Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think there is definitely a bit less build variety, but some of that perception also very much comes due to the considerably decreased activity in the class guide forums. They used to be pretty robust, with plenty of discussion regarding a variety of builds, with updated build guides/discussions for major patches. The few times I've gone back to check to see about updated builds the forums have been pretty depressing, with most of the builds being pretty outdated (at least a patch old, sometimes more) and there being a definite decrease in the number of builds that were still being discussed etc.
    I just stopped caring about builds tbh. Half of them as you said are never updated anymore. I remember back in Storm Legion the discussion was insane about which build was best for which Soul and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think there is definitely a bit less build variety, but some of that perception also very much comes due to the considerably decreased activity in the class guide forums. They used to be pretty robust, with plenty of discussion regarding a variety of builds, with updated build guides/discussions for major patches. The few times I've gone back to check to see about updated builds the forums have been pretty depressing, with most of the builds being pretty outdated (at least a patch old, sometimes more) and there being a definite decrease in the number of builds that were still being discussed etc.
    Yeah, I think you're right on both points. Not to mention that the devs have overtly said they want 61 point builds to be what players go to. They have no issue with squashing "deviant hybrids" (their words) to maintain the status quo. Everything comes back to them wanting to focus on raiding and instanced content instead of other forms of content. I can't stress to the devs enough how damaging it is to their game for that to be their primary focus. That's not what they do well and that's not their strength. If I want to raid I'm going to do it in WoW, when it comes to that type of content they are the top dog and they have the dev team now to enforce that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I was reading through the official forums thinking about playing again, and there is so much 'This is nerfed" That is nerfed, This is going to be nerfed, this build is obsolete, etc...

The feeling I came away with so many souls, so many ways to go the developers have nerfed classes to the point you are boxed in to specific builds and rotations in order just to barley survive playing the game.
    this will be my last post here because someone is a little ban happy.......i feel like i can speak more freely on the rift forums lol. butt just try the game out no harm in that butt as a gamer and a mmo fan i dont see any thing in rift right now t o give justify the download

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    this will be my last post here because someone is a little ban happy.......i feel like i can speak more freely on the rift forums lol. butt just try the game out no harm in that butt as a gamer and a mmo fan i dont see any thing in rift right now t o give justify the download
    Ban happy? Your posts half the time here consists of "Rift sucks" with no actual reasoning why other than that. It's not constructive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    just an update rift still sucks ass

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Something you said directly. How is this constructive? How does it provide anything towards the topic? Hint. It doesn't. Feel free to be critical of the game but that isn't critique.

@lokoma I'm not trying to say you cannot dislike Rift. I would never try to squash an opinion. What I am saying is when you say stuff like that it doesn't really provide any constructive discussion. It's not an insult either.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-16 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right on both points. Not to mention that the devs have overtly said they want 61 point builds to be what players go to. They have no issue with squashing "deviant hybrids" (their words) to maintain the status quo. Everything comes back to them wanting to focus on raiding and instanced content instead of other forms of content. I can't stress to the devs enough how damaging it is to their game for that to be their primary focus. That's not what they do well and that's not their strength. If I want to raid I'm going to do it in WoW, when it comes to that type of content they are the top dog and they have the dev team now to enforce that.
    Rift used to be pretty damn good with their raids. And then f2p happened and they cared more about what was in the cash shop than what was in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Rift used to be pretty damn good with their raids. And then f2p happened and they cared more about what was in the cash shop than what was in the game.
    Let's not forget the devs blaming players for any bugs that made it through to live because they either have a poor QA team or a team that barely tested it. "But not enough of you went on the PTS"!. Then that is why in that situation you have an internal team do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Let's not forget the devs blaming players for any bugs that made it through to live because they either have a poor QA team or a team that barely tested it. "But not enough of you went on the PTS"!. Then that is why in that situation you have an internal team do it.
    I remember back in 1.x Rift, vanilla, when there was some completely broken shit going on with Riftstalker tanking, they put out some patch note purple post about how the changes in patch 3.1 or whatever "was not intended to address these problems", and that was memed in to the freakin ground, the Titanic hitting the iceberg, Apollo 13, whatever you like. Trion was always great at throwing shit against the wall on PTS and letting players just figure it out on the go when it got live. I still miss things about that game, but their "let's completely reverse what's good or bad in any spec in every class between each patch because lulz" approach is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Well, to be fair, their raids in the past were much much better, and better than WoW. I guess that team is all gone now though. But this all goes back to the Rift devs thinking they know what players want better than the players do. Something I have said for a long long long time. Pretty much when I started playing Rift near the end of Vanilla/Chocolate.

