR is pretty much out of the picture), which added to the other specs being unviable...

So if a spec has two talent options, namely "DC/AM/Dauntless/Avatar/FR" or "gimping yourself", yes, that is bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smidz View Post
    Can someone confirm stat weights for me? Should I be aiming for more haste now? Or is mastery still the go to?
    If the arms compedium is up-to-date after the arms nefs, you should go for

Without tier 20 4p:
    Mastery > Haste > Versatility = Strength = Critical Strike

With tier 20 4p:
    20% Haste (10% with IftK) > Mastery > Haste >= Critical Strike = Strength = Versatility

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    From Warcraftlogs.com it seems like Blizzard made Arms Warrior pretty OP in 7.2.5. Congrats guys!
    Well we knew that well before the patch even launched, people are mad (or well, I am?) because they turned it a brainless spec. The overpoweredness will be tuned out anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Well we knew that well before the patch even launched, people are mad (or well, I am?) because they turned it a brainless spec. The overpoweredness will be tuned out anyway.
    i dont think its brainless, rend weaving is quite engaging on some bosses, for me at least. With its short duration you have many decisions to do.

So many fruitcake fury switching to arms.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, FR locked players into one specific talent setup (DC, AM, Dauntless, Avatar, and of course FR), and anything else was so far behind in DPS as to be unviable, making the entire talent-system a moot point, on top of that everything stacked on MS, so to keep MS with all buffs on it reasonable (In other words, to keep it from popping opponents like soap bubbles), MS base damage had to be kept low (Note the buffs to MS now FR is pretty much out of the picture), which added to the other specs being unviable...

So if a spec has two talent options, namely "DC/AM/Dauntless/Avatar/FR" or "gimping yourself", yes, that is bad design.
    What the fuck is wrong with you? There is always one single best build for each class and each spec for most fights, usually with 1 or 2 changes required for couple of situations,not around the core of the spec but peripherals of it. When was the last time you were changing talents for the same fight each week cause you got bored of the previous one or w/e? And I don't mean just the dauntless-> Overpower type of change but the core talent change on any other character. Have you been playing fury with massacre lately? Or Carnage? No? I wonder why...I can't see any people crying about Inner Rage on forums even though they're essentaily "locked into this specific talent setup". If you don't like current iteration of a spec then reroll, quit the game or deal with it, crying around only fucks things up for other people who enjoy that iteration and results with tottaly retarded mid-expansion redesigns that nobody likes.

From what I've seen on blizzard forums mostly, is that those who had been crying over FR build for months were exclusively those who barely touched raiding at all or in rare cases barely started HC raids when the M progression was done for dozens of houndreds of guilds. They won't be satisfied with anything that demands more than 2 keybinds cause they can't learn to use it properly in any case and probably an off GCD ability that is supposed to be used constantly was making them brainfart.

FR was overpowered at the beggining cause apparently half a year of PTR and constant player feedback is not enough to release at least partialy balanced spec in blizzards case lately. Later on was nerfed heavily but the wrong way which resulted in it being so RNG dependant it made me sick everytime I was playing it and that's the only broken and frustrating thing about it. Anyway now we're whirlwinding all the time, soon it's gonna get nerfed and we'll drop WW and we're going to end up with a spec that is only good for 3 target cleave fights and still competing with warlocks and shit even at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What should I spec for PvP now?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    What should I spec for PvP now?
    Any answer will be only valid for a day, tops.

Art by draken4o

I'm no hardcore raider, just a casual scrub but I just started fiddling around with Arms a couple of weeks ago and I was amazed to find the FR playstyle very similar to Gladiator from WoD. I was so happy then I started doing research and was saddened to see it go.

They already nerfed MS by 30% in pvp lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    those are the us logs from before the hotfixes, in eu arms warrior yesterday were doing like 300 k less than the us guys

I dont undertsand this whole discussion whether this or that build is or was better. I dont care as long as i can play arms warrior, because i played it always and i will play it further, no matter which talent tree...almost everyone wished some changes...now there are changes and some ppl still complaining...just try to make the best out of it and lets hope there wont be any major nerfs incoming.. =)) arms ist still fun to play, when you arent a grumpy old man^^