Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm going to quit too...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ion=3&sample=1

thank you retardevs
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-06-14 at 07:22 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I'm going to quit too...

thank you retardevs
    Quitting before Tomb, good you go ahead.

We need to hit pause on the panic button before next Tuesday to see what they patch in. But yah if there is nothing, then officially go totally bonkers like in the Airplane movie when the crew tells the passengers not to panic.

Yesterday across all mythic bosses at 90th percentile fire mage was the highest parsing mage spec. Highest spec on Gul'dan, identical to frost on Star Augur, barely behind on Elisande.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=1&dataset=90
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-06-14 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Yesterday across all mythic bosses at 90th percentile fire mage was the highest parsing mage spec. Highest spec on Gul'dan, identical to frost on Star Augur, barely behind on Elisande.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=1&dataset=90
    Yeah, the nerf actually did hit frost hard. That said, the problem is scaling from here, not current dps in NH. The sims will end up being much more accurate than extrapolated data from today. Fire is still the worst dps spec. Especially once most frost mages get the CmS helm, and fire has no equivalent for that item.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-06-14 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    So glad I unsubbed 2 months ago, after 13 years maining a mage . Blizz has done an atrocious job with class balance and swing this xpac ,factor in legos and AP and Wow has become a bunch of nonsense you can't invest into anymore. Moved on and played so many awesome games the last 2 months- both console, pc and an mmo or 2 .Had forgotten how many other amazing games are out there, just took blizz devs being at their worst in a decade to nudge me there. Thanks ! not getting my money anymore, keep your World of Diablocraft.........
    Bye you won't be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    We need to hit pause on the panic button before next Tuesday to see what they patch in. But yah if there is nothing, then officially go totally bonkers like in the Airplane movie when the crew tells the passengers not to panic.
    yes yes, like fire buffs after first week of nh that did absolutely nothing!
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yeah, the nerf actually did hit frost hard. That said, the problem is scaling from here, not current dps in NH. The sims will end up being much more accurate than extrapolated data from today. Fire is still the worst dps spec. Especially once most frost mages get the CmS helm, and fire has no equivalent for that item.
    Frost is balanced around T20. So yeah, we have to wait at least until ToS is up to see how Frost is going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    First, I vaguely remember saying in this very forum that people are simply dumb underestimating the 2xIL/TV nerf, and I was told how minor the nerf was. Yes... minor. Almost all the top ranks potential from Frost? Gone. Both TV and GS are sterile and unfun, you need some insane RNG to do something cool with them, meanwhile affli still rules with the other lock specs close to the top, and warriors obviously rampage around. We went from 50-70% IV uptime on the more challenging bosses to 25-30%.

Second, the CmS helm isn't great either, 3-4% DPS and you'd have to ditch something like the bracers. If you play GS, you should know that GS sims in patchwerk inflate some specifics and devalue Ice Lance, which you will still want to use on the move or to not cap FoF etc., and you'd rather have it hit decently hard, so giving up the bracers for CmS is not gonna gain you a lot. Even when CmS will AoE the Gul'dan eyes, you won't see any miracles. It's yet another meh happening on the logs.

Third, yes, ToS might make one of the specs great, but... I wouldn't really set my hopes high. The chances they buff Frost are incredibly low, it's a former top 3 performer that almost close to the mid now - i.e. "balance". For one of the specs to become great, it needs something that is broken enough to allow it to the top. At this time, no tier set and no trinket from ToS is enough to catapult mage near the top.

If I actually missed anything and mage will become great, then I would be happy. But in my humble opinion, if there are no buffs, we won't see the top much in ToS. Oh well, there's also rerolling and warlocks.
    Quickly reroll to WARLOCK because Frost is not rank1 after 1 day :O. All of you ignoring the fact that Frost scales really well, and he has one of the strongest t20 set. But oh well, so many FoTM doomsayers rolled Frost so it was expected to end like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    In the moonkin forums someone did current APL and ~938 ilvl Tomb Gear with these results for Single Target.

Fire doesn't seem that far off from the 1.3-1.35 M DPS range classes probably should be aiming for. Frost and Demo are high. MM is very high (too good T20 4 pc that will probably be nerfed).

