View Poll Results: What is your most trusted news source.

Voters
169. This poll is closed
  • CNN

38 22.49%
  • MSNBC

5 2.96%
  • NPR

43 25.44%
  • FOX NEWS

36 21.30%
  • HuffPost

1 0.59%
  • Breitbart

13 7.69%
  • InfoWars

19 11.24%
  • The Young Turks

14 8.28%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    BBC news /10char

- - - Updated - - -

So the earth is flat then?

only in some places in Arkansas and Oklahoma (other than that have not seen it too flat).

Deleted

MSMs new favourite thing to do: False headline, issue corrections later. Fake story gets circulated, correction doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya it's not your fault - we live in an era where all news is fake news now.

The last stand of journalism is clutched in the hands of a few fanatics - who are themselves just newsie cosplayers - dressing up in their Edward R. Murrow personas and LARP'ing integrity, in their news-caps and their trenchcoats.

Sensationalism and celebrity gossip have won the day. Even when good journalism is practiced, it can no longer be identified in the sea of bullshit, through which it swims. Journalism requires trust, without it, all news is fake - so we killed journalism when we sacrificed trust on the altar of dick pics and lulz.
    So you voted for the young turks ironically I assume?
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2017-06-15 at 04:48 PM.

Something that I realized is most mainstream media such as the Washington post , CNN, fox and MSNBC are all held by wealthy corporations and thus care less about your feelings and more on how they make money and scam you into believing they really care about you and your views. As water down YouTube is a video from their makes me more aware of my world then any that I listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    wheres the option of none?

sure i like Tucker on FOX *showing the true face of crazy*, and i honestly wonder how he keeps his job after whats been happening their. But, I really don't like anyone any where as they seem all agenda driven FOX included. i would say the least trustworthy news would be Clinton News Network though.
    Tucker is not a journalist and his show is not a news show. He is a commentator and his show is just that commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Fox News isn't allowed the distinction of "news" in Canada.
    Again, there is a difference between NEWS and COMMENTARY. Fox News, CNN, MSNBC talking about the Shooting in VA is news reporting. Talking about why the shooter did it and political discourse, is Commentary.

If Fox News update claimed the shooter was a black muslim from Portland, then that would qualify them as untrustworhtly NEWS source. If HANITY claims the guy did it because he was a conspiracy filled liberal who hates all Republicans and wanted to start a revolution, that would be COMMENTARY.

Same goes for the other news networks, with Maddow, Lemon, etc..

Hint: If there is a panel of people, it is 99% chance a Commentary show.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-06-15 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya it's not your fault - we live in an era where all news is fake news now.

The last stand of journalism is clutched in the hands of a few fanatics - who are themselves just newsie cosplayers - dressing up in their Edward R. Murrow personas and LARP'ing integrity, in their news-caps and their trenchcoats.

Sensationalism and celebrity gossip have won the day. Even when good journalism is practiced, it can no longer be identified in the sea of bullshit, through which it swims. Journalism requires trust, without it, all news is fake - so we killed journalism when we sacrificed trust on the altar of dick pics and lulz.

I blame media for selling out. Replacing journalists with eye candy and infotainment. Honestly if your local stations can't be bothered with more news than fits in 10 minutes mixed in a BS stories and puff pieces about Agnes turning _____ and still loves hot dogs. Honestly what would we expect?

Station are franchises for marketing.

What happened to news that challenged people journalists not afraid of getting roughed up threatened to get to the truth.

I agree with you about truth but we lost that a long time ago for ratings.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-06-15 at 04:48 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    None of these sources are trustworthy and it's the reason why I don't bother with the news and political bullshit because it's such a waste of time. Stories get altered so much as they are passed down. It's like that game where you whisper something in someone's ear and they have to repeat what you said to the next person the best they can OR they can say something completely different if they want. That's pretty much how the news is today. If there is any truth there's not much of it. They're only out there to get views and to get paid, truth be damned.

Prob fox if i were to ever watch news horseshit like cnn is in that lunatic category lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely The Onion.

AP news usually. I check out CNN a lot too I guess, but them constantly spinning everything to the left gets annoying. Then I shamefully will go to a Wiki page just to get general gist of what it's about in a TLDR manner.

I also lurk here in Gen-OT because there's usually a decent amount of sources and the opinions expressed here basically sum up most articles by "journalists" these days anyway. Though this site and its moderators lean pretty far to the left in my opinion and seem to stomp out all else. Also it's always interesting to see how the rest of the world views certain things.

Just kind of try to look between the lines on everything because everyone is trying to spin it to fit their view.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    AP news usually. I check out CNN a lot too I guess, but them constantly spinning everything to the left gets annoying. Then I shamefully will go to a Wiki page just to get general gist of what it's about in a TLDR manner.

I also lurk here in Gen-OT because there's usually a decent amount of sources and the opinions expressed here basically sum up most articles by "journalists" these days anyway. Though this site and its moderators lean pretty far to the left in my opinion and seem to stomp out all else. Also it's always interesting to see how the rest of the world views certain things.

Just kind of try to look between the lines on everything because everyone is trying to spin it to fit their view.

Pretty much mmo champ is not a non partisan haven lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    For me that is a big list, but I don't trust anyone except maybe Philip De Franco.
    This, while he isn't perfect he's much more professional than any of the current news outlets.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of your list?

NPR.

I also like the BBC, and anything tagged Reuters or AP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    InfoWars, of course!
    Everything else is blatant biased lies..
    Infowars is terrible.

Try Tuck Buckford and Brainfight for a real man's news cast.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, as all news can and will likely be fake. You need to be able to determine if what they're saying is true. Best way to do this is to assume nothing is 100% true.

Where is RT and sputnik?

I use a combination of google news, politifact, and allsides.

- P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Nothing, as all news can and will likely be fake. You need to be able to determine if what they're saying is true. Best way to do this is to assume nothing is 100% true.
    So i should assume everything you typed is untrue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    So you voted for the young turks ironically I assume?
    They hired Abby Martin the other day actually, so they got my vote for that. NPR is still obviously better than TYT.

Abby is one of the few journalists I respect though (or Murrow cosplayers, if you prefer).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-06-15 at 08:48 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Onion is the only news source I trust. Everything else is fake news.

15+ Year Old Account
    BBC, Reuters, and Ars Technica
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The poll is missing a choice - you need an option that has "many" as the answer. I don't trust any one source - I look at multiple sources.

If I had to pick from your list, however, I would take NPR.

(I'm sure my nemesis' are SHOCKED)