Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Right. I mistook stand-alone with "being a full game, and not just a couple new missons or skins". The new Uncharted DLC is stand-alone because you wont need uncharted 4 to play it. The horizon DLC will be like the Dying Light xpac, or the Witcher 3 xpac where you need the base game to play it. That's why the price is 20 bucks, like Dying Light and Witcher xpacs. I still fully expect to get 15+ hours of new story mode and scenery though. Which is what I love about devs that do that.
    oh certainly. my eep refers entirely to the release date. that is such a long time away :/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    oh certainly. my eep refers entirely to the release date. that is such a long time away :/
    chances are itll be out before that so dont worry. december 31 is always a placeholder whenever they say "coming 2017 or 2018" if they dont give an exact date.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Right. I mistook stand-alone with "being a full game, and not just a couple new missons or skins". The new Uncharted DLC is stand-alone because you wont need uncharted 4 to play it. The horizon DLC will be like the Dying Light xpac, or the Witcher 3 xpac where you need the base game to play it. That's why the price is 20 bucks, like Dying Light and Witcher xpacs. I still fully expect to get 15+ hours of new story mode and scenery though. Which is what I love about devs that do that.
    I would be careful about expecting 15 hours out of this DLC. The Witcher 3 and its DLC were the exception, not the rule. Not saying it's not going to happen, but unless they state it, I wouldn't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I would be careful about expecting 15 hours out of this DLC. The Witcher 3 and its DLC were the exception, not the rule. Not saying it's not going to happen, but unless they state it, I wouldn't expect it.
    Ya thats always a possibility so I definitely wont be holding my breath. Ill wait until reports come out about it. But it seems like the "good" devs are heading that way. Witcher 3, Dying Light, Uncharted, Rockstar(before GTA 5 online) did it often as well. Borderlands 2 devs did it as well. Im just giving them the benefit of the doubt right now. And to me these developers are all top notch above the rest.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    A lot of times Dec 31st is used as a placeholder date just so they can start pre-orders of it so it may very well be earlier can of course also be later. And looking at this years calendar it definitely is a placeholder since Dec 31st is a Sunday and games always release on a Tuesday.
    Last edited by WintersLegion; 2017-06-15 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    A lot of times Dec 31st is used as a placeholder date just so they can start pre-orders of it so it may very well be earlier can of course also be later. And looking at this years calendar it definitely is a placeholder since Dec 31st is a Sunday and games always release on a Tuesday.
    Yep its placeholder. Even the trailer did not look quite 'ready'. Only thing said in the interview was that it gives player more lol. Extends the world etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my hand on this game. I saw all the videos etc but it still doesn't do it justice when playing the game, it's amazing to look at.
    Enjoying the combat and story a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Finally got my hand on this game. I saw all the videos etc but it still doesn't do it justice when playing the game, it's amazing to look at.
    Enjoying the combat and story a lot too.
    I couldn't stop doing the main story quest after a certain point, I had to ignore most of the side quests cuz I wanted to know what was next lolol. Game was really good.

Deleted
    Patch 1.30 today - Adds New Game+, Face Paint Options, Ultra Hard Difficulty, More

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...fficulty-more/

Edit: new weapons, cosmetic stuff, etc. is exclusive to NG+ Hard/Very Hard/Ultra Hard difficulty settings. Nothing for people who just want to play the game once or want to prepare for the DLC. /sad
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-07-06 at 01:35 PM.

Can you not do the Ultra Hard mode outside of NG+?
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game recently. It's really pretty, the story seems interesting enough. The combat is infuriating. Shelved it because the combat was way too annoying for me.

I may pick it back up again in a few months if I feel so inclined. But the combat was too unbalanced for my liking.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

what issues did you have with the combat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I bought the game recently. It's really pretty, the story seems interesting enough. The combat is infuriating. Shelved it because the combat was way too annoying for me.

I may pick it back up again in a few months if I feel so inclined. But the combat was too unbalanced for my liking.
    Whats is wrong with the combat? Thats what makes the game...

Maybe you need to rethink you approaches?

Every machine has different weaknesses and tactics to exploit against them. Hell, game might start to feel too easy once you get it down. Did you know Sawtooths are suicidal?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Whats is wrong with the combat? Thats what makes the game...

Maybe you need to rethink you approaches?

Every machine has different weaknesses and tactics to exploit against them. Hell, game might start to feel too easy once you get it down. Did you know Sawtooths are suicidal?
    I don't remember what the bow is called but it's the one with the arrows that detonate and remove parts. Love tripping up a Sawtooth, removing their stomach cover, then shooting them with fire arrows. Or blowing off a Thunderjaw launcher and killing them with their own weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I don't remember what the bow is called but it's the one with the arrows that detonate and remove parts. Love tripping up a Sawtooth, removing their stomach cover, then shooting them with fire arrows. Or blowing off a Thunderjaw launcher and killing them with their own weapons.
    I used to hate those giant birds but I ended up farming them once I got a decent tearbow. It goes from this monsterous beast to being at my mercy after I dismantle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Anything that can use tearblast arrows

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to hate those giant birds but I ended up farming them once I got a decent tearbow. It goes from this monsterous beast to being at my mercy after I dismantle it.
    ^ perhaps this is my issue. Maybe I just have all the wrong equipment. I got to level 20, and have mostly Carja weapons.

