Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    They forgot this one.. It's the most powerful and famous one, imo:

1941, when Nazi Germany attacked USSR. It says "Motherland Calls".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'd say millions victims mean that they got the stuff wrong overall.
    That is a blanket statement and indeed throwing away the baby with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    My grandfather almost went to jail for a year because he overstayed a visit to the US by a couple months, he was watched by the secret police and his neighbors for the rest of his life. My grandmother was one of the most respected pedagogues in her city in Slovakia, but was never given a chance to advance and was threatened by authorities. Why? because she went to mass and did not hide it. She says the only reason she was able to continue teaching is because they felt sorry for the family with 7 children. Mind you this is in a warsaw pact country too, not even the soviet union.
    Wait, I don't get it - see the words I bolded - did some secret agents from SU served in your police? Or are your grandpa neighbors were some imported people from Moscow? Some Czechoslovakian zealots gave your grandparents bad time but you blame not those Czechoslovakians but Russians instead because... I don't even know why? Don't you see yourself how fucking dumb it sounds?

Oh soviet union had nothing to do with that
    Err, I don't know? You didn't say about anything about Russians yet?

I don't understand how the country with the biggest abundance of natural resources (given their farming is comparatively shit), with one of the most naturally intelligent populations (might not seem like it from watching youtube but the average russian is quite intelligent imo) in the world can rarely ever lift itself up higher than being a toilet.
    Uh, man, why all the Russia-haters ARE SO FUCKING UNINFORMED? Well, that was rhetoric question. I know why: because your pathetic hate needs no knowledge. Look up Kuban and Chernozem. "Comparatively shit farming", uh-huh...

Also Anti-colonialism seemed hilariously ironic. Communism is garbage for the foreseeable future. Also tolerance towards blacks? Lol, I would say they are barely more tolerant of blacks today than the US was when those posters were made.
    Err and you think so WHY EXACTLY? Is that once again because you know EXACTLY NOTHING about Russia and never was there himself, but find it ok to spew hateful shit just because?

So, your presented several points and all of them seems like completely baseless shit to me, who ACTUALLY LIVE HERE, and of course you don't have anything to back them up (except maybe "some guy in US thousands kilometers away says so")? Isn't it time for you to stop and think about how much of your "knowledge" of Russia have anything to do with real world?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for supporting my point about racism by providing a link to a Russian racist blogger.
    Heheheh, my pleasure. Why you can find some more of those yourself, just copy/paste insulting anti-Russian "lexicon" of that banned clown above and you will find plenty of racism in blogs of guys who US insists are our best "democrats" and "liberals".

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say millions victims mean that they got the stuff wrong overall.
    What millions of victim of US wars say to you? What millions of victim of UK colonial wars say to you? Did they "got the stuff wrong overall"? I don't understand why you single out a country, when pretty much every country have pretty same past.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Heheheh, my pleasure. Why you can find some more of those yourself, just copy/paste insulting "lexicon" of that banned clown above and you will find plenty of racism in blogs of guys who US insists are our best "democrats" and "liberals".
    Link to the US authorities claiming Andrew Rostov is among your best "democrats" and "liberals", please.

What millions of victim of US wars say to you? What millions of victim of UK colonial wars say to you? Did they "got the stuff wrong overall"? I don't understand why you single out a country, when pretty much every country have pretty same past.
    At the times, yes, they did. Link to where I said otherwise, please.
    Last edited by May90; 2015-02-18 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Link to the US authorities claiming Andrew Rostov is among your best "democrats" and "liberals", please.
    This one is just too small fly in the mob for him to be mentioned by US authorities. However people he adores - those like Navalny - should be known enough to you. How about a campaign from Navalny to push the law to severely limit middle-Asians and Caucasians rights in Russia (not white people, but those from Caucasus region, highlanders - yeah, exactly those people that you say "bad Russians" call with c-word)? It is official government voting site for people-proposed initiatives - those that get 100k votes are presented in Duma - so that's not even some "news reporting" that could be biased - it is campaign authored by Navalny himself. Even if he polite enough to not use that word in the text of campaign, he surely does treat them so.

