Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    They'll give you gear to help keep you up to par with doing the MSQ dungeons and trials, assuming you don't snag any other gear somehow, like getting someone to buy you the 115 vendor gear in Foundation.
    Not really worth it, the 110 gear you get from the MSQ is better than the 115 gear you get from the vendor

still waiting for my codes

cmon amazon get your shit together
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    still waiting for my codes

cmon amazon get your shit together
    gmg master race

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Dunno about that. "Chase down this dude to recover our old treasured sword" was a little more entertaining than "cleanse this taint left behind by some sketchy-looking lizard girl".
    omg, I had to cleanse so many taints as a whm ... wait, that doesn't sound right -_-

I want a phurble pet ... and let me be able to dye it. A colorful fluffball running around beside me
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    So, servers went down and wait through last 24 hours has started.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b5ecc7677a55bf

...uh

Some new interview tidbits

Ala Mhigo and Doma will be fully liberated in 4.0 alone. The 4.x patches after that will be the "afterstory" of sorts.

Difficulty-wise, O4S > A12S. O4S will have something extra to it not found in Normal mode. (a-la Winged Justice, maybe?)

Designers: O1S - A guy from the 24-man raid team. O2S - The guy that made Refurbisher. O3S, O4S - Mr. Second Coil.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-15 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The story leading to ishgard was insane
    Was it? I seem to remember the story there consisting of a lot of story hooks that never really got any kind of payoff. Like the whole death of the sultana and power struggle in Ul'dah which is resolved almost entirely off screen. Not to mention there are lots of new Primals and strong hints that it's reactionary to human interferance which was never built upon for Heavensward. Finally there was that whole deal with the Crystal Braves which, again, was resolved off screen by NPC's!

No patch notes of any kind, not even preliminary ones? Now what will I do while waiting??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    No patch notes of any kind, not even preliminary ones? Now what will I do while waiting??
    It is bound to come before the release, so hopefully it's out 12 hours before launch, although I would've loved to read the preliminary ones a day or two ago.

Go and shop some snacks for the release tomorrow, read a magazine (or paper-back newspaper), do something physically or do housechores and hope a timetravel machine pops up right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    It is bound to come before the release, so hopefully it's out 12 hours before launch, although I would've loved to read the preliminary ones a day or two ago.

Go and shop some snacks for the release tomorrow, read a magazine (or paper-back newspaper), do something physically or do housechores and hope a timetravel machine pops up right in front of you.
    Hah, way ahead of you. I am stocked for days

Anyone knows where the Samurai trainer might be? I know the Red Mage one was said to be somewhere in Ul'dah... And well, my guess about our samurai trainer would either be Gosetsu or the FF11 girl that arrived to Eorzea over a year ago in an event and she got stuck here, so I logged out in Limsa Lominsa where I last saw her.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're going to do a patch reading today, so the full patch notes will likely come out around then.

10+ Year Old Account
    [...]
    Anyone knows where the Samurai trainer might be? I know the Red Mage one was said to be somewhere in Ul'dah... And well, my guess about our samurai trainer would either be Gosetsu or the FF11 girl that arrived to Eorzea over a year ago in an event and she got stuck here, so I logged out in Limsa Lominsa where I last saw her.
    Accourding to a reddit thread (further source within the link) regarding RDM/SAM job quests has the following quote:
    •Where can the RDM/SAM job quests be found?

I'm sure I mentioned RDM at an earlier event, but RDM will start in Ul'dah. For SAM players, you should have no problem rushing to the new trainer if you logged out in Ul'dah as well.
    (Translator's note: Yoshi does not clarify if the SAM trainer is in the city of Ul'dah itself.)
    So it should be around Ul'dah as well.

So I've read they are introducing some new forms of new world bonuses and designated world bonuses (read here)

While I only started this week and so far have reached lvl 21 (very enjoyable game by the way), I wondered how long I can expect those servers to retain the double exp bonus (which is supposed to hold until the designated/new worlds reach a 'sufficient' populus).

My question to you is: Has this happened before and how long did these bonuses last? - I really would like to reach lvl 60 on at least 2 classes, which I guess would take me 1 month with the double exp bonus.

If it has not yet happaned before, would you have any clues of how long it could probably last?

