Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Nerf to the T18 2pc made me realise how astoundingly Blizzard dodges the T20 Set bonus issue.

I mean that those threads blew up the way they did, was caused by another nerf to those already weak set bonuses, yet this subject has been entirely ignored on Blizzards side.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The Nerf to the T18 2pc made me realise how astoundingly Blizzard dodges the T20 Set bonus issue.
    These are totally separate things in the eyes of the devs. Any time previous expansion gear shows up as competitive in current expansion content it gets nerfed to keep players from having to go back to out dated content for character progression. That is totally unrelated to the power level of the current set bonuses. This is especially true in this case where if you wanted you could wear 4pt20 with 2pt18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    I'm admittedly not a pro min-maxer so help me out here...is this an overall nerf for those who only have the 2pc?

So we got a the old nerfed 4pc as our new 2pc and a nerfed old 2pc as our 4pc.. how is this balancing?

Changed to 3s reduction (was 2) and 40% damage from 20
    Last edited by Shauren; 2017-06-14 at 10:56 AM.

still shit only less shittier

Seems weird to flip flop the 2 and 4 set. It's not worth wearing 2 set at all, need to have all 4 until it's a viable upgrade from mythic t 19.
    That, my friend, is called building an empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    So if ele viable or should i play enh ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    No. Run a sim before posting next time. They are pretty much a 4% overall DPS increase over an equal item level t19 set(920vs920). So basically equal if not slightly better than we had in NH pre nerf.
    Last edited by Unidus; 2017-06-16 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would decreasing icefury cooldown help? Say 15s?
    Would that be op?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    So if ele viable or should i play enh ?
    Current ele has by far the worst single target DPS in the game. They have stated additional tuning is coming, but until it gets here ele really isn't viable.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Would decreasing icefury cooldown help? Say 15s?
    Would that be op?
    If they wanted to mess with Icefury's cooldown, it would be much better to increase it slightly, but make it reduce with haste. At the moment, icefury's haste scaling is abysmal because of how much of its damage is locked behind cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I am fully aware of how good other casters have it.
    Shadow priests would like a word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Current ele has by far the worst single target DPS in the game.

It's not. There are a few that are in far worse shape than us for ST (ret, WW, fmage)

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    It's not. There are a few that are in far worse shape than us for ST (ret, WW, fmage)
    Right now, elemental is only out performing those specs at the very top end of parses where players are using the ascendance gloves and have significantly good rng with them, obtaining 50-60% uptimes on ascendance. 75th percentile for Trilliax, Krosus, and Star Augur, filtered for boss damage Elemental ranks dead last, dead last, second last ahead of ret.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ssdps&region=3

It's like people cannot fathom that elemental's entire power potential is locked BEHIND RNG. If you've seen ele doing well on fx Guldan mythic on 99th percentile, it's not a testiment to player skill, but rather luck on SK buffed CLs with Static Overload procs and crits on eyes etc. DisposableHero linked stuff, I cba even looking at them cause I might die from sadness. Elemental is SO FUCKING BAD in practice it's beyond my mind how anyone can think it's okay.

I might be very negative about elemental, but it's only because I've had to endure it for the entirety of NH. But it's just tiring having people state that elemental is fine, other classes have it worse etc. Who GIVES a fuck about numbers, those are always subject to change. When we've got no control over our dmg, we're getting so fucked over by movement (evident by looking at Trilliax in every single percentile bracket) and our "strength" is aoe which was nerfed into the ground, there's nothing left for elemental to make it worth bringing the spec over any other. To "fix" our terrible ST dmg, they slap yet another rng element onto our kit in the form of legendary gloves which are the only reason we're gonna be able to do a bit ST. Rng on Rng on Rng. It just DOESN'T WORK if you've got to perform and your performance actually matters, ie. mythic progression. HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS?
    Last edited by Nihiel; 2017-06-16 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad part is they'll probably nerf the Ascendance gloves lol

Edit: they got nerfed. I definitely feel like we need more than 3% buff to compensate.
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2017-06-17 at 03:03 AM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

I'm curious, everybody seems to hate this class(including me, im pretty sure im rerolling to a class with 3 dps specs), why exactly do you stay with the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    The sad part is they'll probably nerf the Ascendance gloves lol
    The only hope here is that they get the message and compensate accordingly.

I mean i am lucky enough to get those gloves, but they're pretty much the most disruptive Legendary for Elemental.

Constantly "preparing" for a possible Ascendance after using FS / ES is just annoying.

This legendary is just badly designed, ignoring the fact that it's the only item that makes Elemental decent in ST currently.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-06-16 at 10:08 PM.

Looks like the gloves are getting nerfed.

They now have a 10% chance to proc per 100 maelstorm spent, instead of 20%.

But we got a 3% buff to all abilities.