If the devs spent less time trying to fix the world first races in Rift and more time on the bugs then they wouldn't need to blame the playerbase who even as Stormlegion came out were already getting dissalusioned due to the whole Maelforge fiasco and proof that certain guilds were able to do more to test ptr raid bosses than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If the devs spent less time trying to fix the world first races in Rift and more time on the bugs then they wouldn't need to blame the playerbase who even as Stormlegion came out were already getting dissalusioned due to the whole Maelforge fiasco and proof that certain guilds were able to do more to test ptr raid bosses than others.
    World First races in the nicest way of saying it are done when there are like 20 guilds progressing in the raid.

PTS is there for players to willingly test content if they want to. Not to be forced onto it. What Trion did when players didn't was throw a little hissy fit and try to blame the players for their own mistakes. They should have had a QA team ready to test in case players didn't.

According to Topofrift. 20 entire guilds have stepped foot in with only 13 clearing it. Raiding is essentially in the pits now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-17 at 12:51 PM.

World First races in the nicest way of saying it are done when there are like 20 guilds progressing in the raid.

PTS is there for players to willingly test content if they want to. Not to be forced onto it. What Trion did when players didn't was throw a little hissy fit and try to blame the players for their own mistakes. They should have had a QA team ready to test in case players didn't.

According to Topofrift. 20 entire guilds have stepped foot in with only 13 clearing it. Raiding is essentially in the pits now.
    What I meant was back during infernal dawn the devs did everything they could to give Special Olympics the world first Maelforge. With only letting select guilds test the raids, keeping bugs open until said guild had finished with them. (Remember the Rusilla Dreadblade farming?) and going so far as to a week or so NQ achieved World First to just hand it to Special Olympics.

While they did that it showed they were just not keeping an eye on all other areas of the game. So blaming the playerbase was bullshit on their part.

In storm Legion ptr/beta I lost track of how many times I fell through staircases in the capital, reported them over and over. Only to find myself falling through same areas when it went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Their raids were good, I was never a huge fan of them but they weren't bad by any standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, to be fair, their raids in the past were much much better, and better than WoW. I guess that team is all gone now though. But this all goes back to the Rift devs thinking they know what players want better than the players do. Something I have said for a long long long time. Pretty much when I started playing Rift near the end of Vanilla/Chocolate.
    Their raids were far better in the past then they are now, if they were better than WoW I'd argue they were comparable. Right now though, with the size of the dev team they really need to focus on their strengths which for Rift has always been open world content and events. At this point in time I do think it is absolutely a waste of time and resources to try to force these half-finished raids out. There are so many other avenues open to them, things that would help rope in a larger group of people and they're just focusing on one of the few things that won't help them.

Deleted
    They're still advertising for a free expansion weekend on Steam for May 10-14th. An event 1 month ago.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ft-server.html

Found this when I was browsing the forums for the first time in months. Must say I had quite a chuckle reading some comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ft-server.html

Found this when I was browsing the forums for the first time in months. Must say I had quite a chuckle reading some comments.
    It seems like rift players are getting tired of having nothing to do in the game's "new expansions"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Maelforge had nothing to do with a testing advantage, nor did any kill in Infernal Dawn. I would know this better than most.

If you're able to explain your point on testing then I'll be happy to refute it.

Deleted
    Personally, while I think the concept is great, I really hope they don't spend resources on special ruleset servers, we don't need more diversification of dev resources. As much as I loved prior expansions more than this one, I very much doubt I'd move.
    Biggest kek i had this week

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Biggest kek i had this week
    Yep read that too. Because their current resources are doing such a stellar job right??

Right?

I'm surprised it lasted this long.