Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Thats still one lockout. But sure, its like its two but its integrated.
    The problem isn't the lockouts. They could easily limit everyone to one difficulty level per toon, or make it Mythic/lower three shared.

The problem is gear inflation, which really has nothing to do with LFR and everything to do with 4 difficulty levels. Leave LFR queueable, eliminate Normal, let guilds do heroic/mythic. Institute a lockout so that heroic/mythic can't do LFR. If people want to smash their faces into 5 split Heroic runs before they hit mythic more power to them.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    The problem isn't the lockouts. They could easily limit everyone to one difficulty level per toon, or make it Mythic/lower three shared.

The problem is gear inflation, which really has nothing to do with LFR and everything to do with 4 difficulty levels. Leave LFR queueable, eliminate Normal, let guilds do heroic/mythic. Institute a lockout so that heroic/mythic can't do LFR. If people want to smash their faces into 5 split Heroic runs before they hit mythic more power to them.
    Fair enough. My reason to have a higher difficulty mode was so the raid wasnt so restricting, not because i especially wanted it. I am a fan of the TBC structure, but if its too restricting i see it can be a problem aswell. Still... 2 is better than 4. If it can still keep an acceptable level of participation. But one would be ideal.

Like a way it could work is for the raid difficulty to increase per wing (more than it already does). Like the first 3 bosses beeing almost puggable, the following 3 requiring an organised group, and the last 3 beeing high mythic difficulty bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-12 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Well that is some weird way of thinking - it was harder in the past.

In my opinion it should neither get harder nor easier .. but faster. Bosses are just busted with health in LFR. If you do them with "fitting" gear on the whole raid, they take longer to kill than normal or heroic counterparts. This, for me, is a way more important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Which people? I have never ever seen any evidence that any LFR players (let alone "most") think LFR is comparable to real raiding. It seems to me that this perception of LFR raiders with delusions of grandeur has been created entirely by a group of elitists who, great though they may be at playing computer games, are seriously lacking in understanding how other human beings think.
    People on this forum call LFR raiding all the time.

Also I never said "most" people say it, so don't quote me unless your reading comprehension is up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Fair enough. My reason to have a higher difficulty mode was so the raid wasnt so restricting, not because i especially wanted it. I am a fan of the TBC structure, but if its too restricting i see it can be a problem aswell. Still... 2 is better than 4. If it can still keep an acceptable level of participation. But one would be ideal.

Like a way it could work is for the raid difficulty to increase per wing (more than it already does). Like the first 3 bosses beeing almost puggable, the following 3 requiring an organised group, and the last 3 beeing high mythic difficulty bosses.
    I liked the BC structure with one caveat: the rampant poaching sucked. My guild spent a year+ in Kara/ZA because we'd gear people, do a little TK/SSC, then they'd go to a better guild. Start over, repeat ad nauseam. (Also, my guild was pretty shitty, so that didn't help.) One difficulty would be ideal from a gear standpoint, but I think it would shrink a lot of the raid pool. A lot of people only do LFR, and leaving aside whether that's an actual raid, it provides a way for more people to get in there. And I'm sure some guilds, rather than beat their face into the more challenging wings and constantly lose people to better guilds, would just disband and move on.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yes, but, as I said in my original post to which you were responding, not "real" raiding (ie, people on this forum don't consider LFR to be equal to normal, heroic or mythic). The simple fact that some people call LFR "raiding" is not nearly sufficient to support the original assertion I am refuting.

Also I never said "most" people say it, so don't quote me unless your reading comprehension is up to snuff.
    Firstly, the post you were responding to specifically mentioned "most people". So it would be implied that you are referring to the same. Secondly, you used a similar phrasing when you said "It's mostly true though, people think LFR is raiding".

You'll have to forgive me for interpretting that as meaning the same thing as "most people think LFR is (real) raiding". Maybe you need to work on trying not to write ambiguously if you want people to comprehend it.