- - - Updated - - -

At the times, yes, they did. Link to where I said otherwise, please.
    See quote - that's directed to guy who said "got stuff wrong overall". I don't have problem with "at the times, yes, they did". Everyone makes mistakes and it would be dumb to contest that.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2015-02-18 at 11:38 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one is just too small fly in the mob for him to be mentioned by US authorities.
    So he wasn't. Good, one more false claim from you.

However people he adores - those like Navalny - should be known enough to you. How about a campaign from Navalny to push the law to severely limit middle-Asians and Caucasians rights in Russia (not white people, but those from Caucasus region, highlanders - yeah, exactly those people that you say "bad Russians" call with c-word) (it is official government voting site for people-proposed initiatives - those that get 100k votes are presented in Duma)?
    Err, Navalny is respected for following his ideas against the political oppression, not for the ideas themselves. He is as nationalistic as people can get - and the fact that people like him so much just serves as an additional evidence to nationalistic ideas being popular in Russia. But they didn't come from vacuum, they came directly from the USSR, it would be foolish to claim that there wasn't nationalism/racism in the USSR and it suddenly came out of nowhere to modern Russia. Which is what the thread is about: claiming that USSR didn't have racism/nationalism is ridiculous and easily proven wrong - you just did it yourself, basically.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

So he wasn't. Good, one more false claim from you.
    Uh, are you trying to prove yourself as a pathetic fucking liar or what? Could you please quote me "claiming" what you so "heroically" disproved? Let me help you, my original quote is: 'just copy/paste insulting "lexicon" of that banned clown above and you will find plenty of racism in blogs of guys who US insists are our best "democrats" and "liberals".'

Err, Navalny is respected for following his ideas against the political oppression, not for the ideas themselves. He is as nationalistic as people can get - and the fact that people like him so much just serves as an additional evidence to nationalistic ideas being popular in Russia. But they didn't come from vacuum, they came directly from the USSR, it would be foolish to claim that there wasn't nationalism/racism in the USSR and it suddenly came out of nowhere to modern Russia. Which is what the thread is about: claiming that USSR didn't have racism/nationalism is ridiculous and easily proven wrong - you just did it yourself, basically.
    Wait, so you say that morbid racism shouldn't be opposed ("oppressed" as you call it)? Do you support murderers in their "noble struggle" as well - they're fighting against "police oppression" after all? I feel I don't understand what the fuck are you fighting for at all.

Yes, of course there are some racist people in Russia, just as there are anywhere in the world, but here they're ostracized, punished by law and otherwise "oppressed", while for some reason Western "democrats" tend to praise them instead.

Wait, I don't get it - see the words I bolded - did some secret agents from SU served in your police? Or are your grandpa neighbors were some imported people from Moscow? Some Czechoslovakian zealots gave your grandparents bad time but you blame not those Czechoslovakians but Russians instead because... I don't even know why? Don't you see yourself how fucking dumb it sounds?

Err, I don't know? You didn't say about anything about Russians yet?

Uh, man, why all the Russia-haters ARE SO FUCKING UNINFORMED? Well, that was rhetoric question. I know why: because your pathetic hate needs no knowledge. Look up Kuban and Chernozem. "Comparatively shit farming", uh-huh...

Err and you think so WHY EXACTLY? Is that once again because you know EXACTLY NOTHING about Russia and never was there himself, but find it ok to spew hateful shit just because?

So, your presented several points and all of them seems like completely baseless shit to me, who ACTUALLY LIVE HERE, and of course you don't have anything to back them up (except maybe "some guy in US thousands kilometers away says so")? Isn't it time for you to stop and think about how much of your "knowledge" of Russia have anything to do with real world?

- - - Updated - - -

Heheheh, my pleasure. Why you can find some more of those yourself, just copy/paste insulting anti-Russian "lexicon" of that banned clown above and you will find plenty of racism in blogs of guys who US insists are our best "democrats" and "liberals".

