Whispers has a low PPM, so you can't take anecdotal evidence over 1 night with very short boss fights to make such a claim. Plenty of people have seen 0 to 1 whisper procs on NH fights prior to the patch.

Plenty of ppl have seen it not proc for 2 fights in a row and at the third chain procs...
    I hate RNG trinkets.

Btw, Whispers can't be BiS all the way to mythic right? Another trinket with 30 ilvl difference has to be better...

Titanforged it sure can be. Trinket effects have always been up and down through tiers =/

I'm half expecting another nerf to it because of that, though. It's way out of line with the rest.

Hopefully #2 isn't also an active. I'd prefer the shark or the shadow spears.

If any trinket needs to be adjusted a la DoS, it's the Unstable Arcanocrystal. On Gebuz and Jund's sheet, it's showing as being better than a 925 Whispers at 880. A 900 would beat almost every 955 ToS trinket. And this is across most specs. Maybe this is by design though, to keep people farming Nethershards hoping for a good roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    If any trinket needs to be adjusted a la DoS, it's the Unstable Arcanocrystal. On Gebuz and Jund's sheet, it's showing as being better than a 925 Whispers at 880. A 900 would beat almost every 955 ToS trinket. And this is across most specs. Maybe this is by design though, to keep people farming Nethershards hoping for a good roll.
    My 860 arcano never simmed higher than my 900 Storm (int / mastery proc) or 910 whispers, even in AoE. I'll have to check it again though since it's been a while. I should dump my shards into getting a higher one ... but I've been leaning towards shoulders to try for Xavious transmog.

Sims use thousands of iterations to get average proc rates. I'll never see the average proc rate of any trinket in my lifetime. The spreadsheet says also Whispers doesn't work correctly for the aoe numbers and the spreadsheet seems to overvalue dmg trinkets like Fury of the Burning Sky or Star Gate in aoe situations

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding it impossible to kill the void lord purple thingy in the Chromie scenario.
    What's the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Btw, Whispers can't be BiS all the way to mythic right? Another trinket with 30 ilvl difference has to be better...
    Care to pick another besides Arcanocrystal? MAYBE the Charm, but it's just so... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I'm finding it impossible to kill the void lord purple thingy in the Chromie scenario.
    What's the secret?
    Use SD; Starfall when he's about to pop the dumb ground effect thing. Strafe-run when he's at ~0.5s left to the cast time, and just stand on the edge of it (and the platform) to maximize space. Definitely use CA/Inc on him.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

How do you guys handle ED? I find it very fucked up. Back in the days I knew the haste breakpoint and went accordingly. Now because sometimes I don't have Starlord idk what to cast, 2 LS 1 SW, 3 SW, 2 SW 1 LS etc...
    And either they somehow nerfed us or ED gimped my dps badly by taking me out of my comfort zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    How do you guys handle ED? I find it very fucked up. Back in the days I knew the haste breakpoint and went accordingly. Now because sometimes I don't have Starlord idk what to cast, 2 LS 1 SW, 3 SW, 2 SW 1 LS etc...
    And either they somehow nerfed us or ED gimped my dps badly by taking me out of my comfort zone...
    Quick answer: 1 eLS, 1 eSW, 1 SW between each SS. I don't know if this is optimal but it nets you 35 AsP (+5 per Starsurge cycle), which builds up your AsP bar for when you need to move (so you can use MFs and SSs in between movement). You're now intended to have a 99%+ uptime on the buff.

Long answer: Ask Slippykins.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

For the ED rotation, there is a BreakPoint at 24% haste (~25% haste, not to be worried by the lag).
    This allows to use SS, 1eLS, 1 GCD, 1 eSW then SS.
    I think the best rotation is using 2SS. then starting to use SS / 2eSW+1eLS / SS / 2eLS / SS /etc.
    Fitting NM instead of 1 eSW, HM instead of 1 eLS, and FM for a full rotation.

The 2eSW+1eLS rotation (that gives +5 AsP) and the Moons are enough to use some double SS (to get enough eLS for the rotation) or re-apply the Sunfire.

With WitD procs, you want to use more eLS, instead of eSW, because the casttime of eSW becomes so low it isn't worth tu use them.
    That even allows you to use SS / 1eSW+1eLS / SS, when you got the negative of the WitD. and you shouldn't lose your ED buff.

-If playing with OI, use the procs instead of a GCD (but remember, it doesn't give any AsP, it becomes harder to maintain the ED buff)
    Obivously, if you're lucky, you'll get Starfall procs followed by a SS proc. and that helps A LOT.
    Last edited by Nitsou; 2017-06-15 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iskalla made a nice guide about new ED here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...3ffJNNoJ9A/pub

Thanks for the help guys.
    Hoping for OI as next lego, I'm fed up with ED.
    ED starts to feel like Feral gameplay. Harder to use at max capacity but same results as an easier class(OI).

It's hella easy at 5 seconds now

I am really curious which leggo I should be going for next. I should be on the cusp of getting my next one before the end of the weak. Currently I have IO, ED, and IFE. I have read that the moon cloak is better on live than expected, and that the new ring is pretty good. Any ideas what the default setup will be in ToS?

(Still want the shoulders for M+, but haven't had them drop yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I am really curious which leggo I should be going for next. I should be on the cusp of getting my next one before the end of the weak. Currently I have IO, ED, and IFE. I have read that the moon cloak is better on live than expected, and that the new ring is pretty good. Any ideas what the default setup will be in ToS?

You want shoulders for raids too. Pretty much any fight you're taking Soul of the Forest talent the shoulders are probably ideal to wear.

Welp looks like the changes going in on Tuesday are up and we got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post

I'm assuming you meant "OI", in which case, LATC (Shoulders) and SOTA (7.2.5 Class Ring) are all you really want left. Prydaz also isn't a horrible one to find (esp for progression and soloing challenging old stuff) and PoE is also good for niche situations (mostly soloing old stuff)

TBH though I probs won't use LATC except on specific fights because I'd rather use OI/Rings. If we could equip 3 legendaries (gods I hope we can in 7.3(.5)), my go-to would probably be OI, IFE, and either LATC or SOTA.

I like ED and IFE together. I been using that combo for most of the expansion, IFE was my first legendary and ED was my second.

I got my hands on OI much, much later (sometime during Nighthold) and have really had a hard time adjusting to using it. I understand it's usefulness and I like it's use, (it's somewhat fun to play with as well). I find that a lot of the fights thus far are not really pure AoE fights though, and whenever a single target section of a fight pops up I feel weak as hell during it without ED.

I dunno, just a personal preference I guess. Some people dislike the play style of ED, I tend to enjoy it though. I'll likely continue using that combo moving into ToS.