Class Question for Tomb

This is not a "what class should I play" post. Someone in my raid is taking the resto druid healing spot that I have occupied since the beginning of Legion. With that being said I am the strongest healer we have an want to move to a class that will counter more in ToS.

I really feel like Priest might be the strongest in ToS, maybe not on meters but in terms of the wide toolkit. I can choose between priest and paladin for role. They are both 110 and both geared enough for normal when it launches.

Do you thinking Priest will be strong enough to topple paladin as the best healer of the light?

Seems the paladin toolkit will be 100% based on Light of Dawn, which will be strong, but is a smaller and harder to use AOE heal than HW or Circle. Outside of that you get an immune and better tank healing. However, the druid kit is being changed to favor tank healing more and I feel a good druid will drastically shorten the snipe style of healing a paladin has.

Really just looking for advise from anyone who knows both classes. I don't have a major preference myself and the internal debate in my head is killing me.

Again, I am looking for beneficial not throughput, they are different things, so any thoughts in that area would be appreciated.

Are you pushing for server first mythic kills?

If not, then it really doesn't matter what classes you bring. Use whoever has the most skill/gear.

We are not pushing for first kills. I just enjoy a more useful role, hence wanting away from druid as they were throughput only for a long time.

Either can have gear and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post
    We are not pushing for first kills. I just enjoy a more useful role, hence wanting away from druid as they were throughput only for a long time.

Either can have gear and skill.
    Priest should poop on a HPala's hps in most Tomb fights w/ t20, but if you are the strongest mechanical healer in your raid, then Paladin has the highest upside with their 20 different mini cd's, efficient spells, and ways to save people. So do you need HPS or utility in your raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Priest should poop on a HPala's hps in most Tomb fights w/ t20, but if you are the strongest mechanical healer in your raid, then Paladin has the highest upside with their 20 different mini cd's, efficient spells, and ways to save people. So do you need HPS or utility in your raid?
    I guess that is the big question. We have a decent mix of immunes for mechanic soaks. Our heal comp will have Shaman, Monk, Druid, then me. Will pally CDs really outweigh with the new druid tier being swiftmend dependent? It seems like they will be saving folks near as much now and then with the shorter CD on HWs we should have our snipe heal up more often.

Been healing since Vanilla and never actually had to debate on what class I wanted to play for the content.

Deleted
    Always, and I mean ALWAYS, choose paladin if you don't already have a paladin in your setup.

Holy priest lacks any sort of utility or damage reductions for your raid, and your healing cooldown (divine hymn) remains the weakest cooldown in the raid. What you can provide as a holy priest is a competitive output, but that really is not enough.

As a disc priest you get a harder-to-play class but with pretty good utility. Your output will suffer, however.

But like I said, if you don't have a paladin in your lineup: play one! The spot that a holy priest might compete with would be druid or monk, but as we all know, there's nothing a holy priest can do that a druid can't do much better.

Deleted
    Have to second what Starmind is saying, a raid without beacons is a raid with more problems then necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    Always, and I mean ALWAYS, choose paladin if you don't already have a paladin in your setup.

Holy priest lacks any sort of utility or damage reductions for your raid, and your healing cooldown (divine hymn) remains the weakest cooldown in the raid. What you can provide as a holy priest is a competitive output, but that really is not enough.

As a disc priest you get a harder-to-play class but with pretty good utility. Your output will suffer, however.

But like I said, if you don't have a paladin in your lineup: play one! The spot that a holy priest might compete with would be druid or monk, but as we all know, there's nothing a holy priest can do that a druid can't do much better.
    i could be wrong, but I think druid drop off in Mythic will be big. They are already dropping ranks in throughput and the T20 bonus for them is sad.

If you don't have a paladin, and you want to play a class that helps the raid, you should play a paladin.