- - - Updated - - -

The comment about tolerance might be a little un-informed, I have not been to Russia, only Ukraine ( I lived in Europe for close to 10 years). The comment about comparatively shit farming was me trying to present at least some reasonable explanation as to why Russia has historically been a feudal toilet. Yes of course the largest country in the world is going to have some decent farmland, but any country that imports as much as food as russia has a comparative disadvantage in agriculture (again this comment was praising the russian peoples natural resource endowment and relative intelligence). The thing is my neighbor's told my grandmother they were tapped as informants (punishable by prison itself). But I think all comments you made are at least remotely reasonable, but if I am not mistaken you imply that the 1968 Invasion of Czechoslovakia was some group consensus between the warsaw pact nations and the USSR (at large) and not the bureaucrats in Moscow you are simply ignorant. (Edit: my point is we tried to end the systematic oppression of our own people in 1968 and it didn't work out too well for us)
    That being said, there is a memorial to the red army in my hometown in Slovakia and I believe it should remain there for good. No matter what my countrymen in the US say, Europe's freedom was earned by the Russians and I have a deep respect for the sacrifices made by the Russian people. What I don't like about Russians is that they seem to suffer from little man syndrome, where their pride in their country is not determined by their prosperity education progress technology etc but how scared people in Brussels or DC are (which sorry to break it to you is close to 0, your scariest weapon is your natural gas to europe not your military might). Also why do you keep electing Putin? Electing someone you perceive as "having balls" won't do much for you (Russia already has the biggest balls of any European nation).

Also how do you view the warsaw uprising, a measure to ensure the just compensation of the russian people for their sacrifice or western propaganda?
    Last edited by INVASMANIXOXOXO; 2015-02-20 at 08:06 AM.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can understand that there's so much anti-Russian hate around.
    The West is heavy on the propaganda against Russia. I live in Scandinavia and here it's really bad.
    Average human who spends time reading/watching mainstream news will eventually start believing whatever is thrown at them.
    But we don't see Russia building military bases all over the world or invading overseas countries. There's another military superpower to dealing with that.
    Russia has its at times weird ways. But I don't feel threatened. Putin is a better and more popular president than Obama.

But (un)surprisingly, the real evil is NATO.

Let's not forget the persecution and slaughter of millions of christians by the Soviets:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecu...e_Soviet_Union

Throughout the history of the Soviet Union (1922-1991), Soviet authorities suppressed and persecuted various forms of Christianity to different extents depending on the particular era. Soviet policy, based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, made atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union. Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religious beliefs.[1]

The state was committed to the destruction of religion,[2][3] and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth that society should accept.[4][5] The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies, has been estimated to range between 12-20 million.[6][7][8]

Some actions against Orthodox priests and believers along with execution included torture, being sent to prison camps, labour camps or mental hospitals.[24][25][26][27] Many Orthodox (along with peoples of other faiths) were also subjected to psychological punishment or torture and mind control experimentation in order to force them give up their religious convictions (see Punitive psychiatry in the Soviet Union).[25][26][28] During the first five years of Soviet power, the Bolsheviks executed 28 Russian Orthodox bishops and over 1,200 Russian Orthodox priests. Many others were imprisoned or exiled.[1]

In the Soviet Union, in addition to the methodical closing and destruction of churches, the charitable and social work formerly done by ecclesiastical authorities was taken over by the state. As with all private property, Church owned property was confiscated into public use. The few places of worship left to the Church were legally viewed as state property which the government permitted the church to use.

Protestant Christians in the USSR (Baptists, Pentecostals, Adventists etc.) in the period after the Second world war were compulsively sent to mental hospitals, endured trials and prisons (often for refusal to enter military service). Some were even compulsively deprived of their parent rights.[29]

The tenth CPSU congress met in 1921 and it passed a resolution calling for 'wide-scale organization, leadership, and cooperation in the task of anti-religious agitation and propaganda among the broad masses of the workers, using the mass media, films, books, lectures, and other devices.[43]

When church leaders demanded freedom of religion under the constitution, the Communists responded with terror. They murdered the metropolitan of Kiev and executed twenty-eight bishops and 6,775 priests. Despite mass demonstrations in support of the church, repression cowed most ecclesiastical leaders into submission.[44]

During the purges of 1937 and 1938, church documents record that 168,300 Russian Orthodox clergy were arrested. Of these, over 100,000 were shot.[71] Many thousands of victims of persecution became recognized in a special canon of saints known as the "new martyrs and confessors of Russia".

