Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Maybe not politically, but they own many college campuses.
    You have a source, I asssume?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think I missed the memo on the country falling into a state of civil war where people you disagree with politically are 'enemy combatants'

- - - Updated - - -

There is a story circulating that the shooter supposedly asked people whether the group practicing on the field were republicans or democrats. Some say the suspect is in custody and some say he was killed.
    They are. You know why? Because this doesn't boil down to a damn opinion. "Slavery is fundamentally wrong to enforce upon a human being in any form" "Well, that is just your opinion man" < It doesn't work that way. Some shit in this god damn world are fundamentally true no matter what shit stain polish you try and put on it. Something many republicans don't seem to want to acknowledge. So yeah, enemy combatant, sure.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    but if those were just a bunch of kids playing softball without the police detail it would have been a massacre, So you're ok with only politicians being able to be defended?
    I certainly didn't say any of that. Ghostpanther said that the second amendment was working "in essence". I was merely pointing out that the "essence" of the second amendment isn't about police being armed (it's about civilians being armed).
    That's all.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I certainly didn't say any of that. Ghostpanther said that the second amendment was working "in essence". I was merely pointing out that the "essence" of the second amendment isn't about police being armed (it's about civilians being armed).
    That's all.
    In essence that the Second Amendment is about the right of the citizens to be armed so that can more successfully defend themselves was my point. And in this case, the victims would have been totally at the mercy of the attacker without the armed security. Like myself, without my firearm for security, I am at the mercy of a attacker who is ether stronger than I am or is armed. This is not something hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    but if those were just a bunch of kids playing softball without the police detail it would have been a massacre, So you're ok with only politicians being able to be defended?
    You want kids to have guns now too?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    They are. You know why? Because this doesn't boil down to a damn opinion. "Slavery is fundamentally wrong to enforce upon a human being in any form" "Well, that is just your opinion man" < It doesn't work that way. Some shit in this god damn world are fundamentally true no matter what shit stain polish you try and put on it. Something many republicans don't seem to want to acknowledge. So yeah, enemy combatant, sure.
    Well, this is where you are wrong... it does boil down to opinions, some people feel this country could do better, and grow better if it went in a different direction than you think it should. Health care, economy, social issues, military... all of these things you have an opinion on, as do those on the right. Just because you do not like what their ideas are, it does not give you or anyone the right to act in a violent nature when no violence is enacted on you. You want to fight the powers that be, do it with your vote, do it with YOUR ideas for the future. If your ideas are good and are in line with others... thats just more votes to change the game. Your belief that individuals are "enemy combatants" in this country leads me to believe that you are mentally unhealthy, and should seek counseling, because no sane individual even remotely believes this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Or you know... the parents of the kids who are playing the game...
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You have tried to twist his comment, but it has failed. Kids are defenseless against such type attacks. But so are unarmed adults who have no security or means to protect themselves against a armed attacker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Well, this is where you are wrong... it does boil down to opinions, some people feel this country could do better, and grow better if it went in a different direction than you think it should. Health care, economy, social issues, military... all of these things you have an opinion on, as do those on the right. Just because you do not like what their ideas are, it does not give you or anyone the right to act in a violent nature when no violence is enacted on you. You want to fight the powers that be, do it with your vote, do it with YOUR ideas for the future. If your ideas are good and are in line with others... thats just more votes to change the game. Your belief that individuals are "enemy combatants" in this country leads me to believe that you are mentally unhealthy, and should seek counseling, because no sane individual even remotely believes this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said. The last time those who wanted to force their will on the nation, it failed big time by a armed conflict. The sitting President ( even when it was Obama ) has the support of the Constitution and the military sworn to protect it. There is only one right way to make change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You have tried to twist his comment, but it has failed. Kids are defenseless against such type attacks. But so are unarmed adults who have no security or means to protect themselves against a armed attacker.
    Much like my comment was twisted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Much like my comment was twisted.
    Was nothing wrong with your comment other than you did not understand what I meant posting in essence the second amendment was in action at the shooting. The essence being that all people ( makes no difference who they are as long as they are adults ) have the Constitutional right to use arms for self defense. Ether on themselves or by hiring a armed security team. You do know a lot of the politicians who want to only allow police to have firearms in the public, are perfectly fine having their own armed guards. A lot of us do not have such a luxury.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't an opinion man. There are fundamental facts in life that you can wish wash the fuck out, they aint opinions, you're just wrong.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Can't help but laugh at Fox News. Congressional baseball game is dedicated to Steve Scalise with both Democrats and Republicans wearing his home team's hat. Democrats wreck the Republicans 11-2. Democrats give the trophy to Republicans anyways and tell them to give it to Scalise. Front page news everywhere, something heartwarming and positive after all of this tragedy...out of morbid curiosity I checked Fox News, no reporting of it whatsoever. It's probably buried somewhere in a story, but nothing on the front page about it. People complain about CNN but honestly Fox News is just as bad if not worse, and this is coming from a conservative.
    You did not check very well. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...l-it-last.html

Deleted
    Bet the catcher was happy he had a kevlar vest on.