I do read the tips on how to kill the enemies and such, but I still found it to be spongy.

Perhaps my issue is that I have attempted to go too far for my level? Even humans take 2 head shots to kill in the areas I am.

The enemy that did it for me was the Storm Birds. I had only JUST gotten a rope caster while I was attempting to complete the Hunters missions. They wanted me to kill a few storm birds and collect their trophies. Just 1 of them would absolutely wreck me. 40 arrows...no damage. Even after locking them to the ground with a rope caster, and shooting their weak points with what ever the Index tells me to, they took way too long to kill, and they end up killing me super fast. Am I supposed to die in 1 or 2 hits from basically any enemy? Is there a better way to increase my resistances? I see armor for sale, but it is either ranged, melee, corruption, or elemental. I haven't seen anything with multiple resistances on it.

I just really don't like the combat, likely because I am doing it all wrong, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time you encounter the storm bird you should probably haul ass. The packs behind are a lot worse (depending on what path you too. The game has no problem letting you wonder into fields of death. In fact you want to stick to the roads and get to Meridian ASAP if your at the part I think youre at, you can quest at the outpost along the way but level/progression wise youre not supposed to venturing too far off the roads in the area yet.

Some tips:

You want to have multiples of the same weapons (cheaper variants work too) but with different mods. So I might have a Hunter bow that has +tear and another with +whatever. At the very least you want all elements represented across your arsenal.

My general loadout is my regular bow, tearbow, my slingshot thing (the elemental one) and a ropecaster. Thats when Im running and gunning.

Same as the above goes for armor. Multiple sets for multiple situations. So one with mostly fire resist, ice resist, ranged, etc. Dont worry so much about base stats but the number of mods slots something has and what you have to put in it.

Storm bird specific tips:

Wear armor with lighting resist. Ranged helps to but you really want the lightning resist. If you dont have a tearbow then get one or your wasting your time. Use your regular to poke at it, keep it aggrevated but what you really want to do is to use tear arrows to rip the boxes off its wings. Theres also two canisters near its neck that you can expose and hit (with fire or lightning damage iirc) to cripple the bird. The ropecaster is waste of time with them until it have tear or an element on it (whatever the bird is weak to, i dont remeber). At early levels you want to tear the crap out of its wings, causing to to land more often so you can melee it. If all fails theres friendly patrols that frequent the road and a hunters lodge new by. The bird cannot enter airspace above the lodge, in fact its size with cause it fly in restrictive patterns to you advantage if you put kite it near the lodge, back to the platform to go in (you have to learn how close you can get to the lodge but its about where the path forks off the top of my head). Just let the NPCs do most of the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed it, loved it, but have no interest in 100%ing it. I actually found it a bit mundane at the end, not that the battles were easy. I can't put my finger on it, I actually found it a slightly less interesting Tomb Raider, which is weird because its got far more variety.

Still a 9/10, I actually didn't find the combat as much fun as i'd hoped.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-07-07 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time you encounter the storm bird you should probably haul ass. The packs behind are a lot worse (depending on what path you too. The game has no problem letting you wonder into fields of death. In fact you want to stick to the roads and get to Meridian ASAP if your at the part I think youre at, you can quest at the outpost along the way but level/progression wise youre not supposed to venturing too far off the roads in the area yet.

Some tips:

You want to have multiples of the same weapons (cheaper variants work too) but with different mods. So I might have a Hunter bow that has +tear and another with +whatever. At the very least you want all elements represented across your arsenal.

My general loadout is my regular bow, tearbow, my slingshot thing (the elemental one) and a ropecaster. Thats when Im running and gunning.

Same as the above goes for armor. Multiple sets for multiple situations. So one with mostly fire resist, ice resist, ranged, etc. Dont worry so much about base stats but the number of mods slots something has and what you have to put in it.

Storm bird specific tips:

Wear armor with lighting resist. Ranged helps to but you really want the lightning resist. If you dont have a tearbow then get one or your wasting your time. Use your regular to poke at it, keep it aggrevated but what you really want to do is to use tear arrows to rip the boxes off its wings. Theres also two canisters near its neck that you can expose and hit (with fire or lightning damage iirc) to cripple the bird. The ropecaster is waste of time with them until it have tear or an element on it (whatever the bird is weak to, i dont remeber). At early levels you want to tear the crap out of its wings, causing to to land more often so you can melee it. If all fails theres friendly patrols that frequent the road and a hunters lodge new by. The bird cannot enter airspace above the lodge, in fact its size with cause it fly in restrictive patterns to you advantage if you put kite it near the lodge, back to the platform to go in (you have to learn how close you can get to the lodge but its about where the path forks off the top of my head). Just let the NPCs do most of the work.
    Thanks for all of that!

So it seems that, yes, I am ill equipped. I have 1 of each weapon, and only 1 set of armor, which is geared towards Stealth.

I got to Meridian, and even farther. I was getting concerned that I was running way too far ahead of my level, so I started going through my side quest list trying to get more xp and rewards. Seems i'm going to have to stack up some more cash in the game and get more weapons and armor if I want to progress forward.