From 1959 to 1964, the persecution operated on several key levels:

1. There was a massive closure of churches[55] (reducing the number from 22,000 to 7,000 by 1965.[101])
    2. Closures of monasteries and convents as well as reinforcement of the 1929 legislation to ban pilgrimages
    3. Closure of most of the still existing seminaries and bans on pastoral courses
    4. Banning all services outside of church walls and recording the personal identities of all adults requesting church baptisms, weddings or funerals.[102] Non-fulfillment of these regulations by clergy would lead to disallowance of state registration for them (which meant they could no longer do any pastoral work or liturgy at all, without special state permission).
    5. The deprivation of parental rights for teaching religion to their children, a ban on the presence of children at church services (beginning in 1961 with the Baptists and then extended to the Orthodox in 1963) and the administration of the Eucharist to children over the age of four.
    6. The forced retirement, arrests and prison sentences to clergymen who criticized atheism[103] or the anti-religious campaign, who conducted Christian charity or who in made religion popular by personal example.[103]
    7. It also disallowed the ringing of church bells and services in daytime in some rural settings from May to the end of October under the pretext of field work requirements.[103]

People who were more highly educated or who occupied more important positions were subject to harsher harassment and punishment than those who were uneducated. Religious youth at colleges could sometimes be sent to psychiatric hospitals on grounds that only a person with a psychological disorder would still be religious after going through the whole anti-religious education.[115]

In all, it is estimated that some 15 to 20 million Christians were martyred under the Soviet regime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I can understand that there's so much anti-Russian hate around.
    The West is heavy on the propaganda against Russia. I live in Scandinavia and here it's really bad.
    Average human who spends time reading/watching mainstream news will eventually start believing whatever is thrown at them.
    But we don't see Russia building military bases all over the world or invading overseas countries. There's another military superpower to dealing with that.
    Russia has its at times weird ways. But I don't feel threatened. Putin is a better and more popular president than Obama.

But (un)surprisingly, the real evil is NATO.
    1. There is no "anti-Russian" hate, pretty much, anywhere. I'm from Russia originally and I've been to many countries - nowhere have I experienced any discrimination based on my nationality.

2. If you ask me, people here (in the US/Canada) give Russia way much more credit than it deserves.

3. You don't have to read/watch mainstream news to recognize historical analogies.

4. Russia used to build military bases all over the world, before it got smacked by its own incompetent authorities. Now Putin seeks to rebuild.

5. You don't feel threatened because you got away after WW2, whilst half Europe got occupied. I bet you'd have a different opinion, should you have lived, say, in Poland.

6. Putin is more popular than Obama because clever dictators are always popular, and presidents in democracies tend to get criticized by, pretty much, everyone. In some sense, the less popular a president is, the better one he is.

7. NATO is simply a treaty of mutual protection between a group of countries, in a form of an international organization.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
    Last edited by May90; 2015-02-20 at 09:45 AM.

ty of mutual protection between a group of countries, in a form of an international organization.
    I am very pro US/pro western, but I think this is a naive view of Nato. I believe it was meant to simply rival the warsaw pact, but at the same time I believe the US held most of the decision making power up until the fall of the soviet union. I am not saying Nato would have invaded Sweden if they had decided to adopt communist reforms, but I think you are sugar coating the nature of Nato just a little.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

