Thread: BM dps 7.2.5

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

BM dps 7.2.5

How do you guys find your DPS (BM spec) after 7.2.5 so far?
    I found it disappointing the least, so i went to look at the top parses and i see we are at the bottom long with survival. Unfortunately i am not allowed to post links here to show you.

So what about you?

Well tuning is still being adjusted, tomb has not been released yet so there are no logs with any raids of players with full 4 sets yet, and everyone is at the end of tier so unless a few guilds are pushing that last minute mythic guldan kill, nobody is trying to push hard right now.

Ask us again in 3 weeks when people start getting full tier sets and tomb trinkets as well as 970 BIS legendary gear.

As far as parses over the last day or two, BM is looking pretty decent actually so not sure what you are looking at but they sort of have BM on top of hunters and pretty well up there on top. Hopefully you read the right statistics because you can't gauge off of theoretical ptr data for t20

7+ Year Old Account
    I found my dps and parses to improve but it has not been long enough for more parses to show so I may have done better or worse. I did switch to the stomp build and I really enjoyed it, too bad it probably won't be a thing soon unless things change (I hope so, its great!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceylina View Post
    Well tuning is still being adjusted, tomb has not been released yet so there are no logs with any raids of players with full 4 sets yet, and everyone is at the end of tier so unless a few guilds are pushing that last minute mythic guldan kill, nobody is trying to push hard right now.

Ask us again in 3 weeks when people start getting full tier sets and tomb trinkets as well as 970 BIS legendary gear.

As far as parses over the last day or two, BM is looking pretty decent actually so not sure what you are looking at but they sort of have BM on top of hunters and pretty well up there on top. Hopefully you read the right statistics because you can't gauge off of theoretical ptr data for t20
    well yeah we are pushing guldan so the feedback i am getting is as a BM with t19

i suspect you havent used the dropdown and switched to 7.2.5. the parses there are much different. I use 95+ percentile

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=95&sample=1&region=3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    I found my dps and parses to improve but it has not been long enough for more parses to show so I may have done better or worse. I did switch to the stomp build and I really enjoyed it, too bad it probably won't be a thing soon unless things change (I hope so, its great!)
    I saw some ppl trying stomp, does it work for single target tho or is that a m+ build?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis82 View Post
    How do you guys find your DPS (BM spec) after 7.2.5 so far?
    I found it disappointing the least, so i went to look at the top parses and i see we are at the bottom long with survival. Unfortunately i am not allowed to post links here to show you.

So what about you?
    You honestly can't do any dps comparrisons now, people are balanced around 4set. And with a spec like bm, which got big changes to talents/bis, people wouldn't be running the right set up yet, in general.

Waste of time to even look at it right now. It offers 0 useful information.

Wait until ToS has been out for a few weeks.

Because BM has one of the higher dps gains from 2+4pc (10.4%) the only higher one on prot tier is MM at 11.5%.

My dps decreased with current gear (I know it's balanced around t20). Rotation was a bit smoother, but kinda sad that we get much less frequent BWs. Staying MM it is for me.

I did notice a drop but not as big as I expected, I also didn't change a single thing. No gear, no itemisation, no talents etc. just so I could see a real raid environment difference between 7.2 and 7.2.5

As a sample of my 7.2 performance vs 7.2.5 performance, last weeks Starboy kill versus this weeks.

Starboy - 1,021,420 (95%) vs 978,423 (96%)

The summary of my mythic NH clear last night is that *all* warlocks and arms warriors are ridic, everyone else seems to have fallen from where they were in 7.2

well yeah we are pushing guldan so the feedback i am getting is as a BM with t19

i suspect you havent used the dropdown and switched to 7.2.5. the parses there are much different. I use 95+ percentile

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=95&sample=1®ion=3

- - - Updated - - -

I saw some ppl trying stomp, does it work for single target tho or is that a m+ build?
    You are pushing mythic Gul'dan and don't know what talents to pick..... that seems likely.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Simdps stayed around the same for me by changing BF + DF to OwtP and Stomp (using shoulders + belt; 986k before vs 981k now).
    The build changed my stat weight though, so could get a few more dps with reenchanting to crit from mastery. Luckily got an item update yesterday and sim for 996k now with the new talents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it works for single target, but it is quite RNG as you rely on procs and you need to have crit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    My dps decreased with current gear (I know it's balanced around t20). Rotation was a bit smoother, but kinda sad that we get much less frequent BWs. Staying MM it is for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I did notice a drop but not as big as I expected, I also didn't change a single thing. No gear, no itemisation, no talents etc. just so I could see a real raid environment difference between 7.2 and 7.2.5

As a sample of my 7.2 performance vs 7.2.5 performance, last weeks Starboy kill versus this weeks.

Starboy - 1,021,420 (95%) vs 978,423 (96%)

The summary of my mythic NH clear last night is that *all* warlocks and arms warriors are ridic, everyone else seems to have fallen from where they were in 7.2

Once you fix up your gear/talents, you should be equal on dps as you were before, if not higher. Most BM hunters gained dps in the change. But had to do complete talent revamps.

