Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is you call every place that serves food a restaurant. So whenever you trip to Europe you ask for a restaurant and end up in what in the US you'd call fancy restaurant.

Just ask for a fast food place or all-you-can-eat restaurant and people will politely point you towards your next heart attack with a mixture of sadness and disgust on their faces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I'll go the other way and cant belive how much food you get in America, its pretty insane. Not only the dinner every meal. You shouldnt eat so you feel like you are about to burst or close. You should eat till you get filled and not until you are full if that makes any sense.
    It make perfect sense, and is part of the way I lost a weight when I felt I was getting to heavy for my liking. Portion control, not eating within a couple hours before bed, cut out sugars, and started drinking a ton of water.

Before that, I was eating a bunch of chips (whole bag in a sitting). Would eat meals that left me feeling slow and tired when I was done. Drank 2-3 liters of soda a day. And much of it was processed garbage.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    @<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=877176" target="_blank">Orlong</a>

i still want to know to which bloody country you have been.
    Havent been to any in Europe, but I watch a lot of TV and have seen many shows where they visit European restaurants (not fictional shows and movies. I mean shows on Food Network, Travel Channel and Cooking Channel). And rarely do they show any restaurants with normal portions (with the exception of an occasional sausage house). Id love to visit but I cannot sit on a plane for 20 hours. Id go insane. And youll never see a European restaurant on an episode of Ginormous Food:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Also this is a pretty standard size

Not sure wtf the OP is on about.
    Way too much empty space on that plate!!

Heres an American steak:

Last edited by Orlong; 2017-06-15 at 05:31 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Look at the Europeans jumping up on their high horses. You would probably eat more if you weren't so terribly poor. The Richer countries obesity rates are a lot closer to those in the U.S than most of you care to admit. Europeans are only thinner because they can't afford the food.
    Europe isn't africa , in fact several european country GDP per capita is above the US.

And even so, mass produced US food is probably cheaper with different "laws" or taxes.

Michelin star restaurants are all about quality and taste, not the amounts of food.

Then there's your average restaurant which has bigger more filled plates.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-15 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Domino's Pizza - 2x Medium Pies with 2 Toppings each, $5.99 each. For $12.00 I can feed 6 people.

They use cheap ingredients, have low overhead, and pay their employees minimum wage. Generally only 2-3 on staff at any given time.
    This is the problem I have with American style restaurants. When I think of an American style restaurant, I think cost cutting to provide large amounts of lower grade food.

I could eat at Domino's any time I wanted. They periodically try to provide my shop with business deals. I never touch it ever.

I cheerfully spend twice as much at a locally owned place. Not only do I have the satisfaction of eating a much better pizza, I also get to keep money within the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Of course it is. Thats what a real portion should be. Enough to make you want to loosen your belt and have a little left to take home for later
    Oh, so you admit European portions are fine?

Because that was an European portion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Also this is a pretty standard size

Not sure wtf the OP is on about.
    You'd have a hard time beating the US on meat dishes

And the cost would be lower too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Europe isn't africa , in fact several european country GDP per capita is above the US.
    Don't expect an American to tell the difference, they have no education after all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    This is the problem I have with American style restaurants. When I think of an American style restaurant, I think cost cutting to provide large amounts of lower grade food.

I could eat at Domino's any time I wanted. They periodically try to provide my shop with business deals. I never touch it ever.

I cheerfully spend twice as much at a locally owned place. Not only do I have the satisfaction of eating a much better pizza, I also get to keep money within the community.
    All facts. I agree completely. lol, we actually have a place near by that serves a 24" pizza pie. That pie alone is enough to feed 4 people. It is locally owned, and better quality than any chain pizza joint.

As for the American Style of large quantity with low quality, I can totally agree with that. Which is why I cook at home 90% of the time these days. It is cheaper, better, and more satisfying. And I can control the portions and not waste food that won't be eaten. I'm not a fan of cooking a nice meal only for half of it to be left for left overs. It's an odd thing with me. I take so much pride in preparing a meal that I feel if someone has to microwave some the next day, that is the taste they will remember, not the fresh taste of when it was served right from the pan/oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You'd have a hard time beating the US on meat dishes

And the cost would be lower too.
    That steak is huge. I don't know how anyone could eat that in one sitting.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    My buddy Dave..without even stopping to take a drink. He is astounding to watch eat. And he isn't giant either. Big, but not giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Havent been to any in Europe, but I watch a lot of TV and have seen many shows where they visit European restaurants (not fictional shows and movies. I mean shows on Food Network, Travel Channel and Cooking Channel). And rarely do they show any restaurants with normal portions (with the exception of an occasional sausage house). Id love to visit but I cannot sit on a plane for 20 hours. Id go insane. And youll never see a European restaurant on an episode of Ginormous Food:

Are you serious? I hope that restaurent is located at a hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    please link something that plays outside of Hungary? thank you.
    Oops. Try this one. Different cut, so look around 9:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    And at opposite side you got a euro size plate lol, sorry but why compare with extreme sizes in the US?
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-06-15 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Americans enjoy large portion sizes at affordable prices. Expensive prices for tiny portions is not enjoyable. I guess people in europe just have extra money to throw away.
    Don't come to Europe then.

7+ Year Old Account
    The photo in the OP.... I can't stop laughing at the cutlery on the far right.

Its been a few years since I was in Europe. Last I was there, the serving sizes at the various restaurants I visited in both Italy and Germany were above and beyond what I can eat.

What a ridiculous fucking post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    Can't believe how many of you fell for the OPs post....

I got a laugh from it, thx OP
    >he thinks the OP is trolling and not just batshit crazy

Awwww

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nobody is leaving hungry

this is perfect example why US has so much obisity problems - people there eat too much - you dont need more then 2-2,5k colories a day as grown up - if you eat 4-5k calaries you will end up fat as f... unless you are some kind of pro athlete with intensive training ongoing
    You assume that plate 1 is eaten in entirety in one sitting. A better way to look at it is that Plate 1 is two or three meals for the price of one!.