It's amazing how people still do not understand the difference between socialism and communism and that how Stalin and other Soviet leaders perverted Marxist ideology.
    At the same time everyone seems to turn a blind eye to the way capitalism is another system doomed to fail.
    A system where the rich only get richer and the poor relatively poorer can't sustain itself indefinitely. Where the rich can hide between the corporate facade while they control the politicians and the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very pro US/pro western, but I think this is a naive view of Nato. I believe it was meant to simply rival the warsaw pact, but at the same time I believe the US held most of the decision making power up until the fall of the soviet union. I am not saying Nato would have invaded Sweden if they had decided to adopt communist reforms, but I think you are sugar coating the nature of Nato just a little.
    Note that there are different things: NATO as an organization and NATO members as countries with mutual goals. NATO itself is only concerned with providing safety for each member, but it is reasonable to expect countries that agreed on the treaty in the first place to cooperate outside of NATO jurisdiction as well - and that is what probably you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    It's amazing how people still do not understand the difference between socialism and communism and that how Stalin and other Soviet leaders perverted Marxist ideology.
    At the same time everyone seems to turn a blind eye to the way capitalism is another system doomed to fail.
    A system where the rich only get richer and the poor relatively poorer can't sustain itself indefinitely. Where the rich can hide between the corporate facade while they control the politicians and the media.
    People are MORE unequal under socialism than capitalism. This is because socialism requires a POWERFUL central government to enforce it. Because of human corruption, this means those in government grow rich and those not in government grow impoverished. They very system implemented under socialism to create equality actually creates inequality, and because there are ZERO checks and balances to control that trend, it grows wildly out of control.

There is a reason why the greatest environmental disasters in human history have ALL been caused by powerful governments and not corporations. Its because those governments have NO check on their power to stop them.

1. the Soviets destroyed the Aral Sea
    2. Chernobyl happened under Soviet rule.
    3. The pollution of the Yangtse river was done by the Chinese government.

In each case, there was NO check on government. Government was free to destroy the environment. In two of those cases, government is given a free hand to destroy the environment over decades and not a thing can be done. This is different from a capitalist free society, where if a corporation pollutes, there are checks and balances, you have watchdogs guarding against the problem to lessen the damage.

Capitalism is vastly better than socialism at protecting the environment and promoting equality.

Socialism is vastly better at managing the propaganda to make people think the situation is better under Socialism.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. There is no "anti-Russian" hate, pretty much, anywhere. I'm from Russia originally and I've been to many countries - nowhere have I experienced any discrimination based on my nationality.

2. If you ask me, people here (in the US/Canada) give Russia way much more credit than it deserves.

3. You don't have to read/watch mainstream news to recognize historical analogies.

4. Russia used to build military bases all over the world, before it got smacked by its own incompetent authorities. Now Putin seeks to rebuild.

5. You don't feel threatened because you got away after WW2, whilst half Europe got occupied. I bet you'd have a different opinion, should you have lived, say, in Poland.

6. Putin is more popular than Obama because clever dictators are always popular, and presidents in democracies tend to get criticized by, pretty much, everyone. In some sense, the less popular a president is, the better one he is.

7. NATO is simply a treaty of mutual protection between a group of countries, in a form of an international organization.

Don't lecture me. I know how it is where I live. You have no clue. So don't talk out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Don't lecture me. I know how it is where I live. You have no clue. So don't talk out of your ass.
    Russia supporters are always so good at discussions.

Deleted
    Just playing with necromancy.

Deleted
    Gee, just to demonstrate the point, since you, May90, previously mentioned "churki". I sometimes skim over some more known liberasts' blogs - it is common indication that things are going right is when they go into hysteria mode - and here you are: just yesterday one of rabidly anti-Russian, US-ass-kissing, Poroshenko-loving liberasts "rubs" (well, that's what he think) it to us, people who love own country, just how wrong we are with double super-tolerant heading: Even Egyptian churka knows that "Lugansk is Ukraine" and "separatists are gays". Is that those gay-hating racist people you were talking about, heheheh? Too bad you will mostly find them among those who share your passion to kiss it up to West and hate Russia, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, why should there be? Why African would spend time to move a long way from home to unfamiliar climate? Should we've "force-imported" (aka "slave traded") them as you did just to satisfy you desire for big population?
    My guess would be Africans see how your football crowds treat them and think 'fuck that'.

Deleted
    Please don't necro threads, especially not one that's more than 2 years old.

Closing.