Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anyone else really want to see Garrisons make a return (albeit changed)?

Even though Garrisons were *FAR* from any sort of "player housing", nevertheless I enjoyed my time with them. Well, I thought the Horde Garrison was really bland (Lunarfall, on the other hand, oozed personality), but still; there was definitely potential there. Especially when they started introducing *ACTUAL* customization, like music, guards, and decorations.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but even though Garrisons definitely did a lot of things that were detrimental to the game as a whole, I'd still like to see Blizzard return to the idea. Don't make them mandatory (or even "rewarding" in terms of raid-gear), but add further levels of customization, and maybe find a happy medium between WoD's Followers and Legion's Champions (I hate having to worry about which characters are "active", as it makes new followers feel less rewarding).

I'd probably move the Garrisons someplace a little more neutral, though, and maybe make them account-wide. Have Class-specific cosmetic rewards, and really be able to make your Garrison into a fortress of your choosing.

But maybe I'm alone on that?

Not really, I don't want location where you are isolated from everyone.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I'd like to see a big "guild support" push again like they had in Cata.

Garrisons would have been a great Guild Castle concept had it been expanded.

The main issue with it that prevented it from ever being any viable player/guild housing was that it was designed to last one, and only one, expansion. Much like raid design, its just a general waste of development to create stuff with a self-imposed shelflife.

Agreed, having content that gets "retired" seems like a complete waste. It's a big reason I'm wary of Class Halls, because the Rogues', in particular, really feels like something that's destined to be replaced before long.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, while i really hated the version of the Garrison that was implemented in WoD, i really liked the concept alot. If they should make a perfect version of the garrison system, they should really just make a raid-manager game.

You get to have a base, where you create a homebase for 25-30 followers. Each of these followers are max lvl, but have crap gear and as the player, you can gear them out. With the gear, they can do all from dungeons, raids or just farming random stuff for you. You will get a small bonus when it comes to consumeables or income if you make use of the system, but the primary object of the Garrison is for you to get cosmetic gear from old raids/dungeons and then getting rewards made for the Garrison system itself.

Like, would it not be fun to be able to control an entire raid team, costumize them out personally and cheer them on when you send them into BWL for the first time. It is all about creating a system, which you could really use 100% of your time on, yet not putting you at an advantage when it comes to raiding or having a ton of gold. It is all about creating a game inside the game, which you could have alot of fun with or simply just ignore if you don't find it fun.

If Blizzard would do this, they would pretty much get my sub for the entirety of an expasion life-time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Guild Garrisons. They have to do this now they had order halls and zone building on the Broken Shore.

7+ Year Old Account
    only over my dead and rotten body.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think player or even guild specific zones like Garrisons were would be good for the game in any way.

Hell no!

WoD garrisons failed and everyone knows why.

Class Order Halls failed since it still had the damn table tied into the main story. Plus CRZ Order halls are fucking annoying to try and click on npcs and that shitty mission table.

It's lazy game design, this is meant to be a MMORPG and not shitbook mmo click fest.

Deleted
    Only if they're guild halls and lack things like banks, auction house, important vendors etc so that people have to hang out in cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way people handled Garrisons, and many of their complaints, I wouldn't even want to see player housing.

Rather see guild bases/halls/garrisons/houses..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if they wanna do Garrisons again they should take a page from FFXIV's mission board. You get 'followers' from actively playing the game by filling out your challenge log, and it's side-content that mostly just rewards neat transmog gear and crafting mats, really just there for Grand Company enthusiasts and people looking for a little extra something to do.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Agreed, having content that gets "retired" seems like a complete waste. It's a big reason I'm wary of Class Halls, because the Rogues', in particular, really feels like something that's destined to be replaced before long.
    Good thing they already said it's only for this expansion same as the artifacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Hell no!

WoD garrisons failed and everyone knows why.

Class Order Halls failed since it still had the damn table tied into the main story. Plus CRZ Order halls are fucking annoying to try and click on npcs and that shitty mission table.

It's lazy game design, this is meant to be a MMORPG and not shitbook mmo click fest.
    After what it sounds like on people, class halls didn't fail as much as Garrisons is claimed to have done.

I'm amazed that no one is even whining about the Mists of Pandaria farm... Same system, just not connected with anything, thus felt even more like a 'mini-game' excuse as some use, than the mission table.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Blood of sargeras passively supplies me with all the supplies i need. beats having to do that mine/garden imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Not really, I don't want location where you are isolated from everyone.
    You're not ever isolated. There are guards walking around, there are servants tending to your garrison, there are your bodyguards / champions, traders, etc. I have an AH access from there.

I still have my Garrison Stone on my action bars and i spend time in my garrison every day. I like the quiet and it's like my personal safe space. And i'm the commander of it.

I go to the baracks and sit there among the soldiers. Spend time in the mage tower studying. Go outside to fish in the pond.

Etc.

I love my garrison much better than the fugly Shaman Order Hall.
    Last edited by Korban; 2017-06-15 at 10:35 PM.

No, never again. ONLY if it was implemented like Final Fantasy's Guild houses.

Nope!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Guild "Garrison" might actually work if they do interesting things with it. Pvp comes to mind, but I'm skeptical the Garrison was probably the most retarded addition to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'd like to see a big "guild support" push again like they had in Cata.

Garrisons would have been a great Guild Castle concept had it been expanded.

The main issue with it that prevented it from ever being any viable player/guild housing was that it was designed to last one, and only one, expansion. Much like raid design, its just a general waste of development to create stuff with a self-imposed shelflife.
    While that definitely encouraged guild interaction. It also had some pretty bad things that developed.

(1) Ownership. GLers were totally abusing control over guilds and the "ownership therein"
    (2) People felt compelled to stay in abusive and narcisstic situations
    (3) It became more of what can you do for the guild, and little benefit to the individual members beyond perks
    (4) Because of perks big guilds remained big, and smaller guilds remained small (if people were going to join some random guild... they wanted perks *especially leveling perks*)