Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What law would have stopped him from owning a gun.
    Umm a law requiring firearms sellers to possess precognition?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You are an absolute sheep (and a blind one at that) if you think gun control would prevent something like this. Bad people will still get guns, Many of them are buying from other people on the streets. No amount of background checks will prevent that. The good people just will not have any to protect themselves. Tell us how Drug control has worked out for us all this time?
    100% correct. I will NEVER give up my guns...NEVER
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

If that law did exist it wouldn't have helped as all charges were dropped.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that law did exist it wouldn't have helped as all charges were dropped.
    Hypothetically it could be used to help to the NICS system to flag and analyze the past charges, including dropped, to make a determination whether the person is a risk. This law would of definitely decreased the chance of him acquiring a firearm.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Umm a law requiring firearms sellers to possess precognition?
    Lol! From my experience with the great majority of sellers period, I would not trust any of them to judge my mental state. Or the government in general in some cases. Only valid convictions of crimes should prevent it unless there are clear evidence one is not capable to safely own one. Not being good at math should not be one of them. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Dude, no, Chicago! F'ing Chicago, that is all anyone needs to say to you or anyone else who tries this argument. Gun control does not work.
    There are 5 cities In Illinois with higher crime and murder rates than Chicago. None of them have the gun laws Chicago has. The gun laws In Chicago have helped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    There are 5 cities In Illinois with higher crime and murder rates than Chicago. None of them have the gun laws Chicago has. The gun laws In Chicago have helped.
    Shh, I still think they believe Chicago to be an island nation disconnected from the rest of the world and trade routes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a interesting read https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6018a1.htm while this was a 2011 statistic and not real recent, it does show Chicago ranked pretty high compared to a lot of other large cities. While Los Angeles, DC and Philadelphia ranked at the top, along with New York. At least 3 of those have some pretty strict gun laws. While places like Austin Texas or Columbus Ohio, which have lower restrictions, have far less per 100k homicides from firearms. Of course the most important factor involved is not firearm access, but cultures and drug/gang activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Hypothetically it could be used to help to the NICS system to flag and analyze the past charges, including dropped, to make a determination whether the person is a risk. This law would of definitely decreased the chance of him acquiring a firearm.
    So then all I would have to do to keep you from owning a gun is make accusations? Nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    So then all I would have to do to keep you from owning a gun is make accusations? Nice.
    Is that what his criminal record says?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is a interesting read https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6018a1.htm while this was a 2011 statistic and not real recent, it does show Chicago ranked pretty high compared to a lot of other large cities. While Los Angeles, DC and Philadelphia ranked at the top, along with New York. At least 3 of those have some pretty strict gun laws. While places like Austin Texas or Columbus Ohio, which have lower restrictions, have far less per 100k homicides from firearms. Of course the most important factor involved is not firearm access, but cultures and drug/gang activities.
    How dare you bring facts to a gun fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yea it does. You point is invalid based on the evidence provided. More people were murdered by knives than rifles. Bit of a significant difference.
    Lol! The US is not Japan. The more common way here to commit suicide ( which by the way has dropped ) is using a firearm. Show me a link which shows more people have died from rifles than knifes from all sources. Murder is the highest concern people should have when it comes to being a victim. If people want to commit suicide, they can use several different ways. As Japan has a higher suicide rate and firearms are very restricted there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cities with the highest murder rates? Chicago didn't even make the list.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/bl...te-cities-2016

I'm not saying it's safe everywhere in the city, but it's not nearly as bad as the right-wingnuts make it out to be. Especially when they're talking about gun control.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol! The US is not Japan. The more common way here to commit suicide ( which by the way has dropped ) is using a firearm. Show me a link which shows more people have died from rifles than knifes from all sources. Murder is the highest concern people should have when it comes to being a victim. If people want to commit suicide, they can use several different ways. As Japan has a higher suicide rate and firearms are very restricted there.
    Suicide by firearm is high here because of the modern push for firearm proliferation and marketing to increase sales. The sad part about it is that suicidal people regret attempting suicide by a large margin, but with a firearm it has a high chance of lethality when they are in their most depressive state.

Guns are not going anywhere. This just goes to show you how bad indoctrination has gone that people are still grasping at something to blame then the actual underlying problem. People like Daelak will litterally wise up in older age or go to their grave kicking and screaming having made no progress to their agenda. (which probably only involves bitching on the internet)

Although the article was published in 2011, the data is from 2006-7. Also please keep in mind that all studies on gun violence in the US are very flawed. There is congressional barriers preventing such studies and a data from the police is voluntary, there's even less accurate data on police violence. We live in a country where the ATF is not allowed to use computers and is extremely short staffed apparently having accurate information in regards to guns means taking away guns

10+ Year Old Account
    Cities with the highest murder rates? Chicago didn't even make the list.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/bl...te-cities-2016

I'm not saying it's safe everywhere in the city, but it's not nearly as bad as the right-wingnuts make it out to be. Especially when they're talking about gun control.
    That link refers to all murders. The discussion is about death rates from firearms. And I know from experience myself from growing up as a teenager in Cleveland Ohio, there are certain parts of most large cities which is far more dangerous than other sections. While Ghahana is not technically a part of Columbus, for all practical reasons it is. Same for parts of Chicago I would imagine and Illinois as a state is much more restrictive with gun control than Ohio is. It happens to be one of the few states which do not accept Ohio's conceal carry license for a handgun. More than 40 others do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Although the article was published in 2011, the data is from 2006-7. Also please keep in mind that all studies on gun violence in the US are very flawed. There is congressional barriers preventing such studies and a data from the police is voluntary, there's even less accurate data on police violence. We live in a country where the ATF is not allowed to use computers and is extremely short staffed apparently having accurate information in regards to guns means taking away guns
    Then why is it, the gun control crowd like use such data to prove their points? Referencing the number of deaths each year or the present year based on said data? It is only valid if it supports their position?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Guns are not going anywhere. This just goes to show you how bad indoctrination has gone that people are still grasping at something to blame then the actual underlying problem. People like Daelak will litterally wise up in older age or go to their grave kicking and screaming having made no progress to their agenda. (which probably only involves bitching on the internet)
    There is no indoctrination. At no point in US history has firearm proliferation and marketing based upon fear and successful lobbying efforts of the gun manufacturers and their trade groups reached such a fevered pace where you have people like @TITAN308 defending this era of blind adherence to their dogma, for free. General Patton would of slapped you upside the head and stuck your ass in his battalion if you were brandishing your AR-15 in public to "exercise" your right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Again, I don't have the data. I'm simply saying your statement is misleading based on YOUR evidence. You can say knives were used to murder more people, but going so far as to say knives killed more people(which was your claim, not mine) you have to include all the relevant data. Since you've failed to do so can we agree that they may have been used to murder more people but rifles are still a bigger threat when it comes to mass violence?

Also, we have restrictions on knives in most states. I wouldn't be opposed to restricting them more.
    Na. It is not misleading as I linked the data and refereed to what it was referring to. That more deaths from knives occur versus Rifles, murders would still be a fair comparison.

The knife restrictions in Ohio are dumb. Unless they are think they are more deadly in a close quarter situation and are easier to conceal carry. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    There is no indoctrination. At no point in US history has firearm proliferation and marketing based upon fear and successful lobbying efforts of the gun manufacturers and their trade groups reached such a fevered pace where you have people like @TITAN308 defending this era of blind adherence to their dogma, for free. General Patton would of slapped you upside the head and stuck your ass in his battalion if you were brandishing your AR-15 in public to "exercise" your right.
    Blah blah blah "I can't accept reality"