Thread: chromie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I don't get how you are complaining already. If you hadn't looked it up on YouTube and wowhead you wouldn't even be done yet.
    What are you talking about? Plenty of us did it without guides. You have unlimited attempts so it's merely trial and error.

Oh, this epic box I chose gave me a skip to one of the portals? Maybe there's a skip for every one of them.
    Oh, these easy to kill rares drop multiple hourglasses? Definitely worth killing for a chance at a drake or box.
    Oh, I found a chest that gave me 1-3 hourglasses... I wonder if each shrine has one.

It's incredibly straightforward. Using a guide would probably mean saving an hour or two tops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    It needed to be harder.
    I don't think it can in terms of boss difficulty. It's not tailored for each class individually, it's tailored for all of them. Take Warlock and Mage. Mage doesn't stand a chance against a Warlock when it comes to solo'ing "ease", so if they make it hard for Warlocks, it'd be a nightmare or even impossible for Mages.

Deleted
    I tried it, there was some stupid Gnome talking with whiny voice and you had click some dudes. Got bored and annoyed. Quest abandonedd, because gnnh. Thank god the raid is coming next week...

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I don't know if it's just my bad luck, but I've gotten to timelord without much rep grinding (only did it when I was 1k away and this run was already a failure), opened like 20 boxes and have never seen a CoS or Well skips, only Hyjall and Andorhal, every single time. Also never had 3 skips in one go. Always about 3 minutes behind on time.
    I've done a ton of runs so far and still never seen a Strat or Wells skip. I think they are just incredibly rare. Frankly Wells is probably the quickest IF you can keep Chromie from pulling the entire zone. I've got to Strat with enough time to beat it a couple times now (usually thanks to Anderhol skips), but Chromie keeps bugging out on me inside Strat...very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I haven't done it cause it looks boring and pointless.
    The chromie event is basically the everything an MMO should not be. Its solo content, it awards nothing, and its easy. What were they thinking?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I've done a ton of runs so far and still never seen a Strat or Wells skip. I think they are just incredibly rare. Frankly Wells is probably the quickest IF you can keep Chromie from pulling the entire zone. I've got to Strat with enough time to beat it a couple times now (usually thanks to Anderhol skips), but Chromie keeps bugging out on me inside Strat...very annoying.
    Wells is incredibly fast. You kill the first demon then run all the way to the orb and there's a single demon you need to kill, and if you do this quickly enough you don't have a dog spawn running up to you keeping you in combat. From there you just need to chain to the boss and kill it.

Stratholme takes the longest by a good margin, and Chromie indeed has a tendency to go AFK inside the town hall for some reason.

I think this whole thing is a good example of Blizzard's design philosophy in Legion though. In the temple you have "guards" that don't really do shit but will attack you if you accidentally click on the huge pile of players standing next to Chromie (you know, instead of giving you an isolation bubble around her like they do in other cases like this), and the fundamentally most important thing about the scenario is RNG, which is a typically bad design theme running throughout Legion. RNG is synonymous with lazy design. It takes no effort to think up X things then say "well let's just randomly roll so we don't have to make any decisions." That's opposed to carefully planning out things with intent or even worse designing a system where people are given the ability to make tradeoffs on their own to optimize gameplay however they want. Chromie's scenario has the possibility of being a good amount of fun, but even when you feel like you've mastered it, that sense of accomplishment is instantly robbed because you got a Stratholme key, and if you want to do it skip-free, you end up getting a bunch of useless bonuses rather than damage or speed, rather than being able to enter the instance and say "okay, I want to 8/8 with no skips." No matter how you WANT to play this instance, it ends up being dictated by RNG which is stupid and lazy.

Deleted
    they could have implemented a cool mount dropping from the last(if you have completed all 3 before) boss of the portals with 1%

Don't see the problem here. You played it for 5+ hours finished it, good stuff. The casual player will likely take a week or two to finish it and thats fine too.

Luckily the patch had some other content, battle pet dungeon will take 5 more weeks/clears to get all pets, ToS opening soon, BW Timewalking next month, this patch should keep people busy for a few weeks or even a month.

Heirlooms out too, can finally level some alts quickly.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-06-15 at 08:46 AM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

It is some of the most fun I've had in WoW in ages. (As solo content)

I sincerely hope they will make more like it, because it's pretty darn enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I cant finish it with my 905 unholy dk...6/8 time up..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    It is some of the most fun I've had in WoW in ages. (As solo content)

I sincerely hope they will make more like it, because it's pretty darn enjoyable.
    I'm with you here, loved it infact, was a nice time out from usual activities.
    Seems no matter what blizz does, you will have some come out with "it's boring, it's annoying, I don't want to do it"
    Well, you are not forced to do it...

Liked it a lot better than the Withered Training, which was just tedious and annoying having to micro manage the pets. Chromie is nice in that you can just brute force it and RNG your way through, or if you don't want to do that you can just wait for more talents to unlock which will make it way easier. Kind of wish there was more long term stuff to do in there once you get 8/8, though.

Quote Originally Posted by laumotor View Post
    I cant finish it with my 905 unholy dk...6/8 time up..
    Your ilevel doesn't matter, you get scaled to ilevel 1000.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    they could have implemented a cool mount dropping from the last(if you have completed all 3 before) boss of the portals with 1%
    Knowing Blizzard, it would be an HD Bronze Drake, which would be fitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Knowing Blizzard, it would be an HD Bronze Drake, which would be fitting.
    recolour of timewalkingdrake

10+ Year Old Account
    so you did it in the quickest possible manner and burnt out. thats okay, theres a raid coming out in 4 days

im glad i only did a bit of the chromie scenario so theres something to hold me over
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Wells is incredibly fast. You kill the first demon then run all the way to the orb and there's a single demon you need to kill, and if you do this quickly enough you don't have a dog spawn running up to you keeping you in combat.
    I agree...most of the time. Depending on patrols, sometimes this isn't possible. For example, I just did a run where there was a guy patrolling right along the edge of the well, where you generally sneak by all the infernals. It's rather random, but in general it is by far the easiest. It's just that 1 time out of 10 RNG can really screw you with patrols and Chromie hanging out far behind you pulling more mobs.

I really love when chromie just stops working and fucks your run.

Why the hell is the time limit under the "Bonus objectives" heading, I mean the entire scenario ends if the time runs out.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Why the hell is the time limit under the "Bonus objectives" heading, I mean the entire scenario ends if the time runs out.....
    You can fail the bonus objective and still win due to Stolen Time.

Finally got it with 3 skips. Guess which one I didn't get a skip for...

Note: Kill yourself after doing Well as that appears to be where she starts potentially bugging out.