Hah, way ahead of you. I am stocked for days

I doubt it's either of them. Gosetsu arrives and then leaves Eorzea within 3.5's msq. The FF XI girl was just cross over cameo and we know the lore of XIV samurai come from Hingashi according to the site. Would be very weird and awkward to use her and not an NPC related to XIV samurai lore. It'll probably just be a new character introduced while Gosetsu is involved in the MSQ.

As for where it might be, my best guess is Vesper Bay. It's near Ul'dah and it's where everyone coming from Othard seems to land on Eorzea. So would make sense for new samurai arriving in Eoerzea to show up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh.
    Being sick and kitty dozing off due to maintenance sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I doubt it's either of them. Gosetsu arrives and then leaves Eorzea within 3.5's msq. The FF XI girl was just cross over cameo and we know the lore of XIV samurai come from Hingashi according to the site. Would be very weird and awkward to use her and not an NPC related to XIV samurai lore. It'll probably just be a new character introduced while Gosetsu is involved in the MSQ.

As for where it might be, my best guess is Vesper Bay. It's near Ul'dah and it's where everyone coming from Othard seems to land on Eorzea. So would make sense for new samurai arriving in Eoerzea to show up there.
    Well there was a mention of a samurai with a doman refugees so its possible that SAM is the next job you pick up in La Noscea. Maybe Jack passes on a message from Yugiri to meet a wandering drunkard samurai causing a ruckuss at camp bronze lake or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Just opened the PS4 launcher and it defaulted to "stormblood early access preorder bonus content: select which service account to link the items to" so thats now active to link even though the PS4 theme and stuff still doesnt unlock for another 11 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well there was a mention of a samurai with a doman refugees so its possible that SAM is the next job you pick up in La Noscea. Maybe Jack passes on a message from Yugiri to meet a wandering drunkard samurai causing a ruckuss at camp bronze lake or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Just opened the PS4 launcher and it defaulted to "stormblood early access preorder bonus content: select which service account to link the items to" so thats now active to link even though the PS4 theme and stuff still doesnt unlock for another 11 hours.

Possible but the interview seemed to indicate sam trainer would be near Ul'dah. And vesper bay would make sense. It could be somewhere else sure, but my guess vesper bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b5ecc7677a55bf

...uh

Some new interview tidbits

Ala Mhigo and Doma will be fully liberated in 4.0 alone. The 4.x patches after that will be the "afterstory" of sorts.

Difficulty-wise, O4S > A12S. O4S will have something extra to it not found in Normal mode. (a-la Winged Justice, maybe?)

Designers: O1S - A guy from the 24-man raid team. O2S - The guy that made Refurbisher. O3S, O4S - Mr. Second Coil.
    Isn't that MR G?!?!

Job trainers are usually not important main story characters so I doubt Gosetsu or Alisaie will be the job trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Was it? I seem to remember the story there consisting of a lot of story hooks that never really got any kind of payoff. Like the whole death of the sultana and power struggle in Ul'dah which is resolved almost entirely off screen. Not to mention there are lots of new Primals and strong hints that it's reactionary to human interferance which was never built upon for Heavensward. Finally there was that whole deal with the Crystal Braves which, again, was resolved off screen by NPC's!
    They said leading to Ishgard.
    So the Ul'dah part you mentioned crescendoes in the 2.x series. Resolution is irrelevant to the 2.x portion of the MSQ.
    Second point, to some extent the Beast Tribe quests address this as you're opening a bit of a diplomatic relation with these races.
    Crystal Braves also crescendoes with the 2.x MSQ, its resolution is irrelevant to the 2.x portion of the MSQ.

They're saying the story build up from 2.1 through 3.0 builds up to be insane. And compared to most MMOs doing the whole "you're heroes, you've saved the world again" as their conclusion with a little "something new is happening, go forth heroes" as their expansion lead in, it was a pretty crazy ride story-wise.

Now, if you want to talk about these plot points in the 3.x cycle and their resolution seeming rushed and convenient, sure, I'll agree on those criticisms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Job trainers are usually not important main story characters so I doubt Gosetsu or Alisaie will be the job trainers.
    Yugiri will be the ninja trainer one day.... I just have to keep believing!!!! T-T