Can't help but laugh at Fox News. Congressional baseball game is dedicated to Steve Scalise with both Democrats and Republicans wearing his home team's hat. Democrats wreck the Republicans 11-2. Democrats give the trophy to Republicans anyways and tell them to give it to Scalise. Front page news everywhere, something heartwarming and positive after all of this tragedy...out of morbid curiosity I checked Fox News, no reporting of it whatsoever. It's probably buried somewhere in a story, but nothing on the front page about it. People complain about CNN but honestly Fox News is just as bad if not worse, and this is coming from a conservative.
    It was for fucking charity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    It was for fucking charity.
    Yep and he still did not do a good enough job checking and jumped to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah of course, buried in the politics section. Not even front page there.
    Not really. It is on the front page of their web site. Took me like 4 seconds to find it. :P You know there are more serous issues facing the nation than a charity ball game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, everything should be solved with a shoot-out.

What's better than a mass panic? A mass panic where everyone has guns, right?

...Or does arming everyone suddenly make them cool and level-headed human beings?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm perusing the front page now. It is not there. Perhaps it is generating different stories? Do you see it on the sidebar or something? I see "Congressional Baseball Game Raising Money for Charity" in small text at the bottom of the page. Everyone already knows its a charity event, and no one has cared about it in the past. The reason it means more now is the unity displayed in a time of deep division when a lot of Americans want to kill each other. I'm not trying to pick apart Fox News, I used to be a big fan, but I feel like they're just as bad as CNN in their headline manipulation and selection of stories to emphasize, yet they get a free pass because all of these Trumpanzees believe everything is fake news but them.
    Stop lying. There are multiple links to things about the game on the front page.

Also this: https://mobile.twitter.com/Grunt0331...520464896?s=09
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-06-16 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perusing the front page now. It is not there. Perhaps it is generating different stories? Do you see it on the sidebar or something? I see "Congressional Baseball Game Raising Money for Charity" in small text at the bottom of the page. Everyone already knows its a charity event, and no one has cared about it in the past. The reason it means more now is the unity displayed in a time of deep division when a lot of Americans want to kill each other. I'm not trying to pick apart Fox News, I used to be a big fan, but I feel like they're just as bad as CNN in their headline manipulation and selection of stories to emphasize, yet they get a free pass because all of these Trumpanzees believe everything is fake news but them.
    I just checked. It is still there on the front page..down a bit on the left side and bold high lighted about Unity in the party. In the article itself, they mention the game results and how the winning democrats donated the trophy anyway and how the event is a positive sign, etc. Watch what news network you want to, but CNN is horrible. Much worse than Fox news. And the ratings reflect which is the most trusted by more viewers. But is not that popular on this forum. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes, everything should be solved with a shoot-out.

What's better than a mass panic? A mass panic where everyone has guns, right?

...Or does arming everyone suddenly make them cool and level-headed human beings?
    Attackers prefer attacking people who are defenseless. Maybe the dumb ass shooter thought the politicians there would not have armed security? But he could clearly see his targets were not armed.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried switching to desktop mode and I see it now, it's formatted weird but I see it.

Well I think the ratings make sense when you think about the demographics and the amount of networks that have a conservative spin. They're really the only option if you're a conservative that doesn't want his/her safe space encroached upon. Also most of the younger generation are abandoning cable news altogether, biggest market is now boomers which tend to be more conservative.
    And for now the older generations have a higher voting percentage. People generally change as they get older and experienced more in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what they say...if you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not conservative when you're old, you have no brains (and no money).

Personally I've always been conservative, guess that makes me heartless hehe. But as I've gotten older I've learned things aren't so black and white and I'm not afraid to switch my vote even if there's an (R) next to their name now...when I was young, there's no way in hell I'd do that. I'd justify every stupid thing people in my party did. Now I just have no patience and no tolerance for it, if I see my own team acting as stupid as the other team I call them on it. And I'd go as far as to say I'd actually support the other team at a certain point, if my current team continues to abandon core principles that originally attracted me to them.
    I understand that. One reason I voted for Obama his first term. But after 4 years, experience showed me he was not one to vote for again.