Deleted
    I cannot rightfully say since we only did our off-raid NH HC, and people don't always use food, flasks, runes and pre-pot for it. I got the new ring already though, and after some reading up I changed from Frenzy + BF to Stomp + OwtP as well as switching gear around so I was at 35% crit. The belt replaced the wrists and the new ring replaced the shoulders.

On the surface my damage increased a fair bit to the point I was comfortably ahead of those I'm usually rubbing elbows with, but, off-raid etc etc.

Deeper down I much more enjoyed the changes. The extra crit and OwtP meant I was farting DBs and replenishing BW at rate similar to what we previously had, and the belt which I shunned previously was letting me be almost GDC capped. Not having to worry about DF stacks dropping allowed me to ignore DB unless about to cap.

Fortunately the sims I ran also put those changes ahead of other choices so it is a case of saying both a DPS increase and a more entertaining pew pew time rolled into one.

7+ Year Old Account
    bit lower, compared to running heroic last week, but not by much. I hope they keep tweeking, frost mages are still rocken. i suspect who ever is incharge of frost mages is paying some under the table favors to keep that spec on top. to bad the hunter developers are broke and cant pay to push us up to the top like frost. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Once you fix up your gear/talents, you should be equal on dps as you were before, if not higher. Most BM hunters gained dps in the change. But had to do complete talent revamps.
    Yeah OwtP/Stomp parses since 7.2.5 hit look to be topping out around 100k up from Frenzy/BF parses from 7.2

For the final NH I wasn't bothered rebuilding in the 1hr I had between work and raid, but i'll prob setup the OwtP/Stomp build for ToS next week at least until I get 2pc t20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    I cannot rightfully say since we only did our off-raid NH HC, and people don't always use food, flasks, runes and pre-pot for it. I got the new ring already though, and after some reading up I changed from Frenzy + BF to Stomp + OwtP as well as switching gear around so I was at 35% crit. The belt replaced the wrists and the new ring replaced the shoulders.

On the surface my damage increased a fair bit to the point I was comfortably ahead of those I'm usually rubbing elbows with, but, off-raid etc etc.

Deeper down I much more enjoyed the changes. The extra crit and OwtP meant I was farting DBs and replenishing BW at rate similar to what we previously had, and the belt which I shunned previously was letting me be almost GDC capped. Not having to worry about DF stacks dropping allowed me to ignore DB unless about to cap.

Fortunately the sims I ran also put those changes ahead of other choices so it is a case of saying both a DPS increase and a more entertaining pew pew time rolled into one.
    I used the huntsman ring too and I had to swap into full crit as well, and noticed the the best results were with the COF and bracers as second leg. However since i did not use stomp my sim dps had dropped from 1.07m to 991k. Dont know what it will be now with stomp. I really need to give it a try asap!

For the Owtp/stomp build are you looking to gem and enchant crit over mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    For the Owtp/stomp build are you looking to gem and enchant crit over mastery?
    Really just need to sim yourself to see where your current crit level is in relation to the dps gains no one will be able to tell you what "you" should do unless we actually simmed you. Every person has different gear and while we can give you a general guideline like.....crit to ~30% then Haste=Crit>Mastery but that is completely anecdotal based upon my gear and has nothing to do with yours. Investment in learning how to evaluate your own character will always be the best policy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    Really just need to sim yourself to see where your current crit level is in relation to the dps gains no one will be able to tell you what "you" should do unless we actually simmed you. Every person has different gear and while we can give you a general guideline like.....crit to ~30% then Haste=Crit>Mastery but that is completely anecdotal based upon my gear and has nothing to do with yours. Investment in learning how to evaluate your own character will always be the best policy.
    General guideline doesnt exist - i have now 35% crit and now sim with crit=agi>mast=haste>>versa. Sim your stat weights at raidbots.com and thats it

BM dps results right now are temporarily inflated for alot of people that swapped over to the OwtP/Stomp build. DO NOT go crazy and assume this is a lasting thing tho. When t19 4set got nerfed DF/BF build lost some power for almost everyone due to the Bestial Wrath uptime reduction, OwtP partially offsets this which also inflates Stomps power due to t19 2set which remained unchanged. You can spam the increased amount of DB/Stomp procs you get with this build for full benefit whereas DF doesn't really gain much past 3 stacks besides the small pet damage it does on press and the extra focus.

As soon as t20 gets equipped, and the power of BW itself goes up, this will most likely shift the balance of power back to DF/BF spec (BW itself does nothing for Dire Beast and by extension, Stomp without t19 2set bonus).

It's just a little weird for BM presently (pre-ToS for the rest of the week). If you stuck with DF/BF spec you almost certainly lost DPS due to both the t19 4set nerf and the Packleader/Jaws trait nerfs. With 2 Pack relics and 1 Jaws I lost 12% damage off my KC, and obviously a 6% buff doesn't make up for that, plus some chance for Jaws to proc (also a significant portion of DPS for most BM hunters). Before the patch I was simming around 1.11 mil DPS, with that build now in best gear, it dropped to 1.03mil. That's not a small loss. The OWTP/Stomp build and switching a couple pieces out for crit jewelry managed to bring me back up to 1.07 mil, which, as stated, is just a temporary fix until t20.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    For this week only I found myself in the top 3 spots (out of 15 dps) on every fight. I even beat marks hunters on spellblade, tich and bot. OWTP/stomp is really good but again, its this week only.