Based on these sims for single target fire would need a little buff and frost toned down a bit (but I don't know AoE, frost could be the worst of the 3 specs, so better single target could be justified).
    Frost toned down a bit and Fire needing a little buff?

Dude, Mage is 3 specs not just one. Why do specs need tonned down because Fire is not as good as it once was?
    Peoples logic really doesnt add up.

If Frost was to be "tonned" down a bit, which im assuming that means a nerf, and Fire gets a "little buff" that would mean dragging a spec down when you want atleast 1 mage spec in the top of the list.

People cant really use the excuse of AP etc anymore as its easy to get a spec to 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post

People cant really use the excuse of AP etc anymore as its easy to get a spec to 52.
    You can with legendaries though, if you don't have the bracers and belt as Fire, you can just forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    In the moonkin forums someone did current APL and ~938 ilvl Tomb Gear with these results for Single Target.

Fire doesn't seem that far off from the 1.3-1.35 M DPS range classes probably should be aiming for. Frost and Demo are high. MM is very high (too good T20 4 pc that will probably be nerfed).

Based on these sims for single target fire would need a little buff and frost toned down a bit (but I don't know AoE, frost could be the worst of the 3 specs, so better single target could be justified).
    Dude how about locks with all 3 specs in top6?

Btw that graph looks like bulls**t, we all know melees will dominate charts...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-06-15 at 02:52 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    So glad I unsubbed 2 months ago, after 13 years maining a mage . Blizz has done an atrocious job with class balance and swing this xpac ,factor in legos and AP and Wow has become a bunch of nonsense you can't invest into anymore. Moved on and played so many awesome games the last 2 months- both console, pc and an mmo or 2 .Had forgotten how many other amazing games are out there, just took blizz devs being at their worst in a decade to nudge me there. Thanks ! not getting my money anymore, keep your World of Diablocraft.........
    13 year old main in a 12 year old game. Cool story.

Deleted
    How does boomkin play compared to say eg. fire mage? Is boomy a turret or mobile-ish as firemages?

Deleted

Reading simc level master hm? Those are charts for range specs. Still Range appears to be stronger than melees going in ToS.

Deleted

I am no SimC pro at all and cannot contest to whether those are correct numbers etc.

You mention all 3 lock specs being in top of ranged classes yet I merely point out that people, specifically the person I quoted, trying to claim 1 mage spec needs a buff and another needs tonned down is terrible logic. (that would put locks even higher).

Sick and tired of people moaning about Fire spec this, fire spec that as if the Mage classes are tuned around it baseline.

@mrgreenthumb Yeah, legendaries are different story. That however, has several threads about it on multiple class forums

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Reading simc level master hm? Those are charts for range specs. Still Range appears to be stronger than melees going in ToS.
    because sims dont account for mechanics or movement at all... "appears to be stronger" doesnt mean anything and sims are pretty much worthless. melee can do damage while moving and most ranged cant and the ranged are the ones that have to do mechanics so of course melee will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    With all the buffs to the specs that were under/around Fire's level, I think it is safe to say Fire is the worst spec in the game right now.
    Just in case it wasn't they just nerfed it's 4 set for ToS and still haven't fixed the PF bug.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to quit too...

thank you retardevs
    Something to take from that link. Frost has the 2nd highest amount of parses. When they were nerfing fire at the start of Legion they said it was in part because too many people were playng that over the other 2 specs. Now normally when they nerf or gut one they bring up the others, I guess they forgot that last part so far.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    the meteor legendary for fire seem to be pretty insane in its current form after watching some streams. doing upwards of 20% of the mages damage on bosses. it's definitely going to get nerfed. if it doesnt, fire will definitely be a contender if you have that. (yawn, another required legendary)
    Oh damn, really? In that case I'm changing loot spec to fire, next legendary is guaranteed to be that one
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh damn, really? In that case I'm changing loot spec to fire, next legendary is guaranteed to be that one
    got nerfed.
    sorry dude.
    now you get a free meteor every 30 fireball or pyroblast. It was every 10 fb and/or Pyro.