LFR is actually an acronym. I know the R denotes the word 'Raid'. Not sure abut the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    LFR is actually an acronym. I know the R denotes the word 'Raid'. Not sure abut the other two.
    Raid is the type of instance, I don't consider a group with 50% afk people and 50% tunneling boss to be "raiding"

Deleted
    <remove lfr
    <people start going non heroic
    <looking for raids got harder.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2017-06-16 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    forced its not the right word...but LFR has an illusion of being poplar. It served its point and needs to evolve. The "story mode" should be a solo scenario. Maybe a a tutorial to the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be be ideal to be honest...normal in group finder and turn "story mode" into a solo scenario.
    LFR still has a purpose.
    Those players who don't want it are the problem.
    How often do we get called "entitled", that we demand instant gratification, while the "real raiders" are the ones raising requirements in the name of "efficiency" - which in real terms means quicker and easier.

Raid is the type of instance, I don't consider a group with 50% afk people and 50% tunneling boss to be "raiding"
    And that is player behaviour deciding that, not mechanics.
    And do you really look at WHO is afk'ing.
    A lot of them are those who consider the format "beneath them" and therefore not worth their effort.
    If you opt into it, it is worth your time.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-16 at 01:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And that is player behaviour deciding that, not mechanics.
    And do you really look at WHO is afk'ing.
    A lot of them are those who consider the format "beneath them" and therefore not worth their effort.
    If you opt into it, it is worth your time.
    If you are able to kill a boss with 50% of players playing then it is 100% the mechanics dictating it.

If you are able to kill a boss with 50% of players playing then it is 100% the mechanics dictating it.
    It is dictated by the gearing and skill of those actually playing.
    Look at how dungeons are the same, even soloable.

If players more than capable are choosing to avoid any meaningful contribution, then it is their fault only.
    Not the format.

The difficulty is below "your" standards, that is the problem.
    Well then it isn't aimed at you, and if you are able to commit to the other formats then you should not be there.

LFR has a difficultly aimed at something unrepresentative of the players going into it.
    If you are above the intended level of players going in, then it isn't someone else's fault when it is easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

No, LFR is already too hardcore. I can afk in fire but not in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Right now, if u are a ranged DPS you pretty much just DPS and don`t stand in s**t.. thats all.
    But I play ONLY ranged DPS!
    Nothing stops you from standing in shit, a healer spec'ed in dps will offheal you to full in no time.

What they need is to make LFR give NOTHING. You want gear? Work for it. You want to SEE the instance?(which is what the original design of LFR was, so people could see the content they were missing) Then yeah sure go SEE it in LFR.

inb4 "but what would be the point of running LFR?"
    That's exactly it, there should not be a point other than seeing the content. No one should WANT to run that shit, it needs to not have any incentive. And ultimately be left behind and not brought back in other xpacks, what blizz needs to do is force people to play well and stop sucking.

Exactly

Such an elegant solution to a non problem. People have four raid flavours to choose. People need to play what they want to play and shut the hell up about what other people want to play. The game will be a much happier place.
    This, right here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Right now, if u are a ranged DPS you pretty much just DPS and don`t stand in s**t.. thats all.
    But I play ONLY ranged DPS!
    Your description of LFR difficulty is a lot friendly than mine. The description you provided is the description I would give for Normal, and to a certain extent, Heroic mode raiding.

Deleted
    what they should do is make the boss hp scale with the ilvl of the group. if you are in LFR with a group full of people who barely make the ilvl requirement, it takes so long to kill stuff.

and if you want to see what happens in LFR when things are made hard, do end boss LFR the first week it's released, you get anything from a few wipes to max stacks of that wipe buff. it hasn't been very bad yet this expansion, but archimonde LFR was hilarious first few weeks.

Luckily no one cares what you think about it. Blizzard say it is raiding and that is the end of it.

A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a number of people attempt to defeat another number of people at a player-vs-player or a number of NPCs in a player-vs-environment battlefield. The term raid itself stems from the military definition of a sudden attack and/or seizure of some objective.

Luckily no one cares what you think about it. Blizzard say it is raiding and that is the end of it.

A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a number of people attempt to defeat another number of people at a player-vs-player or a number of NPCs in a player-vs-environment battlefield. The term raid itself stems from the military definition of a sudden attack and/or seizure of some objective.
    Oh an appeal to authority, how convincing. lol

You know exactly what I mean by "raiding" stop being intentionally obtuse.

What do you consider the early Vanilla 40-mans?