Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Shooting an intruder =/= tying them up and shooting them in the head

that's called a war crime junior
    Where did you get the idea we have them tied up? I am trying to be semi realistic here. First, I would shoot on sight so this situation simply would never apply. But somehow, I dont know... I shoot them in the arm and the give up ask to live? I'd kill them. Why?

1) They are bad people. This liberal, (mainly European) notion that people do it just to survive is bullshit. Most break ins for the USA are done by young, violent, no good males (usually not white, almost never Asian...) who are already a lost cause. They are not done by good people. Its better for the world they are gotten rid of

2) It is a FACT most criminals are repeat offenders and will continue on their path. Its is a statistical fact. Watch this, as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYMhBmLy26w its just a story from a real person, not a news story. Summary: Guy stole his car while it was being detailed. People knew who did it, and he was a KNOWN criminal and repeat offender. He had a record. Police let him go because it was "dangerous" to chase him. Criminal gets away, trashes this poor guys car, is now free to commit more crimes. He may not have killed anyone but he causes misery and will continue doing so. WHY KEEP HIM AROUND!?

This notion that people should have a free hand to be thugs and criminals, terrorizing others and IF caught, and IF convicted, go to a heated jail with meals paid for by me to meet other criminals and work out is INSANE to me. Its fucking insane. I don't get how anyone can be in favor of it. Kill em. Don't commit crimes, don't die. Easy.

Deleted
    Nah, should be fine.. and better. If you let them live the robber might actually sue you for some stupid nonsense. They were in your home, you could say he was coming right at ya.. who can prove you wrong? Not to mention youd be doing the society a favor. The more of them get shot, the less encouraging it will be for future robbers to attempt it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    So if some asshole brakes into my house, I have to verify he is armed before defending myself?

Seems like a lot of bother and risk for an event I didn't want anything to do with. Ultimately, the thief puts themselves in this position. Not the resident.
    "Have him at your mercy"? Yeah, if you're in that situation, it's murder.
    Why is this topic still being discussed?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Have him at your mercy"? Yeah, if you're in that situation, it's murder.
    Why is this topic still being discussed?
    No, it's not. And that answers your other question, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, it's not. And that answers your other question, too.
    I'm not sure where you're from but in the civilized part of the world, you can't murder unarmed, defenseless people.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure where you're from but in the civilized part of the world, you can't murder unarmed, defenseless people.
    Then unarmed, defenseless people should arm themselves when breaking into a house. Because they can be shot. On sight. In most states - conservative and liberal - it is completely legal to shoot a home invader. And what would the onus be on me, the home owner, to ascertain if an assailant is armed/unarmed before I shoot? In what world do you live in that innocent people have to determine if evil doers are armed before they can defend themselves?

(and p.s., if you check my post history, i'm generally liberal - and I don't own a gun)

No it should not be a crime and you should execute him. If you don't then he'll likely escape his trial go to an alternate reality and gather a massive army to invade the planet.

When they invade your home, they have declared war on you, including and up to: Stealing my hard earned property and money, damaging my house, entering with the intent to cause harm or death (I highly doubt most home invaders go in thinking "Ok, ill break in and steal, but if someone is there I'll just give up without hurting anyone" They are bad people, good people don't break into homes. They deserve death, the end.

The lack of respect for human life in this thread is shocking.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is my life in Danger? Self-preservation.
    Is my life not in danger? No executirino.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly is there about Human life that demands respect though?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Is my life in Danger? Self-preservation.
    Is my life not in danger? No executirino.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly is there about Human life that demands respect though?
    How does someone like you work at all in society?

I know, right? The gall of disrespecting my life by breaking into my home! They better hope they see me first, cuz I would def shoot to kill, not taking the chance they will try to kill me, they already broke into my home!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Never snuck out as a kid? Came home after midnight?

Not like we don't have a few instances of this already happening in america.
    actually no i didnt and even if i did i had a key to get it

- - - Updated - - -

yeah cause that person breaking to your house has total respect for yours right?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

A guy looked at me askance on the street yesterday, so I've decided to nuke the entire neighbourhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of hypotheticals being discussed here. The scenario in the OP is that instead of shooting the invaders initially, they were disarmed, are no longer a threat, and are now at the mercy of the homeowner. In this scenario, to execute them is murder. There is no castle doctrine or law to protect you if you kill them.

I am perfectly willing to accept your right to protect yourself, and to take a life if absolutely necessary, but there is only one answer to the OP's scenario and question: yes, it is and should be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    no it's fucking NOT. What is stopping these people from coming back? The moment they invade your home to hurt you, the moment they lose their rights as human beings and revert to wild animals for putting down.

That is the justifaction I recall for a man that heard noises and set bear traps in his home the robbers stepped on. After which, he showed up guns blazing and killed them. He was sent to jail.
    Use of lethal force to defend yourself is justified. Your what if scenario had them at your mercy, and that is what is "stopping them coming back". Let the cops deal with them after that. The guy is your other scenario wasn't wrong in setting the bear traps, but there is no chance of someone being a thread after they've been caught in one of those so killing them was murder.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    A lot of hypotheticals being discussed here. The scenario in the OP is that instead of shooting the invaders initially, they were disarmed, are no longer a threat, and are now at the mercy of the homeowner. In this scenario, to execute them is murder. There is no castle doctrine or law to protect you if you kill them.

I am perfectly willing to accept your right to protect yourself, and to take a life if absolutely necessary, but there is only one answer to the OP's scenario and question: yes, it is and should be a crime.
    Note to self: don't disarm first, shoot them first so it won't be murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I mean, you're not wrong. If you shoot first you're defending yourself. If you disarm and detain the intruder the threat is over and killing them is going to get you in some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    If you disarm them first, it'll most likely be viewed as murder by any sane jury.

If you don't disarm them first, it might still be considered murder.

The key thing, like with any crime, is to ensure you execute all the witnesses so that you are the only one alive to give your side of the story. Also make sure you make a huge mess of the crime scene to hide all the forensic evidence. Best to incinerate all the bodies and the entire crime scene really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh...yes? What kind of question is this? I mean if you're in danger, go ahead and blow them away. But if they give up and they're no longer a threat and you kill them anyway, you're a psychopath and deserve to rot in prison.