View Poll Results: What is your most trusted news source.

Voters
169. This poll is closed
  • CNN

38 22.49%
  • MSNBC

5 2.96%
  • NPR

43 25.44%
  • FOX NEWS

36 21.30%
  • HuffPost

1 0.59%
  • Breitbart

13 7.69%
  • InfoWars

19 11.24%
  • The Young Turks

14 8.28%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Random Youtubers (wont name them) but if like 10 of them report the same thing, there must be some truth to it.

Breitbart and Fox are ok as well, Inforwars is like 90% reliable. CNN and the Young Turds is just fake news and if they report something, the opposite is probably true.

I never get my news just from one source.

I try to read three, one neutral, one left, one right.

I disregard any "anonymous sources," "hearsay" or "opinions" and try to just look at the facts.

It's a little bit of work, but if you care (or are interested) in the story than it is worth it to get to the bottom of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    None, read as many as possible and evaluate them against each other.
    Same here. It is often fascinating to read about the some event/incident on a variety of news sites and find it hard to recognize their stories as describing the same event.

Question everything. Filter through many lenses. Be wary of pat solutions and those just-too-good-to-be-true soundbytes. The truth IS out there, but modern "news" has often made finding it something of a scavenger hunt.

mmo-champion not even on the poll... what kinda thread is this...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thank those who agree I am the most trusted. I demand to be added in the poll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reuters, AP, AFP, yle, hs.fi, STT, BBC

The poll options are all complete trash. All Finnish tabloids​ are more trustworthy than any of those. Not even kidding.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2017-06-16 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reuters, AP, NPR, CBS, CNN
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Liveleaks and wikileaks mostly. We are in a sorry state atm.

Deleted
    Time.

If anything is important enough to know it will evenetually make itself way to you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watch the most trusted news network to be accurate. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.85da7370f658

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    CNN is pentagon propaganda war-pushing news, CNN never passed up a chance to push propaganda for the military industrial complex. 6 years since the war in Syria and not a single news article critical of Obama arming and funding and training the jihadist rebels in Syria.
    Says the guy that named himself after the 2nd biggest con man in the country behind Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Random Youtubers (wont name them) but if like 10 of them report the same thing, there must be some truth to it.

Breitbart and Fox are ok as well, Inforwars is like 90% reliable. CNN and the Young Turds is just fake news and if they report something, the opposite is probably true.
    The fact that you think Infowars is more than 5% reliable means you are gullible as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP: Straight to the source. No bullshit.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Reddit and YouTube. You can read whatever articles that are written and then go to the comments and sift through all the differing opinions and other sources usually provided for yet further viewpoints. There's no single news source that is unbiased so you need to find information from as many sources as possible and weigh their worth yourself.

What is your most trusted news source.
    options are corporate and yellow press, conspiracy sites
    cringe /10 chars

Talking Points Memo leans left for sure, but one thing I like about them is they don't post about all of the nonsense that many other sites do. It's almost entirely USA politics. No celebrity crap, sideboobs, etc...

Although, the comment section is way to the left.

Define "news".

If it doesn't impact me or anyone I care about or I can't personally do anything about it, it ain't "news".

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    At least people have enough sense to realize how biased and uninformed HuffPost is. Bravo.
    I'd say it's about the same level as Fox, or a bit better.

Old school Fox was way lower on the chain than HuffPost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Associated Press or Reuters. More the AP than anything. It's not even on this list but many journalistic groups cite the AP and use their wire services to get breaking news coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post

Reading comments like this made me believe in aliens.