Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Garrisons did return in Legion we call them Order halls but their much better and not everything is given to you in one place. But for future expansions I do not want to see them again unless we all get our own Legion spaceship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    But maybe I'm alone on that?
    The Garrison made a return, albeit changed. It's called The Order Hall. I'm sure next expac has a new concept that re-hashes some of those mechanics again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    The Garrison made a return, albeit changed. It's called The Order Hall. I'm sure next expac has a new concept that re-hashes some of those mechanics again.
    agreed, it will probably be a boat or submarine if were doing some azshara shit which could be really cool altho I wish the order hall would stay relevent. Class fantasy shouldnt be some expansion fling it should be a core part of making classes feel unique and giving alts a different experience. We dont really have class trainers anymore but this was a good replacement imo

I loved the garrisons and would like to see them make a comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that's WHY people don't whine about the MoP farm. It wasn't connected to the game. You did some cooking/food stuff there but other than that it didn't matter. You could utterly skip it. Garrisons and order halls are NOT skippable and the mission boards are integrated into your game. While they might technically be skippable you'd not have your 3rd relic slot, etc if you didn't do them.

If they just had quest givers I'd be fine. But I don't like the mission board concept at all and I don't really like the research stuff which are just raw timegates. In WOD, they put too many useful things in the garrison so you never needed to really move out of them and isolating players in instanced housing makes the world less vital
    The mission board is simply a methodology for delivering quests. I understand the hostility toward it though. For a lot of people it was a symbol of a sort of passive play that really rubbed people the wrong way given Wow's history of players generally needing to do something to progress. I would agree with that. I have always thought the mission board itself was less the problem and what was on the mission board was where things went south.

Garrisons with no customization and an on-rails experience to build were just not interesting enough to warrant the amount of integration they received.

I think there are the seeds of a really good idea in garrisons but like my own suggestion about making it a Sim- builder sort of game it's a long way from what the core of World of Warcraft has always been. It's OK to question that core after twelve plus years and the idea of having a base was fine in and of itself. But the base should have been a launching place to get you more into the world. How Blizzard handles their own world is a primary cause of my own frustration with the game.

The game itself could use some redefinition from never-ending faction warfare which at this point is more of a frame solely for PVP than anything else. That's another topic though but the game shouldn't lean toward passivity for successful progression and play.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-16 at 07:52 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I'd really love to see some form of it's return... not so much for the missions...

but i'd like to have more customization options for my followers/champions.
    I'm fine with being limited to 5-7 champions, but i'd like a way to change their armor appearances... and optimally even be able to "create"
    (Much in the way you can do in Pillars of Eternity for instance)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they change it so we don't spend entire expansion sitting in Garrisons, yes. If not, no.
    I actually like how Class Order Halls played out.

Deleted
    garrisons are already back and they are called class halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Guild Garrisons. They have to do this now they had order halls and zone building on the Broken Shore.
    You do realize that they don't have to do this. I'm curious if it's just the vocal minority that wants it or just everyone in general. I have yet to meet one person that is in favor of guild halls other than the vocal minority I see on forums. Granted, it's not a good amount of evidence either way, but still.

Garrisons were better than WQuests.

Come at me haters.

guild garrisons can be badass, oh wait, its called castles and were in Lineage II 15 years ago

No!

Something like guild hub would be cool tho.

I don't understand why blizzard wants to separate the population to different instances. Garrisons first, and now class order halls. Wouldn't it be nicer to have maybe a "training camp" where it's an order hall for every class, and the main city like dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    You might as well just go back to AFKing in stormwind, or better yet, have something that makes us AFK in the other cities too, instead of the SW/Org duo

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I want every trace of the Garrison/Class Hall gone completely. No more followers, no more missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    only over my dead and rotten body.
    Be careful what you wish for.

I would love garrisons back. I miss the vibe it brought. I was the general, an important dude with great power and responsibilities. Oh yes it was great I'm getting chicken skin right now ogggggjesus

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Hell no!

WoD garrisons failed and everyone knows why.

Class Order Halls failed since it still had the damn table tied into the main story.
    Failed how? I kinda like chilling with all my Shaman buddies, talking to elementals, flipping totems and shit. The few missions you absolutely have to do (those to unlock your 3rd relic slot) are done in a relatively short time compared to expansion lifetime.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2017-06-16 at 12:43 PM.

If they're ever going to do something similar I'd rather see it on a smaller scale akin to player housing with more customization options.

Deleted
    I'd love Guild Garrison, and every building gives you a PvE and PvP advantage and has a specific role. And Guild Wars, where you are placed in an arena with opposing Garrisons, and every building has a role there, and can be destroyed/rebuild with resources. Maybe week long battles with many objectives.