Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    No now go away
    Nah dude, you can go ahead and do that

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    BUT JUST WHO WILL EVERYBODY BLAME ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ON NOW!@?!?!?!?!?!???!?!??!

Anybody who works 5+ years on the behemoth that is WoW, even if you disagree with them, deserves respect.
    Cause, nerfing my class over and over again, is something to respect about....

RIGHT?! No.

- - - Updated - - -

I can respect Holinka for trying. His execution though fell....

I'll respect his efforts, not his achievements....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The man at the top gets the blame; his replacement, in turn, gets the blame. Seems logical, agreed.
    Basically, and it is the same game over and over. Some people just wish to nag, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    More like consumers need a target for their frustrations with half designed, unfinished garbage being advertised as a full, AAA game.
    Pfff, some of the complaints are more of the sort, "why don't I get noticed". I understand some of the frustrations but just like GC, Holinka got blamed for things he wasn't part of as well.

Oh, and your last comment is just your opinion, we can't by 100% know if it was unfinished but only that some didn't like everything there.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    There is a reason why i have both of them on ignore. Everyone should as it makes reading these forums a lot better.

As for Holinka, glad he is moving on ( too bad he is still at Blizzard) but we now might get a PvP lead who understands the game. Since people should understand what a leads role is in any company.

Next on the hit list is :

Ion
    Celestalon
    I like how short the list is, when there's obviously many more within their ranks whom sits with something people could blame them for, but all blame the named/known ones the most.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People wanted Ghostcrawler back, but Ghostcrawler atleast was known for actual, tangible contribution and produced results. Holinka was supposed to have stopped the decline in quality pvp content. He made a crap zone map, and did nothing about it other than dumbing it down pass the already dumbed down version of what was supposed to be an amazing zone. He let pve aspects over run pvp. He made gear progression changes. He even had Ion speak on more things PVP related than he, the director-himself, than he has ever since taking over. And I know... there are some people that are like, he cant take all the blame for what happened in PVP, but yes he can. He is in charge, he is/was the guy that puts his stamp on all things pvp related. That is his division, or to put it in a more RPG way of saying it, his realm. He is responsible for it, because he takes majority responsibility for it. Ghostcrawler, didnt leave piss poor legacy.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Deleted
    Watch it get even worse and then everyone will be like bring back holinka.

We've seen the antics of that player-base before. They don't care if PvP is good, they just want to complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Oh please; it was nearly universally disliked which is why it was redesigned every single month. If everyone liked it they would have left it alone and Holinka wouldn't have come across as an out of touch moron on every forum post he made trying to cover it up.
    It was continuously redesigned because players did everything in their power *not* to PVP in Ashran when it's primary function was a PVP zone. Eventually you had no choice but to PVP in order to reap it's rewards and even then you only hoped the other team never showed up to fight.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the fact he's moving into a new post at Blizzard says what they think of him.

Spoiler: It's probably a promotion.
    It could be a lateral move. I'm betting he's on the eSports team now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    It really is not. It's a dude moving on to a new job. Happens. Good luck to him.

WoW team is huge. Anyone who's ever worked in a company of 5k or more employers understands shots don't get called by one guy, no matter how much of a manager he is. It just doesn't work that way.

Anyone who doesn't understand that ... well, you'll learn one day when you grow up.
    His job title was "Lead PvP Designer". It was in fact, his call, for all of it. His boss is Ion - he certainly wasn't in the trenches designing PvP related stuff.

When you grow up, you'll realize how lame white knighting is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So. They are looking for a new gameproducer for a new diablo game. One of the plusses in the application is experience with massive multiplayer games. Holinka Swapping position and going to a new project/job.

Calling it. Diablo mmo in the works.

and since i guess people want sources and shit.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o8Rq5fwe

The new project is a first person game. It's in the job descriptions.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced engine engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project.
    (emphasis mine)

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oFop4fwg

The job posting you linked is for Game Director. It requires real experience directing other games that shipped. Holinka doesn't even begin to qualify for that job.

They're also hiring for a LOT of positions on the eSports team. I'm betting that's where he went.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2017-06-15 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Agreed Jay. I loved Ashran as well. I loved my tug of war PvP style and fighting it out against the Aliiance for the objectives. Hell I was in there for days once.
    I actually enjoy Ashran quite a bit. I wish rewards were relevant in Legion, but bg wise I spent a LOT of time in it during WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    No way, D3 is dead, there's no expansion no nothing coming after necromancer pack, just maintenance mode. It took them over a year just to make this character + some cosmetics. There is literally no team left on D3. You should watch some Rhyker videos, he explains a lot of these things ( with interviews and stuff )
    Pretty much this. If the necro pack sells well, we might see another class pack, but we're not seeing any more serious work done on the game.

Good. Theyneed to get rid of more , like Ion. Anyone that had anything to do with WOD or 7.2 minus the art and music teams
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Do I need to remind you that Ashran was Holinka's idea? You know, the PvP zone that was pretty much universally disliked.
    If you listen to people, they do not like anything in WoW. But they play it because they secretly like it.

• Little patch > Spit (Because theres nothing to do)
    • Big patch > Spit (Because of farming)
    • No news > Spit (Because theres no news)
    • News > Spit (Because news are always bad)
    • No content > Spit (Because after 1 month its boring)
    • New content > Spit (Because they havent clear the previous content)

Well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Always amused me when people assumed he made every decision solely.
    Centuries-long principle in play: Messengers get shot. Some times I think the forums call for more feedback so they better know who to aim at.

Brian will be fine wherever he's going. Not expecting a D3 MMO though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It was continuously redesigned because players did everything in their power *not* to PVP in Ashran when it's primary function was a PVP zone. Eventually you had no choice but to PVP in order to reap it's rewards and even then you only hoped the other team never showed up to fight.
    This is precisely the nature of a lot of open-world PVP. It's pretty much a thankless job to be working on it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-15 at 11:01 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    People didn't do Ashran for the PVP, they did it for the universal ah parts.
    Wierd since Ashran was a PvP zone designed for *GASP* PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another thought: I saw Brian and Tom Chilton doing events together and they seemed to get along OK. Maybe he's joining Chilton on whatever he's working on, which was supposed to be something new if I remember right.

If someone knows better feel free to knock it down. It's just random speculation.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I'm glad because he was largely responsible for ruining pvp in wow
    except he wasn't at all responsible for ruining it, but you have absolutely no idea why its ruined, so its not surprising that you would think this

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I'm glad because he was largely responsible for ruining pvp in wow.
    You should be looking at class designers and pruning really. He did OK with what he was given...

The problem with PvP in Legion is the horrific reward system for most players.

Somehow, I don't think Holinka was responsible for that. Why would he want the reward for content he was responsible for nerfed? That would just make usage goals (on which he is likely judged) harder to meet.

No, I think the reward nerf was imposed on PvP from higher up. No wonder he's moving on if they shat on him like that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

He was at the helm for WoD... one of the greatest pvp blunders ever.

I also find it awkward to think that WoW is no longer a destination job. Curious if he's moving to a different game or just promoted to blizzard at large.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is this satire? PvP has sucked since that dude has been involved bar a few seasons
    It is Jaylock. Not a single thing he writes on these forums is to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It is Jaylock. Not a single thing he writes on these forums is to be taken seriously.
    Back fresh from his most recent ban with like 3 new threads.
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-06-16 at 01:24 AM.